WHOz HeaDeD 2 THe SuPeRBoWL?

As far as Sherman's little speech.... I think it was completely intentional and thought through. Here is why:

1. Seahawks get bad PR over Marshawn Lynch not talking to media
  2. Seahawks need to take the focus off Lynch, the only way to do that is to give them something bigger.
  3. Nothing pumps up people than a little drama! and is there a better way than what Sherman did?
  4. Sherman is not a stupid man... he has a degree from Stanford and is working on his masters in.... wait for it... COMMUNICATION & MARKETING!

I don't know, it all seems a little convenient...

btw.... GO HAWKS!!

Edited by Havamal

By the way, Sherman isn't a defensive back, he's a cornerback.

Spyder I know football. For the last 18 years I have been very involved with University of Tennessee football, watch most games from the field, have an all time all access pass to everything, and speak to the coaches and players on a regular basis. I provide vehicles for the entire athletic department to drive and was a student football assistant my last 3 years at UT and 2 years during Grad school as well. Arian Foster usually stays at my house when he is in town, we go way back. Al Wilson too, he is a great friend and a top 2 or 3 Middle Linebacker in UT history. Not bragging, just surprised to have my football knowledge questioned lol. Its the ONE sport I love, College Football. The rest are just time fillers for me.

Just so you know, anyone that lines up behind the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball is a defensive back because they are defense and playing from the backfield. This includes safeties, cornerbacks, and linebackers playing off the line.

My wife, Arian, and I headed to last years Spring Game

DA99CA73_zpsdabae6cb.jpg

Seats arent bad, my son Brody loves them!

80DB5972_zps142e8f22.jpg

Arian being Arian during pre-game warmups

3571A7B5_zpsbb188121.jpg

I am catching a lot of flack from my boys pulling for the Seahawks because of Peyton Manning lol. I knew Peyton, and on a personal level, I didnt like him. Quick story. When I first met my wife I was in Grad school and she was a cocktail waitress at Harrys here in Knoxville, a high end Martini bar-restaurant. Peyton Manning and a couple other players were there. We had just started dating and I was sitting at the bar having a drink waiting on her to end her shift so we could go out. She told me she had Peyton and a couple players at a table and after that she was done. A few moments later she came back, visibly upset, and I asked her what happened. She said they ran a $240 tab total and left $1 on the table for a tip. She took it back to them as they left and gave it back and told them if they needed it that bad she would rather they just leave nothing. Peyton speaks up to say "It should be enough of a tip just to be able to serve us". Since that day, I have disliked Peyton. I cant take anything away from him for what he has done on the field and for the University of Tennessee, but personally in the dozen or so interactions I have had with him over the years he has had the same type of attitude. I know a lot of quasi famous people, especially athletes, and he is definitely the most smug of them all.

Not only that, the Seahawks have a Vol on their roster too. Matter of fact, the University of Tennessee has more players in this Super Bowl than any other team.

Again, Seahawks by 10. Book it. Peyton will throw 2-3 picks and the Seahawks defense will own the day!

Most Players In Super Bowl XLVIII By College (Active Roster)
Tennessee: 5
Wisconsin: 4
Arizona State: 3
California: 3
Florida: 3
Georgia: 3
Kentucky: 3
NC State: 3
San Diego State: 3
Texas A&M: 3
USC: 3