Rebuilders List of Necessary/Required tools...

Aquatroy

So I need to setup a rebuilders bench in the shop. Would like the input of experienced rebuilders as to what tools you would have at your workstation. Please include a specific brand or model if you have a preference.

And Thanks! In Advance!!

Torch (butane or propane works)

Needle nose pliers

TweeZers

Organic cotton or silica

Kanthal A1 wire (28g is my preference)

Kanthal flat ribbon wire (.7mm is my preference)

Nail clippers (for cutting the cotton/silica)

Ohm meter

DMM (digital multi meter, fluke is the best but any will work, just remember to find out what the lead resistance is)

Atty stands/mod holder ( mine is from mark but you can buy the attys stands from discount vapers, just gives you a more steady base then the mod)

Precision screwdriver kit (I have a Stanley kit that has 6 choices)

Drill bits( I have a full set because I owned them from before but a basic small set would be fine)

Toothpicks (I use them to adjust the coil without trying to force the bit back through it)

If you have a table a vice would be handy for if you decide to drill out the air holes, if not I would get a set of locking pliers and use that to hold the cap.

I think that's it. If I find anything else I'll make are to update the list!

Where do you buy organic cotton? Can I use sterile cotton balls?

Yeah you can. I don't waste my time hunting down organic. But you need to make sure it's 100% cotton not a 50/50 polyester cotton blend. You can get them at any drug store. Walgreens, cvs, drug mart, rite aide, GNC even and walmart in certain locations. :)

Some things I would add to that list is 3 Hemostats and a good Battery Power Drill.

1 Large

1 Med

1 Small Curved Tip

I can't even count how many times I have used them. They are nice because of the narrow tip and they clamp. Good for holding wire when twisting.

Minkota Cordless would be my choice for a drill, Other choice would be a Dremel or both. If you go with a Dremel you will need some small chuck inserts.

Don't get him started...he's very unorganic!!

What about twists and dragons and all that?? Any extras?

Nah you can hand twist or if your feeling spendy get a drill and a Dremel. I twist by hand most of the time and have good results. And the dragon coil is how it's wicked not the actual build. It's a normal micro coil wrapped in cotton instead of being put through the center.