Nemesis clone not firing

Hello, I am new to the mod game. i just picked up a nemesis clone and i am using a efest IMR 18650 2000mah 3.7v high-drain battery. The tank i am using is an iclear 30s (510 threaded). I know it is not a faulty tank because i i have been using it with my ego. I adjusted the pins in the nemesis so the battery fits snug with no rattling but the thing still does not hit at all. no vapor. what the heck am i doing wrong?

Just to start out, have you tried it with a different tank?

no, but it has fired with this tank before. before i got the IMR's i had those green sony batterys with the flat top. i could get it to fire very nicley with the sony battery but within 10 minutes it would die. so thats why i got the new efest IMR's and after a 7 hour charge they will not work.

Verify your charger is working. Sounds suspicious.

Verify battery has charge and is putting out current (before loading clone)

Verify atomizer pin on iclear30 is making contact with post on clone.

Hope that helps

Verify your charger is working. Sounds suspicious.

Verify battery has charge and is putting out current (before loading clone)

Verify atomizer pin on iclear30 is making contact with post on clone.

Hope that helps

charger works fine. the light on it was red for 7 hours and then turned green. all the pins are making contact. and just 5 min ago i got one huge rip! then i went for another pull and it did not work! such a tease! i keep going back and fourth trying both batteries, adjusting and resizing pins and it still is not working. i was so close! i still have no clue what the problem could be. all i know is i want to stop using an ego battery!

I get that you are frustrated.

But you say everything is working fine. The batteries are holding charge, the tank is fine, the charger is fine, all the pins are making contact....

That only leaves one other thing that could be wrong.

I'll let you ponder that for a moment......

.you are missing something. You are assuming something is working and its not. Are you using equipment to measure? Can you honestly say you understand the fundamentals of vaping gear?

Your problem is simple if you understand your unit. Open your eyes, pollywog. Take a deep breath and figure it out. It's in your hands. :)

it could be the firing button

it could be the coil is not screwed in fully inside the tank

it could be a faulty coil

it could be dirty contact points

it could be mismatched charger/batteries

FWIW this is the kinda problem that can be easily diagnosed with an inexpensive multimeter.

You will be able to determine:

• If the battery is in fact fully charged
  • If there is actually voltage at the PV's 510 connection when you fire it
  • That the cartos ohms are correct

Basically everything Bebop12 said could be checked (not guessed at) in 2 minutes.

And it doesn't have to be a fancy meter.

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-multimeter-98025.html

This one is nice for the $ and has a some good features (ships from USA).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-LCD-Multimeter-XL-830L-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Ohmmeter-OHM-VOLT-Tester-DK-/271352035881?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2dd77a29

FWIW this is the kinda problem that can be easily diagnosed with an inexpensive multimeter.

You will be able to determine:

• If the battery is in fact fully charged
  • If there is actually voltage at the PV's 510 connection when you fire it
  • That the cartos ohms are correct

Basically everything Bebop12 said could be checked (not guessed at) in 2 minutes.

And it doesn't have to be a fancy meter.

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-multimeter-98025.html

This one is nice for the $ and has a some good features (ships from USA).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-LCD-Multimeter-XL-830L-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Ohmmeter-OHM-VOLT-Tester-DK-/271352035881?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2dd77a29

Thank you, that seems to be my only option to diagnose the problem

I was curious if it was an Ebay imposter efest battery

This was my guess, too, but he said Amazon.

You said you haven't tried a different tank with it - I would do that first and foremost, see if you can get SUSTAINED vaping off a different tank. That would point to something between the tank and the unit being the issue. I've had tanks that have worked with one device and not with another, so the problem would lie with the device it doesn't work with, or with user error. Again, checking to see if batteries are fully charged (don't know what type of charger you are using, but even 18650 batteries it doesn't take me seven hours to charge), making sure the device is consistently ACTUALLY firing when you press the fire button, etc. and so forth.

Ok can you post a picture of the nemesis?

If you have the kick ring in it the pins aren't actually long enough to make contact, you can however buy the elongated pins for the original.

Another thing it your not adjusting the pins to make your battery not rattle, you should adjust the pins so they are making full contact with the iclear tank. Take the tank off, unscrew the top pin. Then screw in the tank till it sits flush, and rescrew in the top pin until it snugs up against the tank.

That could very easily be the problem .

• 4 months later...

Its most likely due to the pins not making good contact. From my experience when the mods don't fire or misfire time to time.....its always due to the pin/s being dirty.....light film forming of corrosion. Many people use some liquid cleaner to clean the metal ends/pins.....and they do work great. But its really waste of money and not needed. All you need to do is get something sharp....ive used a screwdriver...pins.....anything sharp metal and just scrach/scrap both of the end pins. Use fine Sandpaper works best and most clean. Clean the pins time to time with fine sandpaper when you notice bottom gets hotter then usual or misfires. This should fix ur issue.