New coils?

The last time I ordered KPT coils(a couple of months) the lowest size I saw was 1.8 ohm. Today I noticed in the Vapor Talk store that coils are now available at 1.5ohm. I always used the 1.8ohm for the lowest resistance so I guess I should move on down to the 1.5ohms for even lower resistance. What changes should I notice?

Lower ohms should make a little more vapor ,perhaps warmer vapor and will run the battery down a little quicker. It is possible to that you will get a burnt scorched taste depending on your liquid and personal preference.

Oh no, I do not like that burnt, scorched taste. If that is the only difference I will stick to my 1.8s.

You'd just lower the voltage to accommodate the lower resistance, or if you have a mod and run in power mode you may not notice a difference at all.

Yeah, you'd have to lower your vaping point (you use a spinner, right, so voltage only) or you may burn your juice, and yes, you'll run through your battery quicker (less ohms, more battery usage, and my SO finally explained it to me in a way I understand, I just can't explain it to anyone else so THEY understand), although the difference between 1.8 and 1.5 won't be TOO great, and may not be noticeable or appreciable, unless you log the actual amount of time (down to the minute) of how often you have to change batteries.

Personally, I'm not fond of even 1.8 ohms, at least on Kanger coils. But that's personal preference, probably because my 555 seems to prefer a lower vaping temperature than my other flavors, I don't know why, but it makes it difficult to adjust the for the 555 on a 1.8 ohm coil.

You don't really have to change your setup if you are happy with it. I have been vaping 3.7 volts for over 4 years and I just recently switched to 2.8 ohms from 3.0.. I also have been vaping Dekang liquids mostly the whole time. Once you find a rig that works for you just enjoy it. I don't think most people give their equipment a fair shake before switching off. I have been able to get a decent vape off of everything from Joye 302/DSE 801,DSE 901,Joye 306 Joye 510 ,Janty Kiss ,several of the rippoff disposables and finally settled on a Viv Nova 2.0 on a cheap box mod . I don;t spend very much,vape a lot and enjoy every minute of it.

Edited by mcquinn

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines