What atomizer would you reccomend for a first time dripper using an ego c twist?

W3rnd

I am currently using a kanger mini on my ego c twist to vape boba's bounty and gorilla juice. However, I have heard people's mad raves about dripping and would like to give it a try. I am new to this though and am looking for recommendations as to what brand/type of atomizer I should get that would be the easiest to use. Thanks

This is the one that Tam usually recommends that first timers start out at, and practice in, before moving up the ladder. These are the ones I currently use.....and am waiting on my next shipment of them, which should have been here two days ago.

http://vapelite.info/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=62&zenid=g4nu874smpeq5gusitt2o0emg7

Now, Tam has something like Custom HH .357 something(?) I think, which is custom built on order, and she can send it back to be cleaned or rebuilt if needed, or replaced, but it is not rebuildable at home. There are some good, not disposable, but not rebuildable dripping attys out there, from what I understand.

Then you have your RDAs - the rebuildable ones. iMedic has put together a HUGE list of just about everything rebuildable in this thread - dripping attys, regular attys, tanks, etc.

I wouldn't recommend you start out any more complicated than the first link I gave. And go through the thread in the member tutorials about dripping. Heck, Tameki has a couple threads on dripping as well. Both Tam and iMedic spend the majority of their vaping dripping rather than using tanks, so they have the knowledge.

Hi! :wave:

The link that Spydre gave you is an atomizer that I recommend to new drippers. There are many different styles, types, lengths, ohms, etc. Only you will be able to say which one works best for you. It's mostly trial and error. Kitsune, who helped me immensely when I first started dripping, loves the 306 style of atomizer. These days I'm strictly a Custom HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid in a 510 style at 2.0 ohm but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is new to it. There's a learning curve on these even with experienced drippers and, at $24.99 each, it's an expensive way to figure out if dripping is for you or not. Some people feel like it's too high maintenance and a pain to drip. Others only use it to taste new juices while others, like me, drip exclusively except when we're out and about and can't drip. Friends don't let friends drip and drive... :D

Thanks for the quick responses. I was sitting here with a gift card and just ended up ordering the KGO LR atomizers from hoosier ecig supply. Partly because I live in IN so I knew shipping would be quick, and partly because I hear that everyone should experience dripping from the bottom up. (example: I've been told starting with a rebuildable prob isn't a good idea.) My question is, should I have gone with the SR? I have the 1000 mah ego c twist.

If you have the twist why not just get a protank or the davide ? Im not that familiar with drippers to be honest apart from the vision eternity that will fit a twist.

You can also use that as a tank atty if you feel like it.

I already have a mini protank II I just don't like the constant cleaning and rethreading. Plus, the atomizer's seem inconsitant as all get out and work great for a day or two, but than flood excessively. Another question. I am going to need to debridge this at some point to truly "direct drip" right? Should I just wait until the flavor from the wick diminishes until I attempt to debridge? (I ordered 3 of them)

Edited by W3rnd

Make sure you're getting genuine Kanger atomizers coils because the knock offs are notorious for being problematic and not working well and/or leaking.

If you buy the bridged direct drip atomizers you can debridge them once they don't work as well to give them a little more time. You can also buy the atomizers already debridged (bridgeless). Both bridged and debridged atomizers to "truly" direct drip.

Bridged atomizer: http://www.theveteranvaper.com/joye-lr-510-atomizer-matte-black/

Bridgeless atomizer: http://www.discountvapers.com/atomizers/

Both are very good, it just depends on what you like better.

Just got them in the mail. Said screw it and rushed ahead and debridged. Easier than I thought it would be. Than I dripped dripped dripped and wow! pretty good taste for 4.99$. Reminds me of the very first hit off a new protank II. A little resistence, but what could I expect when the bowl below the atomizer was full of juice. Feeling the resistence/friction, I turned up my ego c twist and BAM the vape came in thick and tasty. Just hope I don't blow atomizer after atomizer from having my voltage cranked up.

Edited by W3rnd

Atomizers come with primer inside, it's fine but might mute the flavor a bit until you vape the primer out of the wick. Periodically try turning the voltage down, you might still get the taste and vapor with less voltage once the primer is gone. Might give you longer lasting atomizers that way. :)

Thanks for the advice I will definitely try that out. Side note: after about three times dripping I noticed that condensation has been building up in between the top piece and the atty.

I don't understand what you're talking about when you say the "top piece"? Do you mean the drip tip? If so, that's normal and nothing to pay any attention to. If you're talking about something else would you take a picture of the piece you're talking about and post it?

A CE5 is not an atomizer you use to direct drip, it would be more in the category of clearomizer because it has a clear tank.

weird, my tanks are not clear. they sent me all dark grey ones.

so what type is what?

I have one style you unscrew the coils from the bottom to fill.

and my ego which use the coils and wick on top of a airshaft.

weird, my tanks are not clear. they sent me all dark grey ones.

so what type is what?

I have one style you unscrew the coils from the bottom to fill.

and my ego which use the coils and wick on top of a airshaft.

"Clear" is relative. They can also come in different colors but you can see inside to gauge how much juice is in there. Clearomizers can be top or bottom coil. The type of atomizers used for direct dripping are different from clearomizers.