Batteries and charger

Hey every one I have some questions about batteries and chargers. I'm hoping of getting a mech mod and RBA this weekend. So I'm eating to know what are some good batteries and charger? So far this is what I found.

Batteries

Sony 18650 VTC4 2000mah 30a

Samsung 19650 ICR 2600mah

Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah

Chargers

Efest LUC v4 smart LCD

Efest LUC smart LCD

These are some of the ones I found so far. Is it ok to go with the batteries and chargers the vape shop has for now? Till I'm able to get better? I would like y'all's input on this.

I personal prefer AW IMR batteries, but that's my personal preference, the Efest chargers should be fine. As far as the SIZES of the batteries, is there even a mech mod out there that will take a battery bigger than 18650 (or is the 19650 a typo?)?

Thanks for the info guys and gals. I'm wanting to get good batteries that will last me all day. I believe the new vape shop has efest batteries. Do I need them protected/ un protected?. You would need to use a kick with unprotected right.i was leaning towards the Sonys for sub ohming if I ever did it.

I got the Sony 30A 18650 and mnke IMR 20A 18650 battery. Couldn't tell you which I prefer since I'm only running 1.58ohms on my kayfun lite+

I really like the charger I have. It's the xtar vp1 and it has real-time digital readouts so I see what my current voltage is for the batteries and it's intelligent charger.

Can also choose how fast or slow you want to charge the batteries by selecting the charging current (Amps): 0.25, 0.50, or the fastest charge time at 1.00A. I haven't really timed it but I can charge a 18650 battery in about 1.5-2hrs or so

xtar VP1

• VP1 charger is a professional lithium ion battery charger which has three optional charging current.
  • It can also display battery voltage(when batteries voltage≥1.5V) and corresponding power.
  • You can charge two rechargeable 10440/16340/14500/14650/17670/18500/18650/18700(3.6V or 3.7V)lithium ion battery independendently.
  • With the function of charging in three-gradation and 0V battery activation; VP1 use soft start function to avoid the damage of battery's instant large current.
  • VP1 has a built-in over discharged cell activation function which can activate the over discharge battery,thus it can make repairing and charging synchronously.
Edited by sparc

I got the Sony 30A 18650 and mnke IMR 20A 18650 battery.  Couldn't tell you which I prefer since I'm only running 1.58ohms on my kayfun lite+

I really like the charger I have. It's the xtar vp1 and it has real-time digital readouts so I see what my current voltage is for the batteries and it's intelligent charger.

Can also choose how fast or slow you want to charge the batteries by selecting the charging current (Amps): 0.25, 0.50, or the fastest charge time at 1.00A. I haven't really timed it but I can charge a 18650 battery in about 1.5-2hrs or so

xtar VP1

• VP1 charger is a professional lithium ion battery charger which has three optional charging current.
  • It can also display battery voltage(when batteries voltage≥1.5V) and corresponding power.
  • You can charge two rechargeable 10440/16340/14500/14650/17670/18500/18650/18700(3.6V or 3.7V)lithium ion battery independendently.
  • With the function of charging in three-gradation and 0V battery activation; VP1 use soft start function to avoid the damage of battery's instant large current.
  • VP1 has a built-in over discharged cell activation function which can activate the over discharge battery,thus it can make repairing and charging synchronously.

Do you have a link for that charger?

I just ordered a Nitecore I4 Intellicharger from a vendor on ebay, before anyone screams "Ebay?!!!!!" The seller is rated 100% with 0 neutral or negative feedback in a year and has sold 8066 items to date. I think im safe. Phil Busardo swears by this charger. And i know Nick and Amber own a couple as well. And its new in the box.

Edited by VaporDragon77

I have another question for y'all. The new vape shop by me only has the ultra fire 18650s. My question is this whats the lowest ohms can you go to with these with being safe?

You will need to know the discharge current(in Amps) and voltage of the battery to determine the lowest ohm you can go.

for example using a battery that is 4.2V with a discharge current at 10A and calculating with ohms law, 4.2v /10A=0.42 ohms. That is the lowest coil you can build but IMO it's not safe because you are at maximum discharge current of 10A. If it was me I would build a 0.7ohm coil which puts the discharge current at 6A which is much safer.

Even if the 18650 battery is rated at 3.7V but when fully freshly charge they are 4.2V. To be on the safe side use 4.2V in your calculations.

Edited by sparc

I just ordered a Nitecore I4 Intellicharger from a vendor on ebay, before anyone screams "Ebay?!!!!!" The seller is rated 100% with 0 neutral or negative feedback in a year and has sold 8066 items to date. I think im safe. Phil Busardo swears by this charger. And i know Nick and Amber own a couple as well. And its new in the box.

The Nitecore i4 Charger is awesome! It's the one I have. Charges quickly, too.