VTR opinions?

I purchased an iTaste VTR and have been vaping on it for a few weeks, now. I am absolutely in love with this thing! It's a great piece to have while sitting at my desk. Quite a few people have made comments on the weight and size of it, but I don't mind it at all! I was also impressed with the iClear 30s.

However, I am not exactly an "experienced vaper" so I wanted to get other opinions on these items.

What do ya think?

I have had my VTR for over a month and is my go to device, all others gathering dust. Like the way it fits in my hand, and back pocket. Tank is well protected and really like a davide mini on the extension. Like the way I can use my hand on the bottom of the tank as an airflow controller. Like the ease of use with big buttons and large led readout. Like the battery hatch cover for fast changes. Got used to the weight...and in a pinch it could be used to whack someone upside the head!! Dislike the fingerprint magnet factor, and like the vape from the IC30s, but after three coil changes still leaks via bottom of the coil several drops a day, just sitting in the rack not even used, and a mess to change the coil, and them coils aren't cheap, or very user friendly ie can't rebuild..

I have had my VTR for over a month and is my go to device, all others gathering dust. Like the way it fits in my hand, and back pocket. Tank is well protected and really like a davide mini on the extension. Like the way I can use my hand on the bottom of the tank as an airflow controller. Like the ease of use with big buttons and large led readout. Like the battery hatch cover for fast changes. Got used to the weight...and in a pinch it could be used to whack someone upside the head!! Dislike the fingerprint magnet factor, and like the vape from the IC30s, but after three coil changes still leaks via bottom of the coil several drops a day, just sitting in the rack not even used, and a mess to change the coil, and them coils aren't cheap, or very user friendly ie can't rebuild..

Hmmm, my SO was using my iClear 30, and he said it started flooding out of the blue. I assumed it was a bad coil, so when I was "gifted" with it, I just pitched the coil.

I was SERIOUSLY considering getting the VTR when I replaced my MVP, but I didn't have the money in the budget at the time, even if I got it from the cheapest place I found it, which was only $20 over what my budget was.

Now, I HAVE changed - well, not changed, but "removed" the coil from the iClear 30 that I got with my current MVP and cleaned it, and such, but I cheated. I emptied the juice out of the tank, and then put water in the tank to let the wicks soak for a day - that was when my hand was still bandaged. But I agree, the coils are way more expensive than we are used to - I think twice as much as single Kanger coils? And no, I can't imagine trying to rebuild that coil. I think the monster wicks would be the easiest part. But all in all, I'm not fond of top coil units.

That's weird, Troy! I picked up another IC30s and a couple of replacement coils and not one has leaked at all!

Yeah, I can't figure it out, it will sit on my desk and drip 5-6 droplets a day, without even touching it! I'm not a fan of plastic tanks anyway, so will end up giving it to someone..maybe cuz I vape 50/50... Who knows.....

I got my VTR a few weeks after Troy did and I love it! Don't care for the IC30s at all, though. Mine doesn't hit worth a damn! Replaced it with a KPT2 and it's a winner. :)

And I like that I can use this heavy thing as a weapon to beat on Troy should he misbehave... :lol:

Just to note, from everything I've read, the green or army or camo colored one that they have (I can't remember what it is now) is NOT the fingerprint magnet the chrome finish (or is it stainless?) is.

And Tam, you know, now I think I might start saving up for that after all, instead of saving up for something else (course, by the time I have the money saved, something newer and more exciting will be out). I can one of the three males in this house upside the head with it if I need to! Or my Dad!

Edited by spydre

Just to note, from everything I've read, the green or army or camo colored one that they have (I can't remember what it is now) is NOT the fingerprint magnet the chrome finish (or is it stainless?) is.

The chrome is indeed a fingerprint magnet but the dull Army green/camo colored one just wasn't for me. I wish they had one in a muted blue, that would've been much better and left off with the fingerprints. :)

The chrome is indeed a fingerprint magnet but the dull Army green/camo colored one just wasn't for me. I wish they had one in a muted blue, that would've been much better and left off with the fingerprints. :)

Yeah, I'm not a fan with of the Olive Drab myself, either. The different colors worked so well for the MPVs, I'm surprised they didn't just do that.

BTW, I edited my post that you responded to, adding in about knocking someone upside the head with it.

Yeah, I'm not a fan with of the Olive Drab myself, either. The different colors worked so well for the MPVs, I'm surprised they didn't just do that.

BTW, I edited my post that you responded to, adding in about knocking someone upside the head with it.

The VTR performs the way I hoped the Evic would but didn't. It's just amazing and definitely worth the money spent. My much more expensive Evic is collecting dust because it just doesn't work not even half as well. Besides, the Evic is too fragile while the VTR can become a formidable weapon. :D

Edited by Tameiki

The VTR performs the way I hope the Evic would but didn't. It's just amazing and definitely worth the money spent. My much more expensive Evic is collecting dust because it just doesn't work not even half as well. Besides, the Evic is too fragile while the VTR can become a formidable weapon. :D

Durability is something they should definitely provide information on when they sell APV's. Not sure I would have steered away from the Evic if Troy hadn't warned about the plastic heads cracking.

Durability is something they should definitely provide information on when they sell APV's. Not sure I would have steered away from the Evic if Troy hadn't warned about the plastic heads cracking.

When I bought my stainless steel Evic I also purchased the matte black metal replacement body so the head cracking wasn't a problem for me. Durability isn't an issue there. My issue with the Evic is just the wimpy performance it gives no matter what voltage/wattage combination I use. On the VTR I can set it at the same v/w and it rocks. The Evic just wimpers. :)

When I bought my stainless steel Evic I also purchased the matte black metal replacement body so the head cracking wasn't a problem for me. Durability isn't an issue there. My issue with the Evic is just the wimpy performance it gives no matter what voltage/wattage combination I use. On the VTR I can set it at the same v/w and it rocks. The Evic just wimpers. :)

Yeah, when I asked about the Evic, I believe you told me you were less than impressed with yours, and basically spent all your time on your K100 as a result (this was obviously before the VTR). How does it compare to how you have your K100 set up?

Yeah, when I asked about the Evic, I believe you told me you were less than impressed with yours, and basically spent all your time on your K100 as a result (this was obviously before the VTR). How does it compare to how you have your K100 set up?

The K100 is a mechanical mod so it's fixed voltage, just put on the KPT2 and vape. As long as the battery has a charge -- it just works. The VTR has variable voltage and variable wattage so comparison is like trying to compare apples and filet mignon. :)

Yeah, I have another thread up asking what happens when you kick a mech mod.....does it stop being able to do stuff you want it to do? But at 3.7 volts, I mean, so it's just like a longer lasting eGo? I thought people set their mech mods up for specific things? I don't get much out of the other half about mech mods.

Yeah, I have another thread up asking what happens when you kick a mech mod.....does it stop being able to do stuff you want it to do? But at 3.7 volts, I mean, so it's just like a longer lasting eGo? I thought people set their mech mods up for specific things? I don't get much out of the other half about mech mods.

Sorry, I don't know enough about the inner workings of a mech mod. In using my K100 and my regulated eGo T passthrough (a fixed 3.7 volts), the K100 seems to perform better and gives more of a stronger performance for some reason. At first I thought it was just my imagination but it's not. I wonder of the battery might have something to do with it?

Sorry, I don't know enough about the inner workings of a mech mod. In using my K100 and my regulated eGo T passthrough (a fixed 3.7 volts), the K100 seems to perform better and gives more of a stronger performance for some reason. At first I thought it was just my imagination but it's not. I wonder of the battery might have something to do with it?

I would imagine it does.

Glad to hear others like the VTR! The guy I purchased mine from at my local vape shop was quick to recommend other products for purchase in place of the iTaste. But those guys are all ProVari addicts. :P I do NOT have the money for a ProVari and I'm really glad I chose to stick with the VTR. I really have no complaints with the device itself. The fingerprints bothered me more when I first bought it, but now they hardly faze me. I just give it a quick wipe with my shirt every so often.

My next question is, how is the K100-101? I'm considering it for my next purchase. But I am not quite sure! I want to get it for custom coil builds. I already have the right batteries. I just need to purchase an RDA/RBA and a device (along with the build materials, of course!).

My next question is, how is the K100-101? I'm considering it for my next purchase. But I am not quite sure! I want to get it for custom coil builds. I already have the right batteries. I just need to purchase an RDA/RBA and a device (along with the build materials, of course!).

I love my K100! When I went to my first vape meet I won it as a door prize so the price was right. :)