Kanthal substitute

VaporDragon77

While playing with electricity of this nature please don't be around anyone else, especially kids. If you wish to melt your face off by doing dangerous things without using the proper equipment feel free. Just don't place anyone else in danger with your shenanigans.

Just so you know Proteus... my "shenanigans" as you call my creative streak paid off. Works like a champ. Doesnt last as long as Kanthal but hey i can get a slew of em from boxes of trash bags and they last a day or so. So WIN/WIN. and for your information i have a fluke meter and years of electrical experiance so i know what im doing for the most part. Who are you to criticize me for Edison and Franklinesque inventiveness?

Thanx Troy i appreciate your helpfullness in suggesting there may be lead. Ive checked with a magnet. It is a ferrous material the possible lead content worries me though. I hadnt thought of that one. Ill jusy stick with the Kanthal then. Lmao I have been referred to as being the most foolish genius by my Dad. Here, my excitement gets the better of me.

• 2 weeks later...