Holy Boba Markup, Batman!

spydre

Okay, so ONE B&M in my area is selling Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice out of their store. They only carry one size (12 ml), and they put the same price on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR JUICES, no matter what the manufacturer, to bring them in line with their most expensive juices from Vapor Beast.

Twelve ml from Alien Visions, regular price is $6.97. Twelve ml Boba's from Cloud 9? $13! I called them just to see what their price was, because if I were to go in, taste it, and buy it as a treat, I might as well buy it from them, right? At least that first bottle? Holy smokes!

From a car dealership perspective, that's why we like people without computers lol. Also why I do not bother with B&M stores. An online market will cause products to be priced what the market can bear and a B&M market will do the same. Now imagine there are thousands of Vape Shops all inside one shopping complex. Would the pricing be the same?

If people could just order their cars online and have them delivered to their home for 50% of the price, they would largely do so even with the risk of not knowing how it works, drives, or feels because we are becoming increasingly a value oriented society that no longer sees the value of personal service. I am as guilty as the next person, but in reality, its just an evolution of an economy.

Edited by bcartervol98

From a car dealership perspective, that's why we like people without computers lol. Also why I do not bother with B&M stores. An online market will cause products to be priced what the market can bear and a B&M market will do the same. Now imagine there are thousands of Vape Shops all inside one shopping complex. Would the pricing be the same?

If people could just order their cars online and have them delivered to their home for 50% of the price, they would largely do so even with the risk of not knowing how it works, drives, or feels because we are becoming increasingly a value oriented society that no longer sees the value of personal service. I am as guilty as the next person, but in reality, its just an evolution of an economy.

Gah, would never do that. Have to know what it feels like to sit in the seats, to sit behind the wheel (is it placed comfortably), check the paint (one dealership was trying to sell us a car "as new" - it was nearly new, but there were swirls in the paint, like the last time someone buffed it they got carried away).

The fact of the matter is, if there is a "national" brand, ie, an online brand that a store here carries, I'd like to at least get my first taste, and then make my first purchase at that store. I think with the Kick Ash Tobacco I bought from them, I bought my first two bottles from them, and ordered the rest, because I got 30 ml rather than 15 ml bottles.

I guess I'm just kind of shocked because every other B&M I've been in, depending on the vendor prices, that determines what they charge for each brand of juice in the store. I mean, if they charged the same price for their regular juice as their premium juices, like Cloud 9 does, I would be irked. That's like paying Cadillac prices for little hatchback. Well, okay, I'm not saying Boba's is a little hatchback. But, when you compare bottle sizes - you pay $13 for all other flavors (even non premium flavors), for 15 ml. Boba's, same price, $12 ml, and almost double what you can get it online for when it's not on sale. You can get 18 ml cheaper than that online.

Spy, I don't get it, just go online and buy it, why worry it out? Let the little b&m makes his 1.00 cuz he's trying to bring boutique type juices in. CuZ he's trying to make folks happy. In Denver a make yer own juice stores sells 4-5$ a 10ml... Third party juice AEMSA certified goes 8.99/10ml to make that work is hard... The difference is unparalleled customer service, and a place to go when you can't figure it out, or it leaks, or you can't figure why it don't charge ...or I just can't figure out why it doesn't taste good... Give the guy a break, it's there when you want it, and not paying for shipping. Comparing Brick and Mortars to buying from the source is unfair. Should feel lucky you know the difference, but NOT fair to ***** about it

Yeah! I buy half my juice at the local B&Ms. I love that option. I don't mind paying a bit more. I get to try out so much stuff. And, honestly, the B&Ms are catching on. They arent nearly as out of line as they were 6 months ago.

....but I don't think I could buy a car online, lol. That's just scary.

....but I don't think I could buy a car online, lol. That's just scary.

Even at 50% savings and still have the ability to go to a retail establishment and drive, look, and check it out before ordering it? Like going to a B&M to try something then ordering it online? I think more would do it than you think. That's why B&Ms with limited or no online presence are actively lobbying for a ban of online sales in many cases.

Even at 50% savings and still have the ability to go to a retail establishment and drive, look, and check it out before ordering it? Like going to a B&M to try something then ordering it online? I think more would do it than you think. That's why B&Ms with limited or no online presence are actively lobbying for a ban of online sales in many cases.

Yeah, that's not so bad. Are you predicting a trend here (with cars) ?

Spy, I don't get it, just go online and buy it, why worry it out? Let the little b&m makes his 1.00 cuz he's trying to bring boutique type juices in. CuZ he's trying to make folks happy. In Denver a make yer own juice stores sells 4-5$ a 10ml... Third party juice AEMSA certified goes 8.99/10ml to make that work is hard... The difference is unparalleled customer service, and a place to go when you can't figure it out, or it leaks, or you can't figure why it don't charge ...or I just can't figure out why it doesn't taste good... Give the guy a break, it's there when you want it, and not paying for shipping. Comparing Brick and Mortars to buying from the source is unfair. Should feel lucky you know the difference, but NOT fair to ***** about it

Actually, I guess my only bi*(& about it, is she's not following the practice of other B&M's, and pricing according to what she's charged per brand of juice. Truthfully, I don't know which way I'll go. I can't remember if I liked it, and I can't remember what it tasted like (someone could fill me in on this as the alien description didn't give me much to go on). I THINK I liked it. And if I go in there to try it, I darned well better buy the little 12 ml bottle from her.

Well, and the other stores in the area, like I said, I guess have spoiled me. They have pricing tiers, depending on the brand of juice you buy (well, three of them do - no, make that 2, one only sells their own brand, and I don't know about the 4th other one because I just found out about it today, never set foot in there yet, I don't even know how long they've been open except it was before Thanksgiving).

Yeah, that's not so bad. Are you predicting a trend here (with cars) ?

Isn't that "true car" thing enough - don't you essentially pick out a car and it tells the dealership what it can charge you?

Most B&Ms have one price point for all juices, no matter what the margin, until they really go boutique and have several lines. Then they spend a lot of energy with different price points keeping it all straight. It's just easier with one price for all...

Actually, I guess my only bi*(& about it, is she's not following the practice of other B&M's, and pricing according to what she's charged per brand of juice. Truthfully, I don't know which way I'll go. I can't remember if I liked it, and I can't remember what it tasted like (someone could fill me in on this as the alien description didn't give me much to go on). I THINK I liked it. And if I go in there to try it, I darned well better buy the little 12 ml bottle from her.

Well, and the other stores in the area, like I said, I guess have spoiled me. They have pricing tiers, depending on the brand of juice you buy (well, three of them do - no, make that 2, one only sells their own brand, and I don't know about the 4th other one because I just found out about it today, never set foot in there yet, I don't even know how long they've been open except it was before Thanksgiving).

Isn't that "true car" thing enough - don't you essentially pick out a car and it tells the dealership what it can charge you?

No all that is is a lead generator. There is no one that can "tell" a dealership what they can charge unless you are a retired or current GM Employee or Supplier. All the rest we set the price and just try to be the lowest in our market. Usually all the dealers in any market have a silent agreement as to how low we will sell certain models.

My only comment regarding AV juice is to be careful because GJ and BB are 100% vg. They do not wick very well in bcc's without removing one of the flavor wicks out of the coil.

Edited by Proetus

Without removing a flavor wick you can get one maybe two medium size vapes before a dry hit. Pulling out a flavor wick is simple, pop the stem, use a pair of tweezers to remove one of the small wicks. Reposition the other to the middle of the coil. I have found with anything over a 50/50 blend this is more the usual for me. One of the reasons I don't use my kpt's /minis to often anymore. I tire of fidgeting with them.