Been smoking for 50 years

tea2085

Use the "spyglass" icon on the far right at top of page...

And welcome to the forum!

Also recommend the "pinned" entries on each sub forum as a good place to start.

Edited by Bebop12

Look for a starter kit first see if you like it, most come with a bottle of liquid either tobacco or menthol flavour to get you going. Depending how many you smoked a day the nic level will vary.

I was on 15+ plus a day and a nic level of 18 was fine but everyone is different.

If you get on alright with the starter then move up to better tanks and batteries.

Google is your friend http://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&source=hp&ei=cGu4UuKhHYvnywPF9ID4Bw&q=ce4+starter+kit+&oq=ce4+starter+kit+&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3..0l3j0i22i30l2.3990.11155.0.14596.17.17.0.8.8.0.322.2307.11j2j3j1.17.0....0...1c.1.32.mobile-gws-hp..0.17.1506.VkuFu8xSCc0

Look for a starter kit with e liquid as its useless without it. Make sure it has nicotine in it as a lot of shisha kits don't.

Hopefully it helps you out.

Welcome aboard, Paul ..... from a 50+ year smoker, too. No need to start with anything fancy. You can always upgrade your equipment as you progress. I started with a simple eGo setup with a CE4 tank which worked quite well for me to leave the stinkies behind. Since then I've gotten a larger capacity battery and an EVOD tank and that's where I've stayed for over 8 months. For my purposes, I didn't see the need to get fancy. The setup I'm using is pretty inexpencive, yet effective for me. My advice would be to start simple, learn your flavor preferences, your PC/VG mix preferences and go from there once you've gotten a pretty good handle on vaping. Vaping isn't rocket science, but you do need to get tuned into your personal preferrences before dropping a lot of dollars on equipment. Anything you want to know, just ask. There's plenty of friendly, experienced and knowledgeable people here willing to help.

Just my opinion .....

Oh yeah - forgot ....... I highly reccommend starting with 2 batt's (additional tanks optional but reccommended, too). It's a real b**** trying to leave the stinkies behind with a used-up batt. A second one with a fresh charge in your pocket sure comes in handy.

Edited by aufin

I always recommend direct dripping for beginners, especially long-time smokers, because of the strong throat hit and the flavor. Definitely err on the side of caution with your juice, meaning start with a high nicotine content. Once you're off the cigs, you can wean yourself down if you wish.

I bought a starter kit (eGo 1300mAh Variable Voltage EVOD and CE4 Kit II) after consulting with Brian at Veteran Vapor. He is very helpful and has answered all my extremely naive questions very patiently. I will continue to buy what I can from this seller. the kit seems to work very well except the juice seemed to make me cough. Brian reccomended a higher VG juice and that seemed to solve the problem.Thank you all for your help, as well- Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard. No matter how you do in the beginning, I promise it will get better. Patience and trial and error are your friends. Ask, ask and ask. We are all in this together and here to help. Good luck on your journey.