Christmas Birthday present

Vispera

Ok I have posted a few times about why a mech with a rebuildables over an APV. Here it is:

With a rebuildable atomizer you unlock a territory that is not available to you otherwise. If you want a specific ohm or a specific coil you have the freedom to do that. The mechanical in and of itself allows the rebuildable to reach it's full potential. An APV however will restrict what you can and can't do on a rebuildable. It won't fire below 1.3 ohms on most (some will go to a .6 but it's not recommended as it can still harm the circuitry) and therefore your ability to run dual coils and tri coils and quad coils is vastly limited due to the nature of the builds. If your looking to get a bigger cloud out of your vape you want to go with a mechanical because it won't restrict your ability to run stacked dual microcoils that meter out to a .6 and give you an awesome cloud chasing vape. Granted you could build a 1.5 ohm coil and up the voltage or wattage (preferance) and essentially achieve the same idea but it's really not the same vape. It turns the warm vape into a cooler vape and changes the aesthetics of the vapor production.

Ok I have posted a few times about why a mech with a rebuildables over an APV. Here it is:

With a rebuildable atomizer you unlock a territory that is not available to you otherwise. If you want a specific ohm or a specific coil you have the freedom to do that. The mechanical in and of itself allows the rebuildable to reach it's full potential. An APV however will restrict what you can and can't do on a rebuildable. It won't fire below 1.3 ohms on most (some will go to a .6 but it's not recommended as it can still harm the circuitry) and therefore your ability to run dual coils and tri coils and quad coils is vastly limited due to the nature of the builds. If your looking to get a bigger cloud out of your vape you want to go with a mechanical because it won't restrict your ability to run stacked dual microcoils that meter out to a .6 and give you an awesome cloud chasing vape. Granted you could build a 1.5 ohm coil and up the voltage or wattage (preferance) and essentially achieve the same idea but it's really not the same vape. It turns the warm vape into a cooler vape and changes the aesthetics of the vapor production.

But, for those that don't want to go sub ohm, is there an advantage of a mech over an APV?

I'm an RBA fan, make my own coils, & I've always preferred higher resistance coils with VV for tuning.

With that said, on mech mods I prefer lower resistance coils. The coils take too long to heat up, if higher resistance.

With that said, I also often use a KICK in the mech mod, to regulate the power and to help avoid any short problems.

I have both, because the mech mod has zero wires, zero electronics to wear out. I am prepared with a great vape, even if my fancy Provari should ever need to be sent in for repairs or updates in the years ahead.

Everyone should own both, & that's my final answer. :)

But, for those that don't want to go sub ohm, is there an advantage of a mech over an APV?

You can KICK it. A kick is a removable fuse with an adjustable regulator chip for setting the power where you like. The original KICK goes up to 12 watts, while the new dna20 goes up to I think 20 watts. Most of us vape between 8-12 watts, I prefer 8-10. The original KICK fits most mech mods, (instead of using an 18650, use an 18500 with a kick, etc). Some mods even fit the DNA 20. You'll have to talk with the manufacturer.