iTazst VV with kangertech pro dual coil issues

so ive recently bought a kangertech pro dual coil, my vv is working fine as i know of. ever since ive acquired the pro tank ive had multiple issues with it flooding maybe, idk, thats why Im here. I feel like three times a day i need to take the tank off and leave the coil on and dry burn it as bad as that may be idk im clueless. but now im trying to vape and when i hit the fire button it lasts for about three seconds before blinking about 6 times and stopping my vapeage. when i first got the pro tank a week or so ago it was vaping enormous amounts, but ever since this occurence with the " three second draws" im geting as much vape as i would from a more basic tank. please some one tell me why im such a scrub or what ive done wrong, cause i do not want to believe that the pro tank sucks.

Pro Tanks are usually good. The coils that come in them? Usually not so much. It might just be the coil itself that needs to be changed to stop the leaking.

What kind of variable voltage battery are you using? Before trying to troubleshoot that, a little more info is needed. :)

Thanks for the congrats. It's been a wild ride so far. :)

It's not a variable voltage battery? No brand name on it? Could you take a pic of it? That might help a bit as there are so many different kinds of batteries...

As for the coils going out that quickly, it's not uncommon to get bad coils inside the tanks. Nearly all of the coils that came in my Anyvape Davide mini are junk. I just take them and throw them out, put new coils in before filling the first time. Same with my Pro Tank 2s and 3s. The initial coils in these things are notorious for being less than quality build.

i dont feel like going through the trouble of taking a pic and stuff cause im drunk but its an itazste vv, approc 3-5 inches rectangular in shape with a hud display and a +&- button. and what do you suggest coil wise, cause the pro tank came with 2 coils in the box. i didnt know i could buy better coils to fit it

Use only genuine Kangor Pro Tank coils. There are a lot of knock offs out there and those cause all kinds of problems. The extra coils that came with your Pro Tank should be okay to use. I'd also be getting more replacement coils so you don't have to do without when the last one goes.

As for your iTaste I only just got my VTR today so I can't give you any advice. Someone on this forum who has more knowledge of these will be along to give you some information. The members on here are pretty great. :)

Tam, from the post title, he's using the little Innokin iTaste VV, um, I think it's 3? It runs about $40. Yeah, 3.0. Here's a link to a review: http://www.vapesquad.com/review-innokin-itaste-vv-3-0/

Truthfully, after seeing that review (they rated it higher than the MVP 2.0), but it's only about 800 mah. Considering I vape 2.5 ohms at 8 or so watts, 800 mah won't last me spit. Here's another link. http://www.innokin.com/itaste-vv-v3.0.html

OP, you may be hitting the designated cut off. With Innokin/iTaste products, it cuts off (and flashes) at 10 seconds, but sometimes you might get cut off early. If it's blinking, it's the cut off.

I don't think it's your tank, OP. Someone should page Troy. He said the shop he works with is gonna stop carrying the devices because so many of them have ended up being returned due to one problem or another. Paging Doctor Aquatroy????? Gah, I wish we could "tag" people like you can on Facebook, lol.

How long have you had the 3.0, and does it do this with other tanks, is the question? And to repeat what Doctor Tam said, get a genuine pack of replacement Kanger coils, replace the coil, and see if that helps.

Also, MY final thought, but by Tam and Troy standards, I'm still a newb, just switched in July, if you actually ARE cleaning/dry burning it daily, you could be stressing out your coil and actually shortening it's life.

Also, if you are using the 3.0 on passthrough - using it as it charges, it will actually SHORTEN the life span of the battery (built in battery right?), requiring replacement faster.

Also, and I hate to be asking these questions when you're wasted but you can answer tomorrow - what resistance coils are you using, and what voltage are you running?

OFF TOPIC QUESTION: What color did you go for?

Troy is here very little sleep, Protank 3 coils suck, unless your blowing 9-10 watts and then they perform well, but build problems with the coils have rendered them useless. I'm using std. Kanger coils in mine for now. Dry burning that often is going to kill that coil

The little vv square itazte are having return issues, we won't even stock them,

Try a std head and see how that works for you..

Troy is here very little sleep, Protank 3 coils suck, unless your blowing 9-10 watts and then they perform well, but build problems with the coils have rendered them useless. I'm using std. Kanger coils in mine for now. Dry burning that often is going to kill that coil

Try a std head and see how that works for you..

Yep. :yes: I'm also having issues with the KPT3 coils. Currently using a 2.0 ohm and having to push my VTR up to 4.0 volts at 12 watts to get any joy. Still not up to the performance I'm used to with the single coil on my K100. *sighs*

Feh. I would hope they scrapped the original design of the dual coils and started from scratch. Do you know where to get these "new and improved" dual coils Are they selling them separately or are they just putting them into the package with the KPT3?

Are all dual coils this bad, or is it just KPT 3? I have reason for asking, which I'll post in a little bit.

But Tam, 4 volts isn't that high....although I agree 12 watts is pretty high. Heck, my MVP won't go that high, it tops out at 11.

And I apologize, in the five times I originally read the OP, I STILL did not pick up on the dual coil part of the post. :wallbash:

Are all dual coils this bad, or is it just KPT 3? I have reason for asking, which I'll post in a little bit.

But Tam, 4 volts isn't that high....although I agree 12 watts is pretty high. Heck, my MVP won't go that high, it tops out at 11.

And I apologize, in the five times I originally read the OP, I STILL did not pick up on the dual coil part of the post. :wallbash:

Even at 5 volts the vapor is wimpy on my dual coil iClear 30s and Evic. That's two new tanks that have performed less than the single coils I have: the iClear 30s and the KPT3. For the price difference I think I'll stick with the single coils that actually perform for me.

Even at 5 volts the vapor is wimpy on my dual coil iClear 30s and Evic. That's two new tanks that have performed less than the single coils I have: the iClear 30s and the KPT3. For the price difference I think I'll stick with the single coils that actually perform for me.

K, so I'll be handing it off to hubby again, then. I'm sure he can find some use for it.

Discount vapers is claiming they have the new dual coils and some reviews say they are better that the ones in the box

The coils that come with the unit, any unit, are sub par imo. Not sure if they are the ones that QC (if they have QC) caught and are "scratch and dent" to use a furniture phrase. Whenever I buy a new tank the coils that came with it go into a box for hard times as I have yet to have one work properly but they would do if I ever found myself in a pinch.

Well IMO the ones that come with my evod and kpt 2 worked very well but not my kpt 3 they suck

I have had 12 T3Ss, 12 Davide Minis, and now 6 KPT2s and I have yet to have a coil that came with a unit that didn't leak and seek when sitting. As always, results may vary but that has been my experience. I have 0 interest in anything dual coil so I have no info on KPT3 as I will probably never own one.

Edited by bcartervol98