Would this Kamry K100 mod be better than my...

sparc

Better than my eGo battery + Protank Mini 2?

I've been vaping for a touch over 6 months now using eGo standard battery with KPT Mini 2. I recently started to read forums and such about vaping so all this is still new to me. My main thing is that I would like to be able to taste flavor more than I’m tasting now. I barely taste any flavors. I buy my juice from mom&pop tobacco shop and got some samples from EC Blends dragon series. Yes, I’m also chasing the vapor clouds a little.

I'm seriously thinking about getting the kamry k100 since it's priced really low. It got some good reviews. Not looking to turn this post into a clone vs original debate.

If I get the k100 and a ProTank 2 w/1.8ohms coils will I taste the flavors more vs my current setup? Planning to use 18650 MNKE IMR battery + xtar VP1 charger. I've read/heard somewhere that with this mod setup I might as well stick with what I use now because lowest ohms I can use is 1.8 w/KPT 2.

Or should I look into something like a variable voltage battery and forget about the mech.mod?

Your thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks

You might want to look into a Vision Spinner 1300 mAh variable voltage battery if you don't want to get into APVs at this point. I have many Spinners and I really like the option to dial it up or down for different flavors of juices. I also have an APV (Evic), that I'm very underwhelmed with its performance. My K100 with a KPT2 and 1.8 ohm coils knocks my socks off but only with certain juices. My main go-to battery right now is still my Vision Spinners.

Of course, this may change once my iTaste VTR gets here... :D

Oh hey! If you're set on a Kamry K100, you can get the entire kit with two batteries included at the Vapor Talk store for only $29.99

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/K100-eCig-Mod-p/k100-mod-black.htm

They also have other colors but I linked you to the black one. It's not really black but more like a charcoal gray. :)

Edited by Tameiki

101vapes.com has the package (K100) with batteries and the charger for like $33.00. I grabbed one about a month ago, and LOVE it! Upgrade the charger and batteries though.

I have used a KPT2 on it and really like it, but I am also able to put a Trident RBA on there with a dual coil (.70 Ω) and blow clouds (you need to know your battery safety information before you sub ohm!!!).

Thanks for the response all.

I'm researching the sub ohm. So far it seems that picking the right battery to be used is a very important part of sub ohm vaping. I'm going to my mom&pop shop and see which mech-mod the owner is vaping with and maybe be able to test some.

Good batteries for sub-ohm would be Orbtronic SX22 or Sony VTC4. Check out Illumination Supply for great deals on batteries, and use coupon code "ispower" to save a couple dollars.

Thanks for the response all.

I'm researching the sub ohm. So far it seems that picking the right battery to be used is a very important part of sub ohm vaping. I'm going to my mom&pop shop and see which mech-mod the owner is vaping with and maybe be able to test some.

So the shop owner is vaping with K100 + drip atty and I got to try his out. The juice he was using had good flavor but the inhale was a little hot for me. So I threw on my KPT mini 2, not bad. I walked out with a new K100 :D Now I'm in search of a drip atty that has large enough air holes so the vape isn't so hot.

Good batteries for sub-ohm would be Orbtronic SX22 or Sony VTC4. Check out Illumination Supply for great deals on batteries, and use coupon code "ispower" to save a couple dollars.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm in need of good batteries. I'm going to do more research before going sub ohm. Will mainly use cartos for the time being.

I placed an order for an ohm reader elsewhere because I know I will be wrapping my own coils once I find a drip atty to my liking.