Diluting Mg level?

I'm normally vaping around a 10-12mg dosage. However, a girl at a shop about two hours away gave me 24mg instead of 12. I didn't realize this until I got home to load it into a cartridge, and even then, I didn't really notice 'til I started puffing on it for a bit.

I'm feeling like crap, needless to say.

Is there a way to dilute the mg dosage without ruining the flavor? It's a fruity flavor, so maybe if I mix it with my 6mg tobacco dosage... that'll help lower and even it out? Should I just toss it? Or is this stuff salvageable?

I don't have any 0 nic stuff. :/

And I don't particularly feel like going out there again as I'm no longer in that town for quite some time.

Im a nube but i would say deff dont chuck it! Do t know how much u have of it but i would say experiment..if that 6 mg is the same flavor mixing 50/50 should give u a 15 mg nick level i beleave. Mabe even a 60/40 might bring it to what ure used to.mabe even a pg/vg 50/50 and some flavor shots?like i said im a nube so my advice might not b up to par but i wouldent wast it..good luke!! ;)

Don't guess at Nic levels when mixing!!!!!!

You can go to a drug store or Wally world and get some USP Glycerin and cut with that but it will cut the flavor. You need to let it steep for around 5 days for that flavor not to taste so muted. But, that will cut the flavor in half to get to 12mg and not be worth the trouble.

Is your 6 meg the same flavor or just a tobacco flavor? 2 parts 6mg to 1 part 24mg will give you 12mg

1 part 24mg to 1 part 6mg (50/50) will give you 15mg.

Edited by Compenstine

The 6mg is a Virginia tobacco flavor, but I am taken by how it blends with the fruitier flavors.

Maybe I'll do a batch of both? I have 30ml. So I could take 10 ml and put that with 20ml of the 6mg tobacco and let that all blend, and I can use the Glycerin and cut with that in a larger bottle.

And if I have the 20ml of the 24mg mixed with 20ml of Glycerin, that will cut it, right? And then just let that steep for a week? I can do that.

I'm glad there is an easy solution! *breaths* Thanks a lot!

I play with this all the time. I normally vape at 18mg but like to have something a little higher on hand in case of a rough day. I usually do this with Spearmint. I buy 50ml of 24mg and 50ml of 16mg and mix them in a 100ml bottle yielding 100ml of 20mg for the high stress moments or when I have to stealth vape and need a little to go a long way. With 16-18mg liquids I am fine under normal circumstances but even almost 8 months analog free sometimes its just not enough.

I completely understand that. I do like having 18mg (what I started out with) fluids on hand for traveling as I really can't vape a whole lot. But I vape at work, at the campus, at my house... so I'm vaping a lot and after a while it just doesn't sit right for me. But it's definitely a good idea to have those on hand for when stealth vaping is the only option. :)

24mg was enough to knock me back a little bit after vaping for a few moments. I think I made it worse because I was taking pretty deep inhales trying to get that flavor out over the TH.

I knew that there were basics for making DIY liquids, but I didn't know how fragile already mixed e-liquids would be to tweaking. :)

Good to know they can take it! I would've been quite bummed (or would've probably just traded it for something else with someone else).

When my preferred liquid vendor changed their formula it threw me for a loop until I added a similar flavor from another vendor and it made it better than the original. Now if I can figure out how to dilute the consistency (they stopped adding PG to their liquids and it is so thick it doesnt wick properly) without affecting the flavor I will be ecstatic. Maybe I order the flavor I mix into it on a 10-1 basis in 100%PG and that may be enough to thin it out enough so I do not have to prime the damn wick every time I want to take a second draw. When I let it sit for a few minutes the first draw is pure bliss, the second less flavor, and the third tastes like burned hair smells. It gets old having to take two or three non powered draws to prime the wick before engaging the power.

Edited by bcartervol98

Thanks everyone for the replies! Now that I know the right ratios, I can definitely experiment with these few liquids. I bought a DIY kit a few months back but never really got into it. I think it was just something I never really sat down and learned how to do. I might pick up on that this weekend as it'll help with figuring out how I want to distribute this fruity blend.

If I "blend" it's normally by mistake! Either I had a tank that wasn't fully drained and I just added a different flavor in it, or I didn't completely clean out the cartridge.

Around these times, it's awesome to have a forum like this with all of the resources. :)

Off Topic A Bit: What's going on with the quoting problem on the forums?

Fruit & tobacco mix great together. (Especially banana).

Diluting 24 with 6 will give you a decent mid range mg. a little less than 12, unless you use a little bit more of the 24 than the 6. There are online calculators for mixing eliquids.

http://ejuice.breaktru.com. Breakthrough visits the DIY forum often. Kristine is great at the calculations too. So is Mike and... Well, just about everyone is but me.

I blended several flavors early on. I found one of my flavors too harsh, so for a while, I blended it with another juice. Heck, for variety, I blended my french vanilla tobacco with my 618 for a while as well. As they said, the sky's the limit. You are limited only by your imagination! Well, and what you have stocked.

When my preferred liquid vendor changed their formula it threw me for a loop until I added a similar flavor from another vendor and it made it better than the original. Now if I can figure out how to dilute the consistency (they stopped adding PG to their liquids and it is so thick it doesnt wick properly) without affecting the flavor I will be ecstatic. Maybe I order the flavor I mix into it on a 10-1 basis in 100%PG and that may be enough to thin it out enough so I do not have to prime the damn wick every time I want to take a second draw. When I let it sit for a few minutes the first draw is pure bliss, the second less flavor, and the third tastes like burned hair smells. It gets old having to take two or three non powered draws to prime the wick before engaging the power.

Maybe order with an extra flavor shot?