Kanger T3 Tank which coils to use ?

Hello,

I got myself a Kanger T3 Not the clear one but in green (don't know if that makes a difference)

Tank two weeks ago from a vape shop and am totally happy with it. Then i got myself a vivi nova and for some reason i think it messed up my battery, since then the flavor of my juice is not the same, and it seems to not be smoking right as well.

I ordered 5 replacement coils from ebay. They have 2.2 ohm. i don't really know if the ohm'age makes a difference. Will the replacement coils work with my tank ?

Thanks for any answers :)

I am using a eGo-T Battery 1100 mAH

Hello,

I got myself a Kanger T3 Not the clear one but in green (don't know if that makes a difference)

Tank two weeks ago from a vape shop and am totally happy with it. Then i got myself a vivi nova and for some reason i think it messed up my battery, since then the flavor of my juice is not the same, and it seems to not be smoking right as well.

I ordered 5 replacement coils from ebay. They have 2.2 ohm. i don't really know if the ohm'age makes a difference. Will the replacement coils work with my tank ?

Thanks for any answers :)

I am using a eGo-T Battery 1100 mAH

First, I would like to ask you not to call it "smoking" because of all the negative connotations that word brings out. We're trying to distance ourselves from that because vaping is so very different. :)

The replacement coils you bought from ebay, did they say they were specifically for the Kangor Pro Tank 3? The KPT3 uses dual coil not single coil like the original Pro Tank and Pro Tank 2. The single and dual coils are not interchangeable. The color of the tank won't make a difference to anything other than it looks different.

Because the Vivi Nova is a top coil (meaning the coil sits on the top of the tank), and uses a long wick and the Pro Tanks (1, 2 and 3) have the coils at the bottom, your juice will taste different in each one. Also, and this could just be me, but the Vivi Nova's tank is made out of plastic while the Pro Tanks are Pyrex glass. I've found that juices taste better in glass tanks -- to me. Everyone tastes things differently so it could be a different experience for you.

The higher the number of ohms, the higher the resistance so you'll get a cooler vape from the 2.2 ohm coils on your eGo-T than if you used a 1.8 ohm coil. The variable voltage batteries like the eGo Twist or the Vision Spinner (we won't go into mods at this point), can compensate by allowing you to turn up the heat (voltage) for different resistance in coils. With your battery, however, it's fixed at 3.7 volts so you'll probably want to stick with 1.8 - 2.2 ohm coils. I wouldn't go any higher and expect it to work well for you, though.

Did any of that help answer your questions? :)

Sorry, no. Those go to the T3S and MT3S, which are totally different from the Pro Tanks. I know it gets confusing because of all the acronyms. The Kangor Pro Tank (2 & 3) are calle KPT+whatever number. The coils you bought go into something like this:

http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-t3s-rebuildable-clearomizer-2-5ohm-green/

I linked you to the green one.

As far as I know Kangor hasn't released any of the replacement coils for the KPT3 yet. We're all still waiting...

I dont believe she said she had a ProTank Tam :)

Well, crap, Jeff. I shouldn't try commenting on anything until I'm sufficiently topped up with coffee. I was reading several different threads at the same time and not paying attention.

Sorry, Marianne. I gave you the wrong information. Listen to Jeff, he won't steer you wrong. :wallbash:

Lol !

It's alright, i got the right coils, i just wanted to make sure the ohms are the right ones. And i won't smoke my batt nor my coils to death lol

There is no right or wrong with it comes to resistance (ohms) only personal preference. I use 1.8s, 2,2s, and even occasionally a 2.5 depending on the flavor and my mood lol.

There is no right or wrong with it comes to resistance (ohms) only personal preference. I use 1.8s, 2,2s, and even occasionally a 2.5 depending on the flavor and my mood lol.

It's been so long since I've used my eGo-Ts that don't have variable voltage, how do 2.5 ohm coils work on those? I'm not even sure I've ever used a 2.5 on one. :)

So the stronger the OHM the stronger the vape and the flavor of the juice ? But also the stronger the OHM the faster you blow your coils or batts ? Lol

Not necessarily. Some juices like more heat while others taste better with a cooler temperature.

A 1.8 ohm coil is going to run hotter because the resistance is lower. The lower the number/ohm, the easier it is for the electricity from your battery to get to the heating coil. The higher the number/ohm, the more resistance the electricity is going to encounter on its way to heat up the coil making the vape more cool.

I'll stop right there and let the guys who can be more articulate about it explain more. My language and comprehension skills seem to have deserted me this morning. :)

Unless you're doing something drastically wrong I doubt you'll have to worry too much about blowing out your batts. :)

Edited by Tameiki

My husband tried the ego twist with the variable voltage at the vapor shop the last time and it blew out a lot of vapor but he said it tasted foul, too much of everything BUT flavor. I think i will go to the vapor shoppe and buy new coils from there for now, until the ordered ones arrive.

He probably had the voltage set too high for that particular juice. If he dialed it back down it might've worked better for him. If you go to the shop, ask to try a variable voltage. Start at the lowest setting and vape. If it's not "good" for you, turn it up, vape again and keep turning it up a little at a time until you get a burnt taste or harsh vape, then turn it back down until it tastes good to you. Everyone has their own individual "sweet spot" so you'll have to play around to find yours. :)

It's been so long since I've used my eGo-Ts that don't have variable voltage, how do 2.5 ohm coils work on those? I'm not even sure I've ever used a 2.5 on one. :)

Not sure I have ever tried a 2.5 on a non VV device. I bought a couple boxes of 2.5s to try and they are nice for sweeter flavors I want to vape on higher wattage but tbh they are sitting on a counter collecting dust. 99% of the time I vape with a 2.2ohm @ 7.5w but there is one flavor I have (that is on the sideline right now) that I prefer 2.5ohms @ 8-8.5w.

So the stronger the OHM the stronger the vape and the flavor of the juice ? But also the stronger the OHM the faster you blow your coils or batts ? Lol

The lower the resistance is the end result is more vapor, stronger throat hit, warmer vapor, and you go through liquid faster. I do not think the life span of a coil will be affected simply by the resistance but I could be wrong. I also do not think the resistance of a coil will have anything at all to do with battery life but again, I could be wrong. I am finding the sweet spot on most of my liquids in my 6 tank rotation to be around 2.2ohms at 7.5w.

Personally, I myself would stay away from 1.8 ohms unless you have a variable voltage/wattage device. That low for some juices at a standard battery output can actually burn some juices, but with variable voltage or wattage, you can dial the volts down, or power, and keep that from happening. I had some juices that did great running at 8, 8 1/2 watts, but some that I could go above 7, and with a 1.8 ohm on a standard battery, you are pushing 7.6 watts.

Just my personal opinion.

Personally, I myself would stay away from 1.8 ohms unless you have a variable voltage/wattage device. That low for some juices at a standard battery output can actually burn some juices, but with variable voltage or wattage, you can dial the volts down, or power, and keep that from happening. I had some juices that did great running at 8, 8 1/2 watts, but some that I could go above 7, and with a 1.8 ohm on a standard battery, you are pushing 7.6 watts.

Just my personal opinion.

I have no problem whatsoever with standard non VV batteries and 1.8ohm coils as far as tasting burned but generally I am using my non VV Egos when I am at a "stealth vaping" occasion (Scout function, football games, shopping, etc...) and I opt for 2.2ohms just because there is less vapor.

At this point I view everything as a nicotine delivery system and taste is my only real concern over amount of vapor, throat hit, etc... As long as I can tell I am getting my nic, the rest is inconsequential to me lol.

Like I said, Brian, it depends on the juice. Some juices just plain don't like it that hot.

But I hear ya. As long as it tastes good, and I'm getting my nic, it's all good. Actually, I'm not even sure if I've felt throat hit, or if I even know what throat hit is supposed to feel like?