BRAND NEW to this and need a little help

Today I finally took the dive and bought my first mod. I was using an ego with an evod tank but today I got a Vamo V3 and a Protank 1. The Vamo says my resistance is 2.6 ohms I need help figuring out what voltage and wattage I should be at. I have looked at the charts and what not online but I am still getting NASTY burnt hits. Can anyone help me out please!?

Thank You,
Chris

doesn't the vamo have an rms and mean setting?

I've heard that if a pv is on the mean setting it could have a harsher

burnt taste because of the way it fires.

I've also heard that the mean setting is less consistant ?

I haven't kept up with all the diff. versions so I may be way off base lol

RMS= Root Mean Square

The VAMO can determine output voltage and wattage as an Average ( Mean) or as RMS (Root Mean Square). RMS is the actual and true output and is the one to use.

Soooo I actually have the V5 and it was set to "MEAN". I thought something was odd when I kept hearing about how "ugly the swirls are" Mine doesn't have "swirls" I just figured they mad the black chrome without swirls. I finally went and did some more research and found out the head doesn't come off the tube. You can take off the top cap and take off the extension tube but not the short 18350 size tube. Then I finally looked up how to put it in RMS or MEAN mode and tried it and sure enough it switched to RMS. Now I feel like a complete idiot, but I am still new to this and the guy at the store said it was the V3 so it isn't entirely my fault.

Soooo I actually have the V5 and it was set to "MEAN". I thought something was odd when I kept hearing about how "ugly the swirls are" Mine doesn't have "swirls" I just figured they mad the black chrome without swirls. I finally went and did some more research and found out the head doesn't come off the tube. You can take off the top cap and take off the extension tube but not the short 18350 size tube. Then I finally looked up how to put it in RMS or MEAN mode and tried it and sure enough it switched to RMS. Now I feel like a complete idiot, but I am still new to this and the guy at the store said it was the V3 so it isn't entirely my fault. 

I have the V5 myself, took me a coupe hours to get it out of mean, lol. If I remember correctly, the V5 is the internals of the V3 in the body of the V2. Perhaps that's what your salesman intended to say.

From Sweet-Vapes Website: Version 5 has the V3 Vamo circuitry inside with the V2 body style, and removable top cap.

It has 8 menu options, including RMS or Mean. You'll want it set to RMS for a better experience, it's set to mean from the factory.

Version 4 has the V3 circuitry inside a V2 body style. The top cap around the ego/510 connection does not come off on V4, does on V5.

I stand corrected, however am left wondering why they did this giving the V3 only runs in RMS mode or at least came with it set in RMS mode. I believe its the only mode it runs in.

Anyone have any idea why they would say it contains V3 circuitry yet have this difference?