When to throw the coil in the garbage?

Patricia

I have been cleaning my coils like Carter. When changing flavors I put the coil in alcohol overnight then rinse it out with hot water the next day and let it dry out. Like Carter said, most the time it makes them just like new. I just got through with a flavor that was very dark, almost black. So when it sat in alcohol over night the wicks were still black today when I rinsed them out. Does the color mean I should throw them away or are they just dyed a dark color because the juice was dark?

Most of my juices are dark in color, so the wicks almost ALWAYS come out brown or black. As long as the coil still performs, and the flavor isn't tainted by the old flavor, or doesn't taste burned, I don't worry about it.

I should say, the wicks almost always come out after washing and soaking, they come out dark.

Edited by spydre

I dry burn mine. I have some juice that turns dark as it sits in the tank. What I do is disassemble the tank wipe out the tank with paper towel, With the KPT2 tank, I take the metal top and rubber pieces off so I can see the coil and wick, I'll fire it up and hold it till I see the glow of the coil then let off let cool for sec and fire it again letting the glow for a few seconds. I keep repeating this. As you do you will see the wick whiten up. When the wick it white again, I refill the tank and start vaping again. So far my coil has been going for 3 weeks now. and still going strong. some coils burn out doing this and that is when I replace it. So far I have only gone thru 2 coils in a month and half. My KPT 1 has had the same coil for almost 2 months.I do use it less though.

Some ejuice tend to gung up coils more than others. I find some getting crusted with burnt on juice. Scraping the crust with an extacto knife helps and followed with a PGA rinse then dry burn for a sec or two.

It's nice to have more than one on hand to dedicate to a particular flavor juice. Washing between differnt type of ejuice is sometimes not successful in removing the previous eJuice flavor.

Well when I say trying out different juices what I am talking about is 10ML at a time. So I use a tank to vape a whole 10ML bottle at a time then because that coil is still good I just wash it out to get the taste out so I can try another 10ML of juice. I bought a bunch of 10ML from different vendors so I can find some I like good enough to start buying big bottles so I can save a little money. I must be picky because I have only found 1 flavor that I like well enough to do that and it is Dudacino by VapeDudes. But I have 33 flavors to try. It would just be too wasteful to throw out a coil every time I empty a 10ML bottle. I have thought about a couple of other cleaning agents that may work well, Hydrogen Peroxide and Denture Cleaner. What are any thoughts on those agents? OK, going to bed now, at least I am going to try. Work tomorrow.

Well when I say trying out different juices what I am talking about is 10ML at a time. So I use a tank to vape a whole 10ML bottle at a time then because that coil is still good I just wash it out to get the taste out so I can try another 10ML of juice. I bought a bunch of 10ML from different vendors so I can find some I like good enough to start buying big bottles so I can save a little money. I must be picky because I have only found 1 flavor that I like well enough to do that and it is Dudacino by VapeDudes. But I have 33 flavors to try. It would just be too wasteful to throw out a coil every time I empty a 10ML bottle. I have thought about a couple of other cleaning agents that may work well, Hydrogen Peroxide and Denture Cleaner. What are any thoughts on those agents? OK, going to bed now, at least I am going to try. Work tomorrow.

You throw them away? Don't do that, send to me I'll rebuild them and use em ;) lol

It's nice to have more than one on hand to dedicate to a particular flavor juice. Washing between differnt type of ejuice is sometimes not successful in removing the previous eJuice flavor.

It's what I do. Menthol/Mint, Chocolate, and Honeysuckle, all nicely labeled in my vape case. I hope to add some more flavors, I'm a little bored.

Edited by HelloMiakoda