hi new and could use some help

RedAceNeo

hi im new to vaping and having a problem i just got a ViVi Nova Tank Cartomizer and Ego-C Twist 1000 mAh along with Organic French Vanilla E-liquid %100 vegetable glycerin extra high 24mg and its burning my throat and when i exhale from my nose a even worst burning any hints as to what the cause could be??

Did you try turning down the voltage on your Twist? Also, when you put the juice into the Vivi Nova, did you wait several minutes to let the juice soak the wick? 100% VG is usually pretty thick so getting into the wick could take awhile.

Oh, and welcome. :)

The more nicotine in a juice, the more of a "throat hit" you'll experience. That "throat hit" can also feel like a burning sensation.

When you smoked cigarettes, what kind and how many did you smoke in a day? You might be at a too high of a nic level.

I'm just throwing out guesses here at this point hoping one of them will be the cause of your problem. Many people use a 50 PG/50 VG mix to get a good combination of throat hit and vapor production. Few people that I know use 24 mg of nicotine unless they were at least a pack a day (or more) and are just getting started vaping. Then, once they've been vaping for a while they go down to 18 or 12 mg of nicotine.

Well then, the 24 mg of nic should be a good starting point for you. The Twist and Vivi Nova are both good units. I'm not sure at this point why you're getting such a burning sensation when you take a draw. Do you first take the vapor into your mouth, wait a sec and then inhale? If not, try that to see if the burning is lessened or eliminated.

Good for you to go to vaping! It takes a little trial and error but the pay off is so worthwhile. Stick with it. Others should be by shortly and should come up with some other things to troubleshoot. :)

do you think maybe its something i should get used to.. yea i have the vaper in my mouth then inhale just like when i smoke cigs.

i had the blu e cigs before and they wasn't bad just died to quickly never had the discomfort burning with them.

Thank you very much for commenting and being helpfully i really do appreciate it.

You're welcome and no, it's not something you have to get used to. I'm thinking it might have something to do with your juice, however.

Why 100% VG juice? Do you have an allergy to PG?

If everything is going well, you should get a nice, smooth vape. What flavor are you using? Maybe that might have something to do with it. Did you get your juice online or at a brick & mortar store?

I'm just going to keep asking questions and throwing out suggestions and possibilities, if you don't mind. I really want to see you succeed. :D

Virgin Vapor is a good company. I've gotten juices from them before although I use other vendors more often these days. :)

Usually, the more VG, the thicker the juice, which can make wicking a little more difficult, it also produces more vapor and a little sweeter, smoother vape.

PG is the flavor carrier. The more PG, the more throat hit, thinner juice, better flavor delivery.

My personal preference is now a 60 PG/40 VG (it used to be 50/50 for a long time, though).

Stick around here, read through the threads and you'll learn lots! The folks here are friendly and usually more helpful than this. I think they're shy tonight. :)

Throwing in my .02

Could be the nicotine level. Def adds a harshness.

Dont know about your tank but some tanks dont like 100% vg. Maybe someone else could comment on that.

Does it taste like French vanilla?

Throwing in my .02

Dont know about your tank but some tanks dont like 100% vg. Maybe someone else could comment on that.

it has a faint vanilla taste to it. didnt know some tanks dont like %100 vg. oh man lol

My main two juice vendors that I prefer are EC Blends and Vapor Dudes. Others on this forum have their favorites. This weekend I'll be making an order for some gingerbread from The Vapor Room.

Not bragging but I've tried well over 200+ different flavors. Lol. Yes, I love blueberry. As a matter of fact I've got a Kangor Pro Tank 2 full of blueberry with a dash of peppermint (two different bottles of juice, I mix it in the tank). My allergies have been working overtime and my throat's been sore so this strange sounding concoction soothes my throat and makes my taste buds happy. Both are from EC Blends at 12 mg of nicotine, 50/50 blend. :)

Throwing in my .02

With the long wicks and top coil of a Vivi Nova, you might be on to something here, Bebop. Thanks for chiming in. :)

The bottom feeders (heating coils on the bottom of the tank), like the Kangor Pro Tank, Pro Tank 2, Anyvape Davide, Davide mini, etc. are all the rage these days. Not least because these all have Pyrex tanks. Some juices that are high in acidity like citrus juices, or high in cinnamon can crack plastic tanks like those on a Vivi Nova. Not so with Pyrex, you just have to not drop it or bang it hard on something. :)

My personal recommendation for your Twist would be a Davide mini or a Pro Tank mini. Those are about the same diameter as your battery. The regular Davide and/or Pro Tank (1 & 2) are bigger and stick out over the side. There are collars that help make it look better.

My main two juice vendors that I prefer are EC Blends and Vapor Dudes. Others on this forum have their favorites. This weekend I'll be making an order for some gingerbread from The Vapor Room.

Not bragging but I've tried well over 200+ different flavors. Lol. Yes, I love blueberry. As a matter of fact I've got a Kangor Pro Tank 2 full of blueberry with a dash of peppermint (two different bottles of juice, I mix it in the tank). My allergies have been working overtime and my throat's been sore so this strange sounding concoction soothes my throat and makes my taste buds happy. Both are from EC Blends at 12 mg of nicotine, 50/50 blend. :)

that blueberry and peppermint sounds pretty good.

Their strawberry shortcake and blackberry are also very tasty. The lovely thing about EC Blends is that you can buy 5 ml bottles of juice for around $2.50 (prices go up a bit depending on any extras you add to it), so you can try all kinds of different flavors and mixes without committing to a big bottle of juice you may not like right off the bat.

http://ecblendflavors.com/

I should be seeing my latest order from them tomorrow. A friend on this forum recommended rum soaked raisin to me recently. I've also got a bottle of Dragon's charm and Dragon's Magic coming. The first one is dragon fruit, raspberry and cream. The Dragon's Magic is dragon fruit, cream and ambrosia. Mmmmm. So far I've loved all the Dragon series of juices. :)

so i turned my twist to 4.0 puff and didnt inhale and blew it out and it smelled like something was burning and when i smelled it my nose burned from the smell. idk how to explain it better and the head on the nova is a 2.40 head. :wallbash:

Edited by RedAceNeo

Do you know how many ohms your coil is? If it's a low resistance (1.5 or 1.8 ohm) coil 4.0 volts might be too high thus causing the burning. If you've already burned the coil wick there's nothing that will take away the burnt taste - usually. (Sorry, put in the wrong word there.)

Do you have replacement coils for your Vivi Nova? If you do I'd pop a new coil in it, tip to get the wicks wet, wait a bit to let the wick soak up the juice and then try again.

If you don't have extra coils, try taking off the coil and wick, run under very hot water (better if you have some vodka instead and do a soak), dab dry (get the wicks as dry as you can), replace and try again. If you do this the first several hits are going to not taste like anything until you get the water or vodka out of the wicks. Then, you should get some flavor. I'd get replacement coils in any case. With a Twist, you can get higher resistance and be okay. I like 1.8 up to 2.2 ohms, personally, and then vape at 3.8 to 4.3 volts. :)

Edited by Tameiki

i cleaned it all out and put a 1.80 head on got it at 3.2 lowest setting on my twist and its doing just fine ^_^ though kinda dislike the flavor gonna have to buy some more different flavors.

You're going to be surprised at what you like and don't like in the juice department, especially as your taste buds heal once you give up the analogs altogether.

Glad we were able to find a fix for you. Now, turn the Twist up a bit, vape, turn it up, vape, and repeat until you get a slight burning taste then turn it down a bit. That should give you a good indication of where you're sweet spot is for that juice. :)