Ode to 801's or The Sad Passing

Of some old friends from the e-cig world.
(with tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Many of us **OV's** have fond although sometimes frustrated memories of these
old friends.
The M-401 has sadly passed and the RN-4075 is now defunct.

While the 402 can still be found occasionally and the RN-4081 still has a small cult like following in the NJOY and
Smokestik crowds.The KR808D-1 won the cigalike popularity contest and the 510, and the new kid on the block,the eGo connector won the MOD crowds love.

But perhaps the saddest passing is the venerable and oft venerated
DSE-801/BE-112/JOYE302's.
Often hailed as the best compromise between the TH of the 510 and the clear taste of a 901,with the largest capacity,the now outdated 801 was
beloved (and hated) by many.

the BE-112 seems to be out of production
and very few sellers still carry the 801/302's anymore.

BUT I STILL HAVE A FEW! I haven't had to give in yet to these new punks:The gennies and RBA's and RDA's and and and...
Well I only use 'em to taste new juices sometimes lol.
They still work and taste great at ~5V.

It really is great fun watching the progression of VAPING. :)

**OV=original vaper(yes a sad play on the gangsters OG)

LOL :clap: Oh how I remember. And yes I still have them as well even some manual 401s and 901s. My most liked combo was a 112 manual batt with a 901 atty. I even have many of the adaters. :smoke: If I wanted a good hit off a 112 atty I would drip and stove pipe it... ahhh those were the days. LOL

I have a couple mods with the 801 connection. Sadly I have no 801 atomizers and I never did care for the 302. Stove piping, I can't tell you how many times I did that with the 801. I still have the 801 battery charger, with extender, for the manual battery.

The 901...one of my other favorites. That little air hole on the side that leaked constantly, brings back memories of always having a paper towel in reach. I had high hopes for the 901 catomizers. They never measured up to the 901 atty and the 510 cartomizer. Those sit in a drawer and are my emergency, emergency back up.

Do you guys remember gutting out a 510 mouth piece to make a drip tip? Or having to blow across the top of a drip tip to push the liquid down?

How about blue foam and those darn pyramid tea bags. So glad that was short lived.

Those were the days...

Remember to thank your vaping veterans. It was their great minds and imagination that made vaping what it is today.

I have a couple mods with the 801 connection. Sadly I have no 801 atomizers and I never did care for the 302. Stove piping, I can't tell you how many times I did that with the 801. I still have the 801 battery charger, with extender, for the manual battery.

The 901...one of my other favorites. That little air hole on the side that leaked constantly, brings back memories of always having a paper towel in reach. I had high hopes for the 901 catomizers. They never measured up to the 901 atty and the 510 cartomizer. Those sit in a drawer and are my emergency, emergency back up.

Do you guys remember gutting out a 510 mouth piece to make a drip tip? Or having to blow across the top of a drip tip to push the liquid down?

How about blue foam and those darn pyramid tea bags. So glad that was short lived.

Those were the days...

Remember to thank your vaping veterans. It was their great minds and imagination that made vaping what it is today.

I still use my manual 112 batts with my new IClear 16s duelies, quite the combo ;) I only dripped with the 112 atty I used the cart with the poly fill on the 510 and 901s... I always had a paperclip and napkin handy LOL It wasn't to blow my noise but sure sounded like it... Gad I remember the tea bag thing lol made a better tea filter than a wick LMAO. I went to Hobby Lobby and had bought a hug bag of poly i still have a huge bag somewhere.I have 3 new 112 attys left in my supplies... err more like my E-Cig museum hahaha, I'm sure they will be there a while.