Vaping For Deer

Well, it's getting close to that time of year again. Yup...deer season is about to begin and I, for one, have been waiting with bated breath all year for it.

And speaking of bated breath, I've been wondering about "baited" breath. Specifically, I'm wondering if there might be a particular flavor of eJuice that might serve as an attractant for deer or a cover-scent for me, like maybe a peanut butter or apple flavored eJuice that may bring 'em on in.

As far as giving myself away with "smoke" signals, I tend to hunt from a blind, so the visible vapor shouldn't alert them to my position.

whitetail.jpg

Is that RY4 I smell?

Deer is one of my favorite animals, they taste delicious.

No doubt. I love all wild game and grew up eating squirrel, rabbit, deer, quail, and dove almost weekly. We would fill the freezer in the fall and eat all year. I just wish I still had time and place to hunt. My family had over 3000 acres in the Mississippi River bottoms growing up but has all been sold now. Looking for a lease now.

Christmas 1977...ah memories...got my first shotgun...single shot 410. Put quite a few rabbits and squirrels on the table with that little beauty. Still own it today.

rix - try some of that crab juice you were talking about...LOL

I got a single shot 410 when I was 7, in 1977 lol! Still remember getting it. Just like my grandpas but new. When I was 10 I got a Browning light 12 abd it's still the shotgun I use the most unless I am bird hunting. Then it's the Citori all the way lol.

Edited by bcartervol98

Ha...funny. I was 10 when I got mine. Then moved up the a Browning 12ga semi auto that I still have...one of the old ones made in Belguim...sweet gun....smoooth. Got my first rabbit with the 410 about 40 yards off the back door...house was surrounded by timber. Dad still likes to tell the story of me coming up over the hill with a big toothy grin and that damn rabbit shot all to hell....LOL

I got my first gun (besides the obligatory Red Ryder BB gun) when I was twelve...the 410 breech-loading shotgun that my dad got when he was a kid. Now I hunt with a H&R 1871 Buffalo Classic .45-70 Gov't. single-shot breech-loader. It's considered a primitive weapon so I don't have to switch guns during primitive weapon seasons.

zoom_ultra_buffalo.jpg

Love to Hunt Deer, I am now using a TenPoint Crossbow. Love to sit in the Ground Blind, and watch the bucks and does come in.

I have several pounds of summer sausage left but am out of jerky. Need to get one on the ground and into the processor.

Best of luck to all hunters, May you be blessed with nice deer for your endeavors.

Terry