Looking for a good RY4 - more tobacco, less carmel/vanilla

VaperG

Just got the Mountain Oak Vapors Full Virginia Flake RY4. It's pretty tasty, but the carmel and vanilla flavors are way too dominant with just a hint of tobacco in the background, which is the opposite of what I'm looking for. I'd like a more balanced RY4 with more focus on tobacco and just a hint of carmel/vanilla. Any suggestions?

Try Chi-Town Vapors. I've tried it, and the tobacco flavor outweighs anything else you taste, plus they have a double ry4,, but I don't know if that doubles the tobacco option or not. You could also try bettervapes.com, they are a smaller supplier here locally, that I think has the flavor prifile you may be looking for, at least it seemed to me at the time. Both have INCREDIBLY reasonable prices.

I really like the RY4 from EC Blends. But it really has a lot of the caramel flavor added to it, so it might not be what you are wanting. But that is my opinion and everyone tastes something different.

You may want to look for another RY version. When I started vaping, many years ago, there was a whole line of RY's. I have yet to find any of the other versions that were not Dekang (chinese mix). It appears only the RY4 made it into the local mixers. You can find the Dekang versions at Litecigusa. I have tried them all and they are actually good. No, chinese liquid won't hurt you. I have vaped it for years.

RY1 - smooth tobacco flavor, not as sweet.

RY2 - Caramel and tobacco blended

RY3 - Less of the caramel and more tobacco

RY4 - Caramel and vanilla tobacco

LiquidXpress has a version called Taboo. It is nice and not as sweet as the EC Blend. They also have a really nice peach and tobacco flavor, I think it is in their Indulgence line.

Myshells ry4 from high desert vapes has a great tobacco flavor , I don't even vape tobacco flavors anymore but will still vape their ry4 and dueling banjos

Plus all their juices from now till end of October are 40 off with code fortyoff

Edited by Eddieruckus

Just got the Mountain Oak Vapors Full Virginia Flake RY4. It's pretty tasty, but the carmel and vanilla flavors are way too dominant with just a hint of tobacco in the background, which is the opposite of what I'm looking for. I'd like a more balanced RY4 with more focus on tobacco and just a hint of carmel/vanilla. Any suggestions?

I cannot believe I forgot about DULCIS from Vapor Talk! This might be what you are looking for. Really nice flavor! More tobacco flavor with hints of the caramel on the end. Definitely less sweet than the others I have tried. One of my old favorites! I actually stumbled on a hidden bottle in the cupboard. I need to stop hiding things.

I must ask, what does ry4 stand for?

There is a big debate on where the RY's came from. From what I have dug up, over time, RY stands for Ruyan. One of the original ecig manufactures in China. The recipe was developed by Ruyan and possibly manufactured by Dekang. Or so the theory goes. Then there is Janty that claims they developed it. So much rip off in this industry. Anyways, RY4 is just a name from the RY tobacco line.

I cannot believe I forgot about DULCIS from Vapor Talk! This might be what you are looking for. Really nice flavor! More tobacco flavor with hints of the caramel on the end. Definitely less sweet than the others I have tried. One of my old favorites! I actually stumbled on a hidden bottle in the cupboard. I need to stop hiding things.

Yes, Just ordered the Dulces on Monday. Can't wait to try it.

• 3 weeks later...

Noob here (4 months at it), and I went on a similar quest early on. Not real big on sweet/desert-type liquids, which there seems to be an abundance of, and started looking for a more tobacco-oriented RY4 with just some mild undertones of caramel & vanilla. Went through quite a few suppliers until I found one that really knocked my socks off: Moon Mountain Vapor's new Sweet Mother of Mars. Its emphasis is definitely on the tobacco notes; the mild caramel/vanilla is noticeable on the inhale and the exhale is ALL tobacco. They only produce their juices in one pg/vg ratio (believe it's 60/40), but they may honor special requests in the order notes at checkout. I've tried 4 of their juices (Sweet Mother of Mercury, Sweet Mother of Mars, Sweet Mother of Neptune and Dusty Boots) and they've all been very tasty....arrive ready to vape, I've never had to steep to get a full-body taste....don't know if they're pre-steeping or just blend in enough flavoring to make them full-flavored from the get-go. They also have BOGOs and discounts (check their FB page) all the time.

Has anyone else tried these guys?

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like maybe EC Blends hears ya: RY 7 - eLiquid Flavor

E-Liquid Flavor RY 7 (RY7) is a different and more robust tobacco version of our popular classic RY 4 with undertones of caramel and vanilla. The tobacco flavoring is different and intensified...

Okay, initially, I didn't like it (though it was at a shop that purchases the liquid and then sells it, so I'm not sure how long the sample had been sitting there before I tried it), but once I discovered I liked the Holy Grail RY4, I started looking for a cheaper alternative, when I went to Better Vapes here locally. I started being able to vape more tobacco-y centered flavors after my seizure in, I guess, September 11, and at first I went with Vapor Beast's Holy Grail RY4, plus Kick Ash Sweet Tobacco, but I found Better Vapes' RY4 (though it is sweeter, but I don't think too sweet, and frankly, sometimes it tastes differently, there's enough different notes in it to pick up on different things when you vape it), I can't hardly stand the Holy Grail anymore. To the point that I have almost 15 ml left of it, and if my dad gets into vaping, I'm going to give it to him, and I'm picking up 50 mls of the Better Vapes juice this weekend. I just prefer the Better Vapes RY4. If you are interested, their website is www.bettervapes.com of course.

Like I said, I had also gotten really heavy into Vapor Beast's Kick Ash, and then I switched over to their 555, and just in time, because I was about out of Kick Ash. I have one tank left and I hardly ever vape it for more than a few minutes.

I tried an RY4 two weeks ago that I love from Seattle Vapor Co. I really like the distinct tobacco taste with more just hints of vanilla and caramel at the end. It is truly hard to find the perfect one though as they always vary so much. Hope this helps!

• 1 year later...

What does RY4 stand for?

The company whos lab that designed the ry* line was named Ruyan. Its a Chinese company, and its name is from the english names of 2 kanji glyphs: 如烟 The first glyph is Ru, the second is Yan, so it appears that RY is the initials of the company's kanji name. Of course 4 is their 4th recipe released.

Apparently the ry4 was a huge hit right at the start of the ejuice industry. The Ruyan labs no longer exist, and the recipes were lost, adding mystique to popularity, driving a whole host of vendors to try and come up with their own RY4 thats closest to the original. All the ingredients for a legend.

I tried one ry4 clone and it was too citrusy had no carmel or nut taste whatsoever. So it seems to me that its become almost a catchall name for any mixed flavor blend, unfortunately.

Hope this  helps

Dan K

Edited by Dan K
Added history

• 3 months later...