Protank 2 issue - anyone else have this problem?

VaperG

I've dumped the tank about five times! Maybe it's just me, but you have to grab the bottom cartridge ring or you end up unscrewing the tank from the ring and dumping the juice. My other tanks, two BCC Megas and an Innokin tank, don't have that ring, so when I'm switching between them, I absentmindedly forget to grab the Protank cartridge ring and there goes the juice. Very irritating to say the least. Otherwise, it works great.

That is why they put the knurling on the bottom ring of the tank (diamond cut criss-crossing). Always grasp the knurling.

Always! and I've learned, slowly, to screw it in lightly...

First time I opened it to refill it, well, on the davide, which was my "first", I didn't open the knurled ring, I opened the bottom ring. Juice all over my hands and floor.

Good to hear I'm not the only one!

For me, what I do is screw the head into the base plate, then screw the base plate into the Protank. It allows it to screw on easily 10x what it will screw on if you simply put the head on the Protank's inner tube and then screw the base on. With this method, you'd really have to be unscrewing the tank quite a bit before anything comes out. This method also may fix firing issues with the Protank because the center post goes much deeper down into the base's post collumn with this technique.

In all honesty though, I've never had this problem. But again, I screw my bases in pretty snug, and instead of leaving them loose for certain air pressure techniques, I hope to get these things to work by using an air flow controller. Any device that you have to leave loose and leaking isn't one that really is built well to incorperate proper physics. The Protank II isn't a well made device in my opinion - it simply doesn't have enough suction, coupled with no real way for air to get into the tank to push the juice into the wick, and always creates a burny, sour flavor for me.

I've dumped the tank about five times! Maybe it's just me, but you have to grab the bottom cartridge ring or you end up unscrewing the tank from the ring and dumping the juice. My other tanks, two BCC Megas and an Innokin tank, don't have that ring, so when I'm switching between them, I absentmindedly forget to grab the Protank cartridge ring and there goes the juice. Very irritating to say the least. Otherwise, it works great.

Lol, I was smart enough to skip placing the bottom assembly on my pro mini then flop it right side up to screw to the battery. Glad it was a mini !!

What I've also actually done, when I had my Zmax (don't think it happened before that), occasionally I would screw on my evods too tightly. So then, I would go to take them off, and the base/coil assembly would stay connected to the Zmax, while the rest of the evod came off, spilling the contents, provided that I hadn't held the unit upside down when I unscrewed it. After it happened a few times, I started holding the unit upside down to unscrew them, and then I FINALLY figured out the last time, when even I couldn't get the base off and had to get hubby to get it off, that I was screwing them down too tight on the APV. Luckily, they weren't a 510 device, or I would have pushed the pin down pretty good, and lucky for me, even though I do all the changing tanks at my desk, I would do it in the space between my keyboard and the edge of my desk....(except for one time), which is covered by a towel. I picked up the towel habit from when I was smoking analogs in case I dropped ashes, I wouldn't have ashes all over there, but after a couple accidental spills like that, or overfills when I fill tanks right there, the towel REALLY, REALLY comes in handy. The one time I didn't do it over the towel, I was sort of pushed back away from the desk, so it was over my lap,and I didn't realize it happened until I felt it running down my hand, and I looked down just in time to see the juice hit my nice straight out of the dryer clean jeans. Nope, nope, nope, can't wear those to the doctor today.