K100

I saw one of these at a b&m near me and I am intrigued. The guy didn't know much about them (surprise suprise) so I'm doing some research. I've heard people talking about using a kick with certain batteries in it. What does this mean? What battery is the best in terms of battery life and just a good all around hit? I feel like a more powerful battery could deliver a burnt hit since this isn't a variable voltage battery (well it is I guess, but not like a twist or whatever). Is it possible to ruin it by screwing a tank on too much? Like pushing the contact down? Thanks for the help.

A Kick is essentially a Variable Wattage device for use in a mechanical mod. It allows you to set your desired wattage for use with different coils etc.

I recently purchased the K100 mod body, and the charger and batteries seperate, as the kit comes with sub-par batteries and charger. The batteries I ordered are Panasonic 18650 IMR, and they are working very well for me. I recommend the K100 for a first mechanical mod. It's a solid, inexpensive device. Order the body, and all parts seperate.

The K100 is a telescoping device. It can take 18350 - 18650.

You set the wattage on the Kick manually, then insert it with the battery. My 18650s have been lasting me a full day, but I haven't been chain vaping with the K100 like I was with my eVic. The massive clouds seem to keep my cravings down a bit. :D

Yes, in many devices you cannot use a Kick with an 18650 battery. ESD protection prevents shorts.

"ESD can cause outright device failures, or less obvious forms of degradation that may affect the long term reliability and performance of electronic devices. The degradation in some devices may not become evident until well into their service life." - taken from Wikipedia

you can use any of the batteries with a kick grant. 18650, 18500,18490, 18350 they will all fit in the K100 with a kick. If you over discharge a battery you can essentially shorten the life or even kill it. It's not a huge problem even for people just starting on a mech because you will notice that it goes to almost nothing long before the battery over discharges.

The Kick 2 specifications.....

Output Power- 5 Watts to 15 Watts
Output Voltage- 2 Volts to 6.3 Volts
Output Current- 6 Amps
Atty Resistance- 0.5 Ohms to 3.3 Ohms
Low Battery cutoff- 2.7v loaded
Synchronous rectified for maximum battery life (very efficient)
Step-up/Step-down capable (RBA/RDA low Ohm friendly)

The Kick 2 specifications.....

Output Power- 5 Watts to 15 Watts

Output Voltage- 2 Volts to 6.3 Volts

Output Current- 6 Amps

Atty Resistance- 0.5 Ohms to 3.3 Ohms

Low Battery cutoff- 2.7v loaded

Synchronous rectified for maximum battery life (very efficient)

Step-up/Step-down capable (RBA/RDA low Ohm friendly)

Where is the cheapest most reliable place I can find this?

Thanks! Also another question... The k100 I got is a knockoff I believe. It doesn't have the on and off engraved into it or the logo on the top. It also didn't come with the drip shield/cartomizer for direct dripping. Any idea where I could purchase that separately? I really want it, lol.

Mine came with the shield, which I will never use, but no cartomizer. Clone of a clone eh? lol, crazy. I've heard about those, and they haven't been good unfortunately. I guess people have had issues with the firing button, or so I've heard.

It is just a standard 35mm cartomizer. If you have a blue K100, you can have my shield.

Thanks! Also another question... The k100 I got is a knockoff I believe. It doesn't have the on and off engraved into it or the logo on the top. It also didn't come with the drip shield/cartomizer for direct dripping. Any idea where I could purchase that separately? I really want it, lol.

Empiremods.com sells them. :) the cartomiser you can buy pretty much anywhere. It's a normal 510 carto.

Where is the best place to buy a kick?

I own three of these:

3098-2.jpg

Sigelei Kick Clone from Exhale Vapors - $15.98

*EDIT*

Sorry...I just checked and they're currently out of stock, but Bucky's Bargain Vaping has 'em in stock for $17.69.

Edited by Rixter

Thanks so much guys! As to the comment about the button being crappy. I kind of agree. Worked fine at first just fine not great. I messed with it a little on the way home (never a good idea if you're driving lol) and it got even worse (like it was about to fall out) I was ready to go right back and just get my money back. But then the tinker-er in me decided to mess with it. Upton further examination I realized the contact that hits the negative side of battery is a flat slotted screw so I tightened it up and it works better than it did when I got it! Thanks for the pointers guys.

Is the direct dripping carto worth getting or should I look for another one that works with the shield?