New to vaping and this forum.

Hello everyone this is my first post and sorry if its too long.

The only pen I currently own is a lava tube I've had it for about a year. For the longest I only used the atomizer that came with it, I still have it but I didn't like the way it would come apart and spill if I wasn't careful so I went and bought a Kanger mini pro tank, the difference was amazing I wish I bought it sooner.

Last night it started tasting burnt and I had noticed that my clear e-liquid was turning dark brown, its 60%PG 40%VG if that matters. I searched google for a quick solution (stores were closed or i would've bought a new coil) and I found out how to "dry burn" the coil clean and I removed the flavor wick. It was the best smoke I've ever had great taste and a lot of vapor.

While I searched around the forums more I learned that the gurgling and small amounts of E juice that would get into the mouthpiece weren't normal. I thought it was a normal occurrence and just got used to hitting it softly so it wouldn't happen. Then I read about someone recoiling their pro tank with a larger wick and they said it took care of the gurgle and improved smoke quality even more. I watched a youtube video about it and it does look easy but I don't want to mess anything up.

Can anyone tell me a good place to buy the recoiling material online (I've found a few places but I do not know who is reputable), or is it something that I can find in a store?

I only have one tank besides the original that came with it. Should I have more than one?

Is there anything else that I can do to improve the smoke, it is already great but if I can fix the gurgle so I can go back to taking good sized hits that would be nice. I have a billion more questions but they aren't that important.

~Drew

I didn't see an edit button so I hope no one gets upset at the back to back post.

I'm so happy I never threw away my mini protank box because I never realized it came with another coil. So now I'm going to visit my neighborhood smoke shop and see if I can get some items. I still don't know what size wire and wick to get because so many people are using differnt sizes depending on their preferance. Any suggestions? I mostly smoke cigarillos and have cut back to one a day but I could easily vape all day if I could get clean flavor and thick smoke allday.

I don't find the pull of the protank to "airy" as I've seen many people call it and if I can find the items I need I'll attempt a rebuild tomorrow and possibly grab another tank so I can carry different flavors without having to dump my leftovers.

~Drew

P.S. where does everyone get their e liquids? I've noticed that ever since I've switched to the mini pro the juice goes faster but I also started buying my juice from a new local source because I wanted 6mg and the place with thicker liquid only went down to 12mg.

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

You will find that there are a lot of helpful people here and someone will be able answer just about any question that you might have. I am pretty new to vaping myself so I am not the best person for info :laughing:

I have not tried many but the most popular juice providers seem to be the following:

http://www.fuzionvapor.com/

http://www.ecblendflavors.com/

http://www.flatlineliquids.com/

There are many more suppliers out there, you might check out the "supplier reviews" section on here... lots of good info!

Thanks for the help I'll search through those sites and make an order of some juices. I want the order to be worth waiting for so I'll have to pick up 1 or 2 bottles.... yea right I'm going to order like 5 and be set for a while. 5ml of juice doesn't take that long to go through a protank.

Does anyone here refrigerate their e juice or do you just leave it next to your vape pen like I do? I was told you're supposed to refridgerate them but they're always just sitting on a shelf in stores so I like to keep it close.

~Drew~

P.S. I found the edit button yay!

Edited by Drewet88

All three vendors that Havamal recommended are solid and give great customer service. Definitely worth waiting for in my opinion BUT!

You knew there was a but in there, right? :D

Juices are so subjective. What's great to one person will taste like old socks to another. The only way to find out what works for you is to try it for yourself.

I don't think I know anyone who refrigerates their juices, just keep them in a cool, dark-ish place.

As for the gurgle, you just take the tank off your battery, hold a tissue loosely underneath the part that connects to the battery, blow gently into the mouth piece to remove the excess liquid. The gurgling means that you got some e-liquid inside your center post. Make sure to dab out any liquid on the connection part of your battery as well. That should take care of it. :)

Thanks for the info, I just ordered a few juices that seemed good in different ratios. I read the PG is the throat hit and the VG is the vapor. I'm currently vaping 60/40 PG/VG (I never tried a different ratio before) so I ordered some in that ratio, 50/50 and 40/60. I'm looking for less of a throat hit so I can vape all day I may even get a few 0mg just to vape for flavor but that will be after I find a ration I like. Thanks for the tips on gurgling, I'll add some napkins and maybe even a pipe cleaner to my carry case.

Just ordered some 3mm silica wire and it came with some free wire so I'll get to attempt my first rebuild soon.

P.S. I also learned that the smoke shop I go to charges the same price for a 5ml bottle that ECBlend charges for 30ml. I feel like I've been getting ripped off lol especially considering that I've been buying a lot of bottles trying out all of their flavors. I'll probably still buy from them occasionally but I ordered a good supply so I'll be set in a week or two.

~Drew~

Welcome!

Like tam said about cleaning to get rid of gurgling.

Storing any extra liquid in a cool dark place helps preserve the liquid. I always have several flavors close at hand. I like 3 ml bottles for daily use and keep the rest in a cool space.

Sorry no help with rebuild abeles or liquid. All of my liquids are DIY.

As far as parts....backups, backups, backups

One thing I want to add, I questioned the same issue about juice turning dark - in my case, I questioned it when it happened in one day (you look up the post under threads that I've started). Any time you expose juice to heat, that will happen. I only noticed it because I would say, have 1/2 a tank of a full sized Pro Tank 2, and add my juice to top it off for the day, and I could see the different colors mixing. But if you are getting a burned taste, you probably did the right thing by changing your coil. I'm surprised the coil lasted you that long, frankly.

I get most of my juice at either an online/storefront shop locally - www.bettervapes.com

OR

I get one flavor from this place:

http://www.chi-townvapers.com/

I also got to

www.vapedudes.com

There's a new one I picked up at a local shop - Vapor Beast, but so far in the past week, I've had a problem with them having my two juices in stock on their website, so I can't say whether I would recommend them or not.

I get one flavor from Alt Cig - there's is the only Irish Cream I've found that even resembles Bailey's to me (I don't drink coffee, and can't stand the taste of it, so Irish coffee flavor does me no good, lol), but I've not tried their other flavors.

But I am fairly new to this (the end of July), and I've been pretty happy with most of the flavors I've found so far, so I haven't gone experimenting with other vendors just yet, and as I'm married, I get the "how many flavors do you need" thing from my spouse, since he only vapes three juices (which probably explains why gets vapor's tongue so frequently).

I know, for example, some people swear by Sweet Vapes, though I've never tried any of their flavors myself.

Basically, what I do, is when someone mentions a site, or mentions where they bought x juice, I go to that site and bookmark it. I also look at phil busardi's reviews at tasteyourjuice.com - but again, taste is subjective. There is also another site that I haven't actually PURCHASED any of their recommendations, but they have reviews of a whole bunch of different flavors: http://www.vaporrater.com/all.php

Again, taste is really subjective. For instance, my hubby and I both vape a local juice called 618 (named after our area code). It tastes different to him than it does to me.

I hope this helped.

Rebuild materials:

Wire:

- TEMCo (I buy both resistance and non resistance wire here. Have flat ribbon too. Super cheap)

http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/search.html?category=Wire

Wick and mesh:

- The House of Vapor (best price I have found for Silica wick, good price for SS mesh)

http://www.thehouseofvapor.com/Bulk_Silica_Wick_p/bulk-wick.htm

- PBDragon

https://www.pbdragon.com/lair/26-wick-and-wire

Welcome!

Like tam said about cleaning to get rid of gurgling.

Storing any extra liquid in a cool dark place helps preserve the liquid. I always have several flavors close at hand. I like 3 ml bottles for daily use and keep the rest in a cool space.

Sorry no help with rebuild abeles or liquid. All of my liquids are DIY.

As far as parts....backups, backups, backups

I am going to have to dedicate a liquid spot where we can all set our flavors. There are already a few flavors that I know I'm going to buy the big bottles of and I was just wondering about storage and now I'm learning about seeping, I have never purposely let anything seep before so thats another new thing for me. This forums has made me realize how much the local smoke shop doesn't know lol.

Yes I am seeing backups are a necessity, I just bought my mom and girlfriend different eGo pens (1 twist and 1 plain eGo) and they love them so I know I need even more backup parts now just so they don't use a mishap as an excuse to go back to analogs. My house smells delicious with everyone vaping lol. I am going to get more tanks and eventually more pens but slowly because I see how easy it is to turn this into an expensive hobby.

One thing I want to add, I questioned the same issue about juice turning dark - in my case, I questioned it when it happened in one day (you look up the post under threads that I've started). Any time you expose juice to heat, that will happen. I only noticed it because I would say, have 1/2 a tank of a full sized Pro Tank 2, and add my juice to top it off for the day, and I could see the different colors mixing. But if you are getting a burned taste, you probably did the right thing by changing your coil. I'm surprised the coil lasted you that long, frankly.

I get most of my juice at either an online/storefront shop locally - www.bettervapes.com

OR

I get one flavor from this place:

http://www.chi-townvapers.com/

I also got to

www.vapedudes.com

There's a new one I picked up at a local shop - Vapor Beast, but so far in the past week, I've had a problem with them having my two juices in stock on their website, so I can't say whether I would recommend them or not.

I get one flavor from Alt Cig - there's is the only Irish Cream I've found that even resembles Bailey's to me (I don't drink coffee, and can't stand the taste of it, so Irish coffee flavor does me no good, lol), but I've not tried their other flavors.

But I am fairly new to this (the end of July), and I've been pretty happy with most of the flavors I've found so far, so I haven't gone experimenting with other vendors just yet, and as I'm married, I get the "how many flavors do you need" thing from my spouse, since he only vapes three juices (which probably explains why gets vapor's tongue so frequently).

I know, for example, some people swear by Sweet Vapes, though I've never tried any of their flavors myself.

Basically, what I do, is when someone mentions a site, or mentions where they bought x juice, I go to that site and bookmark it. I also look at phil busardi's reviews at tasteyourjuice.com - but again, taste is subjective. There is also another site that I haven't actually PURCHASED any of their recommendations, but they have reviews of a whole bunch of different flavors: http://www.vaporrater.com/all.php

Again, taste is really subjective. For instance, my hubby and I both vape a local juice called 618 (named after our area code). It tastes different to him than it does to me.

I hope this helped.

Yea I probably used the coil longer than the norm and I tasted the burnt taste for a day or two before I changed it out. (Had an extra coil the whole time just never realized it was sitting in the box). When I changed it I realized how nasty the other coil had gotten but I blamed the liquid because it darkened and I didn't know they did that over time. (5ml of skittles wasted btw, i poured it out thinking I stored it wrong).

I ordered from ECBlend this time and I'll be looking at different places real soon. I have 2 other people to stock up so I think the collection will be nice real soon.

Rebuild materials:

Wire:

- TEMCo (I buy both resistance and non resistance wire here. Have flat ribbon too. Super cheap)

http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/search.html?category=Wire

Wick and mesh:

- The House of Vapor (best price I have found for Silica wick, good price for SS mesh)

http://www.thehouseofvapor.com/Bulk_Silica_Wick_p/bulk-wick.htm

- PBDragon

https://www.pbdragon.com/lair/26-wick-and-wire

Thanks for the info I had just purchased some silica wick and wire from eBay but I will still look into these sites and see what they have. SS mesh I see people talk about it all the time still unsure what it is but I'll try a simple rebuild before I start trying new things. 1 step at a time lol.

Thanks for the info I had just purchased some silica wick and wire from eBay but I will still look into these sites and see what they have. SS mesh I see people talk about it all the time still unsure what it is but I'll try a simple rebuild before I start trying new things. 1 step at a time lol.

Before you start to rebuild your own coils I would strongly recommend getting an ohm meter so you can find out what ohms you're building in the coil before putting it on your pen battery.

And getting back ups for your back ups like Kitsune said is a very valuable piece of advice. :D

Thanks again forgot yesterday was a holiday so I guess my package will be put in the mail today.

I will definitely be picking up an ohm meter so I can rebuild these heads and see if I can get some more flavor out of my protank, I'll be going to the store today to pick up some EVOD coils to see if I can notice a difference because the replacement heads that came with my tank don't seem to taste right but it could just be my tastebuds.

Worst case scenario I just have more heads to rebuild which just means more replacements waiting for me.

~Drew~

I am going to have to dedicate a liquid spot where we can all set our flavors. There are already a few flavors that I know I'm going to buy the big bottles of and I was just wondering about storage and now I'm learning about seeping, I have never purposely let anything seep before so thats another new thing for me. This forums has made me realize how much the local smoke shop doesn't know lol.

Yes I am seeing backups are a necessity, I just bought my mom and girlfriend different eGo pens (1 twist and 1 plain eGo) and they love them so I know I need even more backup parts now just so they don't use a mishap as an excuse to go back to analogs. My house smells delicious with everyone vaping lol. I am going to get more tanks and eventually more pens but slowly because I see how easy it is to turn this into an expensive hobby.

Yea I probably used the coil longer than the norm and I tasted the burnt taste for a day or two before I changed it out. (Had an extra coil the whole time just never realized it was sitting in the box). When I changed it I realized how nasty the other coil had gotten but I blamed the liquid because it darkened and I didn't know they did that over time. (5ml of skittles wasted btw, i poured it out thinking I stored it wrong).

I ordered from ECBlend this time and I'll be looking at different places real soon. I have 2 other people to stock up so I think the collection will be nice real soon.

I've had some Evods that the coil lasted what seemed like forever - at least a month....and then I've had others (and Davides and Pro Tanks) where they've lasted no time at all - one Evod the coil lasted quite literally a day and a half, and some members have had the experience with the Davides and Pro Tanks that the coils that come with them don't work at all, but I've been lucky in that they do, but my Davide seems to be (possessed) really sensitive to how well a coil works before it gets wonky (for some reason, unlike my other tanks, the Davide seems to get too airy when the coil isn't "up to snuff" for me, rather than exceptionally tight, like with my other tanks, but the Davide is an airier draw anyway, for me). I even had one coil that I put brand new into the Davide from a Kanger package that didn't work at all, and one that lasted maybe a week. The quality control on the coils isn't so great, so keep a supply on hand. And the backups, backups, backups rule is definitely a good rule of thumb.

Thanks again forgot yesterday was a holiday so I guess my package will be put in the mail today.

I will definitely be picking up an ohm meter so I can rebuild these heads and see if I can get some more flavor out of my protank, I'll be going to the store today to pick up some EVOD coils to see if I can notice a difference because the replacement heads that came with my tank don't seem to taste right but it could just be my tastebuds.

Worst case scenario I just have more heads to rebuild which just means more replacements waiting for me.

~Drew~

What resistance coils are you using now? Well, people on this board use a wide range of resistances, I generally prefer the 2.5 resistance, though. YMMV. But yes, tastebuds can definitely change, even after you've been vaping for a year, or you could have developed vaper's tongue (pretty sure hubby runs with vaper's tongue at least 50% of the time right now, because he MAINLY vapes one juice), or, I believe, dehydration can even affect how well you taste your vape. OR, you said you ordered different PG/VG ratios, and that could make a difference, although unless it comes from the manufacturer at a different ratio with no option to change it (Vapor Beast) or the manufacturer makes it standard with a different ratio, or recommends a different ratio (as long as it's heavier on the PG side), I usually stick to 50/50, but again, some other members prefer other ratios, and since taste is subjective, again, YMMV.

At first I was using the 1.8 coil that came with my protank 2 but I couldn't taste my apple candy from vaporall anymore (tasted fine the day before but that was in my mini protank), since it was the only flavor I had on me that day I continued to vape it so I wouldn't grab an analog. When I got home I took out that coil thinking it was burnt and put in a 2.5, same problem so I switched to my mini (which was full of mango) and it was fine for about 5 mins then I couldn't taste that either :(. So then I cleaned out the protank 2 and refilled it with pineapple and I refilled the mini with some Dragons Passion and I let them sit all night I haven't tried to vape it yet.

The more I tried the worse things tasted (besides those few minutes after I ate a bowl of grapes) so I just wrote that last post and retired for the night. It was probably vapors tongue because I was studying a lot yesterday (hours and hours) and vaping throughout the entire study session and it was the same flavor all day. My vape is sitting next to me and I just had a cup of coffee so I'll test it right now............

The Dragons Passion taste is better but I still don't feel like it tastes like it should, I still can't taste the pineapple but I only have these fruity flavors to test from I probably need something stronger to wake up my tastebuds. I'll just grab some menthol juice and maybe one of those disposable atomizers for the next day or so. O yeah and all of my juices are currently 60pg/40vg the other ratios haven't came yet but I'm hoping this taste problem is gone before they arrive, order status is still awaiting shipment so I should have some time to battle this problem.