Joye510 Battery/charger Problem?

Help!!!!!!! I got my Joye510 (2 attys, 2 man batts and a wall charger) on Monday. I was loving it, good vapor production, size, etc), and have been off analogs for 4 1/2 days now. This morning, both batteries (or the charger) appear to be dead. The charger has a green light when I plug it in, so it appears to be getting juice...but when I plug the batts in, the light stays a dim green (never goes red or flashing between green/red). If I push the buttons on the batts, the LED doesn't light, or flash (blue or red). I checked the batts and charger for the presence of juice (e-liquid, not electricity), none seen. Right now, at my husband's suggestion I placed a batt in the carger and am not touching it for 8 hours to see if function returns. Has anyone esle seen this, or does anyone have suggestions? For now, I'm back on my 801, but it doesn't keep me off the anlaogs like the Joye does.

Thanks for any suggestions/help.

Without having the unit in front of me it's hard to tell if it's the batteries or the charger, but I'm leaning more towards the charger.

If you purchased from a US supplier they should warranty the items. Shoot them an email and get it replaced.

If they wont replace then just shoot them. (just kidding)

Help!!!!!!! I got my Joye510 (2 attys, 2 man batts and a wall charger) on Monday. I was loving it, good vapor production, size, etc), and have been off analogs for 4 1/2 days now. This morning, both batteries (or the charger) appear to be dead. The charger has a green light when I plug it in, so it appears to be getting juice...but when I plug the batts in, the light stays a dim green (never goes red or flashing between green/red). If I push the buttons on the batts, the LED doesn't light, or flash (blue or red). I checked the batts and charger for the presence of juice (e-liquid, not electricity), none seen. Right now, at my husband's suggestion I placed a batt in the carger and am not touching it for 8 hours to see if function returns. Has anyone esle seen this, or does anyone have suggestions? For now, I'm back on my 801, but it doesn't keep me off the anlaogs like the Joye does.

I have had that problem before. A new charger worked... but after a few weeks the same thing happened, this time I didn't replace it. I purchased a USB charger and plugged the batteries into my computer and voila after fully charged, they worked like new... and when the battery was out of juice, some reason the wall charger started charging them again.... What I think is happening, is there is still a slight charge on the battery, not enough turn on the atomizer or LED circuit, but enough for the wall charger to think it already has a charge... the usb and PCC chargers seem able to charge a half charge battery, while the wall charger is hit or miss whether it wants to or not... hope that helps.

I recommend getting an extra charger, like a usb charger.

I have a issue with one battery not blinking when its dead but it charges fine on the wall or usb and functions normally but i ordered a new kit due to my battery age just in case..

• 2 weeks later...

I've had one or two small issues with my wall charger where it partially charges the battery and then goes green (on a 510). I noticed it when the battery was dead and then showed full charge way too quickly. I would unscrew the battery and then screw it back in and it would go back to charging. One thing that I have noticed is that there tends to be what looks like black carbonized gunk that builds up on the threads of the atomizer and battery after some use. I try to clean both thoroughly whenever I see it. Not sure if that build up tends to give a bad connection with the battery and stop the charger from working correctly.

Shane

I've had one or two small issues with my wall charger where it partially charges the battery and then goes green (on a 510). I noticed it when the battery was dead and then showed full charge way too quickly. I would unscrew the battery and then screw it back in and it would go back to charging. One thing that I have noticed is that there tends to be what looks like black carbonized gunk that builds up on the threads of the atomizer and battery after some use. I try to clean both thoroughly whenever I see it. Not sure if that build up tends to give a bad connection with the battery and stop the charger from working correctly.

Shane

I make sure to clean the threads often because it does make a difference. Having a clean connection between the atty and the batt helps it perform at it's best. But I'm pretty sure the threads on the charger end are pretty dirty as well. I've been wanting to clean it, but I'm just not sure how to take the thing apart. I'll probably attempt to do it one day, but for now I have another charger on hand so I'm good.

You do need to clean the threads on the battery, atty, and inside the charger. This problem happens to me every week. I have 2 wall chargers and a car charger used by 3 people all day long... things get dirty!!!!

Q-Tips are your friends as are tissues. If you need to get extreme, you can get a can of electronic cleaner. It's a spray safe for any electic equipment, spray it on your contact in the charger and then Q-Tip that bish up. Also, the center stud in the charger is on a spring so yopu can get the tip in there too to clean it out.

• 3 weeks later...

ok. same thing is happening to me...

it started a couple days ago.

first one of my bats dies (nothing new, i was about that time for the charge to run out), but the led stayed lit... and it wouldn't activate the "charging" lights in either the charger or the PCC. the led stayed on for a day or so before going out, but still no reaction from chargers.

wall charger and PCC still charging remaining batts just fine (the other original that came with a lit, and a stainless one o got a couple weeks after i got the lit).

then yesterday my stainless one did the same thing. the led is STILL lit and now neither "dead" bat, nor my one remaining good bat will charge.

they were all doing what the original poster described. making the green charger light go dam. however, i unplugged the wall charger and plugged it back in. now the green light is dim, and when i put a bat in it goes bright, lol. still, no charge.

i now have 2 dead bats and a useless charger.... all in a 3-4 day period.

advice? i have only had these for about 2 1/2 months...

the one good thing is i had these for sale in the classifieds section... i would have felt awful if i had sold these and this had happened to whoever bought them!

Well for one ALWAYS keep your threads clean. but if you read that previous person had a bad charger. So I would say try a new charger. And make sure your pcc is charged. (just saying) but it really sounds like a bad charger if the threads are clean. That or your batteries decided to die after 2.5 months. Does this happen with all batteries or does it just happen with those ones you mention?

Jason

ElectroNicStix.com

for $12.00 you can get an adapter that lets you put your 510 atty on your 801 batteries.This gives you 280mAh for less than the mega batteries and you already have them and a charger.

Well for one ALWAYS keep your threads clean. but if you read that previous person had a bad charger. So I would say try a new charger. And make sure your pcc is charged. (just saying) but it really sounds like a bad charger if the threads are clean. That or your batteries decided to die after 2.5 months. Does this happen with all batteries or does it just happen with those ones you mention?

Jason

ElectroNicStix.com

i ALWAYS wipe the threats and center contact off before putting batts in charger or PCC. i know it's not from juice or dirt. i had 3 batts. one is fine, the two others (within a day of eachother) failed in the same way: they both ran out (as usual, when hey were supposed to, after a normal 1-2 hour vaping cycle) BUT the LEDs stayed lit and they both would no longer charge (in either charger) or even activate the charger/pcc indicator lights. the Black bat, that died first... it's led went out sometime within 24 hours of dying. the stainless one dies going on 48 hours ago and the LED is STILL on.

PCC works fine with my one remaining batt.

also, i got sick in late october and didn't vape for about a month... i even put my while rig up for sale in the classifieds section here. then a started again about a week ago...

meaning i really only "used" the probucts for 1.5 months.

3 bats and 3 attys being rotated over a month and a half, even with heavy vaping, should still be going strong... in my opinion.

i am less concerned with getting the replaced or warentees than i am with "what happened"... so it doesn't happen again.

Edited by Stirfry