Got my buddy wanting to start vaping. Opinions on what to buy?

DanO

Like the title says my good friend(smoker) took a few puffs from my Vamo V3/protech tank the other day and wants me to get him one now! I am still a total newbie and I am still trying to learn and understand all of the lingo, brands/models, ohms/watts/volts, ect... That being said, the only one I have had any experience with is the Vamo. I have been very happy with it so far and was going to get him one also but I wanted to ask you guys before I pulled the trigger. Is there a better setup to get started with than a V3 and a Protank? I was looking at this stainless one with the nicer batteries and charger: http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004394/1395800-vamo-v3-variable-voltage-mod-e-cigarette-battery

Money is not a huge issue but keeping it under $100 for everything would be nice. Let me know what you guys think!

I would have a noob start with Vision Clearomisers or a Vivi Nova on a fixed voltage device.And spend time getting used to it and trying out the variouse liquids.If you notice in the help it broke thread it is mostly noobs trying to figure out what to do with variable voltage/watts or how to wind coils.But that's just me.

newbies need Njoy convenience store ciggs to quit first. Then when they find out they can do thsi they can start with a battery or three and some carts or small tanks. half the fun of this is slowly learning and progressing. No cadillacs as they can overwhelm a new guy.

Sounds like a leap of faith for your buddy's first setup. A friend of mine (my first and only convert) borrowed an eGo C-twist with a mini ProTank and loved it, in part due to its low-profile (we all wanted it to look like a cigarette at first, right?). Even with that setup, the variable voltage seemed to intimidate him.

I started with Blu's and despite wasting a TON of money at first, it still may be the way to go if someone's not completely sold on the idea of going to vapor.

Now, if I could just get my friend to get his own setup so I can get my gear back...

-K

newbies need Njoy convenience store ciggs to quit first. Then when they find out they can do thsi they can start with a battery or three and some carts or small tanks. half the fun of this is slowly learning and progressing. No cadillacs as they can overwhelm a new guy.

That's how I started... with a Blu and then a small kit with 10ml juice and it worked. YA!

• 2 weeks later...

I may be different than others here... but I actually don't think starting with a cheap/disposable/gas station e-cig is a smart choice. Afterall, the first experience the person is likely going to have is an unpleasant one. Why not increase the odds of a 'great first vape' by using our knowledge of these products and start them off with something better/decent?? I mean really... a 'bottom coil tank', or something similar, and a decent battery to pair with it... doesn't really cost all that much these days. If I were just starting... I would be thrilled if the very first thing I vaped was a 'BCC clearo' and an 'eGo-type' battery! Not that the little 'cig-a-like' batts don't have their place... but it may just not be the very 'best' thing to offer to someone that we are really actually trying to impress with this thing we call 'electronic cigarettes and vaping'. Just my .02 cents on it.

I may be different than others here... but I actually don't think starting with a cheap/disposable/gas station e-cig is a smart choice. Afterall, the first experience the person is likely going to have is an unpleasant one. Why not increase the odds of a 'great first vape' by using our knowledge of these products and start them off with something better/decent?? I mean really... a 'bottom coil tank', or something similar, and a decent battery to pair with it... doesn't really cost all that much these days. If I were just starting... I would be thrilled if the very first thing I vaped was a 'BCC clearo' and an 'eGo-type' battery! Not that the little 'cig-a-like' batts don't have their place... but it may just not be the very 'best' thing to offer to someone that we are really actually trying to impress with this thing we call 'electronic cigarettes and vaping'. Just my .02 cents on it.

I have to agree... I started with a ego t & a C5 and a friend of mine started with the gas station e-cig type... I have not had an analog since, but he kept on smoking until I talked him into a similar set up. He was just not getting a good experience from the other, once he broke down and bought the better set up, he has not smoked since...

The two vape shops that we frequent here in our area both advise AGAINST starting with the cigalikes, because you have to pull harder to get the throat hit, plus, it ends up being more expensive than this route, and most people don't have a good experience with it. Those two shops have had numerous customers that originally tried to quit with, generally, Blu e-cigs, and didn't have a good experience, and went back to smoking, until they found the vape shops.