Just getting into DIY

Rattlehead

I figured I'd try my hand at DIY eLiquid and it actually turned out great! Tastes better than the premade stuff I had been buying and its waaay cheaper.

I purchased the large 1 liter bottle of 100mg nicotine liquid, 500ml bottle of PG, 500ml bottle of VG, and a 10ml bottle of Virginia Tobacco flavoring from MyFreedomSmokes.com for around $145, which is a big investment but I'm thinking its going to last a loooong time. I was paying $19 per 30ml bottle (12mg nic) of the premixed stuff.. With the DIY liquid I bet I'm spending less than $1.75 per 30ml bottle. Love it!

eliquid.jpg

I also bought some sweet flavors like caramel and TFA butterscotch, but they taste like they could use a little additional sweetening. Are there any sweeteners that I can buy locally, and if so where?

Edited by Rattlehead

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I usually do not buy Nicotine in that large of bottles as I am afraid it might go bad before I use it all up. VG I get at the local Walmart store fairly cheaply. BUT I will check on the internet before buying next time. I wish there was a local Farm store close by to check on their PG.

I usually do not buy Nicotine in that large of bottles as I am afraid it might go bad before I use it all up. VG I get at the local Walmart store fairly cheaply. BUT I will check on the internet before buying next time. I wish there was a local Farm store close by to check on their PG.

So long as you keep NIC in a brown bottle, in a dark area, and have tight lid on it, it will last quite a while. You know its getting old when it starts turning a yellowish color. PG and VG are preservatives and have a long self life. The flavorings on the other hand can only be stored for a couple years to a year tops. Always check the expiration dates when buying bulk. Generally you don't want to buy more that you can use over 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...

The cheapest place I found it lately is My Freedom Smokes. BUT check on the internet as prices change monthly.

Agree on My Freedom Smokes. Great prices, selection, service and fast shipping. I ordered a 250ml bottle of nic liquid and got it in two days. Good DIY flavor selection, too. I just ordered several new tobacco flavors and can't wait to mix a batch. Also, check around for coupon codes. You can always find one for at least 5% off your order. They just had a Black Friday sale with 17% off and free shipping so accept their email newsletters.

I figured I'd try my hand at DIY eLiquid and it actually turned out great! Tastes better than the premade stuff I had been buying and its waaay cheaper.

I purchased the large 1 liter bottle of 100mg nicotine liquid, 500ml bottle of PG, 500ml bottle of VG, and a 10ml bottle of Virginia Tobacco flavoring from MyFreedomSmokes.com for around $145, which is a big investment but I'm thinking its going to last a loooong time. I was paying $19 per 30ml bottle (12mg nic) of the premixed stuff.. With the DIY liquid I bet I'm spending less than $1.75 per 30ml bottle. Love it!

eliquid.jpg

I also bought some sweet flavors like caramel and TFA butterscotch, but they taste like they could use a little additional sweetening. Are there any sweeteners that I can buy locally, and if so where?

I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard a while back that what they use for cotton candy flavoring is just a sweetener that happens to taste like cotton candy for some reason, and apparently some people use that to sweeten their juices... Now, I've tried it with wintergreen and spearmint, and I've tried it with my s'mores juice(the chocolate I have is bittersweet), and it seems to have worked quite well with those. Not sure exactly how it'll turn out with the other flavors you mentioned, but give it a try. Just don't add too much at a time. Some sites do have actual sweetener listed too. I think in most cases it's sucralose.