Flying Revisited

jonnoh

A couple of weeks ago I flew Malaysian Airlines from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket. My pv (ego twist with vivi nova) scanned through security with no problem along with my zip pack of extra batteries, charger, liquids, and backup tanks. Then as we were taxiing toward the runway, the co pilot came on with the usual this is co pilot blah blah blah welcome aboard Malaysia Airlines flight blah blah blah, this is a no smoking flight including electronic cigarettes!!!!!! Sheesh! I thought maybe it was a fluke because the scanning people told the pilot I had that thing with me but NO! Got the same announcement on the return flight! Fortunately that flight is only a little over an hour, so I didn't test to see if vapour can set off the smoke detector in the lav. Hell I hardly had time to finish the meal.

It wont set off a smoke detector. However a detector could be made that would detect vapor.

It will probably happen in the near future that planes will be refit with smoke and vapor detectors in the restrooms but it will be a while.

Meanwhile vape away in the lav!

It wont set off a smoke detector. However a detector could be made that would detect vapor.

It will probably happen in the near future that planes will be refit with smoke and vapor detectors in the restrooms but it will be a while.

Meanwhile vape away in the lav!

If they try to start detecting vapor, I would start using an inhaler to set if off and show them the error of their ways :evil:

On a recent flight to Maui, I, too, was curious about E-Cigs on board. While it is presently ok to vape in terminals, universally, E-Cigs are not allowed on the aircraft, and I was reluctant to test the "smoke" detector in the lav, so, while standing near the galley when the stew's were up front, I snuck a few hits here and there. What a let down! Due to the pressurized cabins you only get about 50% power and hit! Also, we attended a graduation held in the OUTSIDE sports stadium. Upon entering, a large sign spelled out items that were disallowed -the usual firearms, liquor, ice chests, etc, and the last item: ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES!