Wow, french vanilla sticks around; and CAN you clean a coil so that those "sticky flavors" don't hang around?

Okay, so since I put my french vanilla into my black evod, I had never tried switching it out for another flavor, much less a lighter flavor. I'm still having problems with my Davide, and it's pulling airy on hubby's provari, so unless I can get airflow regulator, that's just going to have to sit aside. That was FILLED with my leftover 618 supply, and I missed my 618. I offered to trade hubby the Davide for his cartomizer with the 618 in it, but he refused, because you can't push as much power through the Davide as you can a cartomizer with a 4 something resistance (I think that's what he said).

So I emptied out my black evod, cleaned it out, but didn't much pay attention to whether the flavor would stick with the wick, as some flavors do. Put most of the 618 from the Davide into the Evod. Tried it out last night, and the fr vanilla overpowered the 618 BADLY. So, this morning, after vaping on it some more, still fr vanilla mainly, and there was no fr. vanilla in that tank of 618. So I bit the bullet. I changed the coils. Nothing but nice 618 coming through now.

So, another question is, is there anyway I can clean the coil/wick, say with vodka, that will get this remaining taste out? It MAY be a moot point, as when my pro tanks come in, if there is any 618 left in the Evod, I'll just transfer it to the Pro Tank, and I'll put that coil in the PT, and put the fr vanilla coil into whatever tank I decide on for that, possibly. But this also opens my eyes to the fact that I'll likely have the same problem when I go to switch out my milk chocolate evod to something else.

I never clean coils and only use one coil-tank per flavor. I do not think it possible to TRULY remove the flavor from a coil, especially the stronger flavors. You might could go from one fruit to another or from Peppermint to Spearmint without tasting too much of the old flavor but for me, I just have tanks assigned to certain flavors and never really mix them.

I clean coils constantly. I think I have 20 in the rotation now. I usually switch the heads out when they don't perform as well, and always start with a clean head on new flavors. And the Kanger heads are so easy compared to a top wick feed to clean.

Drop the heads in a shot glass and let them tumble under the faucet with very hot water for a couple minutes, then let em soak for at least a half hour. Then drain and refill with alcohol, high % rubbing works fine, and let them soak for at least a couple hours. Then drain and rinse again with hot water. Then allow to dry for a few days. Works great, and helps conserve some cash...

I clean coils constantly. I think I have 20 in the rotation now. I usually switch the heads out when they don't perform as well, and always start with a clean head on new flavors. And the Kanger heads are so easy compared to a top wick feed to clean.

Drop the heads in a shot glass and let them tumble under the faucet with very hot water for a couple minutes, then let em soak for at least a half hour. Then drain and refill with alcohol, high % rubbing works fine, and let them soak for at least a couple hours. Then drain and rinse again with hot water. Then allow to dry for a few days. Works great, and helps conserve some cash...

To be fair, I have never tried cleaning wicks with any of the bottom feeding tanks. I tried with the T2s and never was able to get the previous flavor out of the wicks. As cheap as they are, I just find it easier (for me) to just replace. Its super easy when you have very few flavors you like lol. I try new flavors by dripping just to see if I like the taste, which I usually do not.

Not to hijack, but when you clean, do you keep any sort of track as to the flavors that the coil came out of or are they completely void of the flavor? I have been under the assumption when it starts to taste burned, then the coils is "bad" not "dirty" and have never tried to clean them at all outside of at first when I was using the T2s.

Will this work when you are starting to get a burnt taste to whatever's in the tank as well? Or is that simply a sign that the coil's gone off?

Yes' usually that burnt taste is crud built up on the coil, and cleaning will remove a lt of it

Of course YMMV!

Welp, we don't have vodka on hand, and hubby put the kibosh on me using rubbing alcohol (what if you don't get all of it out?), so cleaning that particular one is going to have to wait until probably this weekend, after I get it initially rinsed out to get the flavor off the wicks - this one has a much lighter flavor, so it's easier to just do the hot water rinse to get the flavor out, I've done it with this one before.

I clean coils a lot , I pop out the post , then grab the flavor wick with locking hemostats and lock the wick in them then I run them under HOT water , then If I think its a strong flavor I will use dish soap and "wash" it . then rinse the fool out of it . I will rinse the coil portion in the same way . I think it works well . but I am not using a lot of bold flavors . I have dont it with cinnamon and it worked for having vanilla afterwords . cant hurt to try it .

Excellent. I'm saving this nugget.

Hubby nixed the rubbing alcohol idea (don't put it in anything that you wouldn't put in your stomach). My normal vape shop recommended vodka or everclear for the soaking, and was as um, aghast as hubby was about the rubbing alcohol idea.