protank issue

my wife and i both have the original kpt. hers keeps leaking. i changed coils on hers and all the juice leaks our but it is not on the battery it just disappears. i have a few extra bases sitting around so i took the new coil and screwed it into the other base. and it is still leaking. if i use her coil in my protank i have no leaks what so ever. my only guess is the leak is coming from where the pyrex is attached to the metal bottom.

thoughts suggestions or ideas?

i did wiggle on it but it seems solid as a rock. i just dont know what else to check. i have kept hers at home over night filled in a upright position and it still leaked over 2ml of juice. if it was the gasket on the coil it should have leaked all my fluid out of my tank. but her coils wark perfectly in my tank with my base. but in hers it just leags, i dont mean flooding like the kpt can i mean it leaks every ml of juice out from full to empty.

i did wiggle on it but it seems solid as a rock. i just dont know what else to check. i have kept hers at home over night filled in a upright position and it still leaked over 2ml of juice. if it was the gasket on the coil it should have leaked all my fluid out of my tank. but her coils wark perfectly in my tank with my base. but in hers it just leags, i dont mean flooding like the kpt can i mean it leaks every ml of juice out from full to empty.

Sucks. May be time for a KPT2 or a Davide?

I was going to say, it could just be a faulty tank. When I watched pbusardo's review of the PT2/mini PT/Davide (and comparison), he kept talking about this rubbery taste he was getting. Finally he switched out the coils, and he was still getting a little bit of the rubbery taste, but not as much (I guess whatever was on the first coil causing it could have left residue in the juice?), but I've never had that problem. Also, same review, the PT2 that he was provided with by Kanger, if you screwed it down all the way on the APV, it's like all the air holes were sealed up, he couldn't vape with it at all. BUT, the PT2 that one of the vendors provided him with, if he screwed it down all the way on the APV, it was fine and he could vape with it nicely.

Yea wasn't sure what that had to do with leaking out overnight.

That's crazy. Are there orings on the shaft on the KPT 1? In the bottom? Sounds like a missing seal of some sort whether it be where the tank meets the metal or within the shaft.

Well it can't be in the shaft, that would flood the coil and you said it wasn't flooded.

Spyder.... I don't think he asking about the functionality or the vaping experience of the protank. He is asking why it's leaking so profusely with a brand new coil in it.

Right, Medic. I was speculating that it could be faulty. Or I guess could have gotten knocked into a faulty position.

that is a possibility. hopefully its an easy fix by just using a little epoxy on the metal and glass and hopefully it would fix the issue :/

Epoxy for tanks and small stuff, for everything else, duct tape it, lol.

I dropped my KPT2 and it immediately started leaking right where the pyrex tank meets the metal mouthpiece. I still have it, and to this day, I swear I can not find ANY visible damage. I can only assume I compromised whatever is used to seal the top of the tank.

Just food for thought; she may have jolted it in just the wrong place and killed the seal.

Its not leaking from the pyrex. But it does not leak down the battery either. The juice just seems to vanish. I have even added a 3rd flavor wick because the juice ends up inside the tube that sits on the coil with the rubber plug on it.it has slowed down some but not enough where she can get more than 2 hours use before it leaks.