Hi from TX

grantgirl

Hi everyone, just started vaping 3 weeks ago and it just rocks! I'm just interested in learning everything I can about it so I'm joining. I'm already pretty convinced I want to open a store but have no idea how to learn enough about it that I could do that, but I'm so passionate about it like I've never been about anything in my life. Already switched every smoker I know, and those smokers have switched other smokers. And I'm assuming it will continue from there. Anyways, glad to be here. Look forward to it.

Welcome! Take a newly clean breath and calm down. I would postpone the store plans for a while yet - there is so much more to know. I haven't been vaping much longer than you. Bought my VP around the 17th of last month. Put down analogs for good the 27th of last month, except for a couple slip ups (thus, my reset counter - the last slip up I felt was enough to warrant resetting my counter, in my mind). But the counter is just for me, not for anyone else, really. So that when I tell family I've officially been smoke free since x date, I don't forget when the last time I had an analog was (someone I'm on this journey with, who's ACTUAL last analog was 7/27, and although that person has been tempted, has not given in - although to be fair, my last slip up day, I was around people with analogs, and that person wasn't, but I don't think that person would have cheated anyway. It was my piss poor way of dealing with stress).

I'm currently trying to help my almost-aunt switch over, and hoping that my sister will (if I manage to win a contest that gives out a device, I'll hand my starter kit off to one of them and help them get started; my almost-aunt's son has her ego starter kit, but he dosn't use it, so she's waiting for him to bring it back to her, and with my sister, if I THINK if I give her the equipment, and go with her to taste her options, she may give it a try). My Dad, I would like him to, and I've explained that he'll still get the nicotine AND more flavor this way, but at 68, I think it's pretty much a lost cause. He doesn't WANT to quit smoking, and even after he quit once for three months a few years ago, he started up again. He's had to go outside to smoke for 13 years because when Mom quit, she wouldn't let him smoke in the house anymore, and he still smokes. Ha ha, but I get to vape in their house!

I don't know if you've had any analogs since you started vaping (like I said, I still had analogs for a week to 10 days after I started vaping), but if you did, you should have noticed a decided.....lack of taste to them? It got to the point that I would be smoking an analog, and I would be taking hits off my PV to get some flavor kick. This last slip up? Wouldn't have been more than one cigarette probably, if it hadn't been my sister with menthols. I never used to like menthols, but my brain viewed the menthol as a flavor over the tobacco rather than inhaling peppermint (which is what I always compared it to when I was smoking non-menthols).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...