Will this custom setup from MonsterVape be good for a first time e cig/heavy smoker?

Bradb2014

Hello all, first post, cool site, will be checking back from time to time. So i've tried low end vaporizers before, didnt like them...but with the rising costs of cigarettes im forcing myself to suck it up and make the healthy switch to e cigs. I was going to get a low end 40-60 dollar kit to get started but after reading seemed like my best options for being a heavy smoker and needing that reliable hit throughout every cycle on a battery i'd have to invest a little into a higher end system that I could later tweak to my perfection. My ? to some of you experienced e cig vets is, does this 90 dollar vss e go look as sweet as I think, or will I be disappointed and seeking even higher end provari systems (which are out of my budget at the moment). I would get a lower end 40 volt/greensmoke/blu smoke/v2 setup but It just seems with me currently smoking 3 marlboro reds an hour on avg. i'd burn though the battery in a few hours, and those little 2-3.5 ml tanks too fast. The following is what I have in my cart and awaiting some input. Thanks!

Item Qty Price Subtotal EGO BATTERY, VARIABLE VOLTAGE
Product Code: B09 Edit Delete 2 $23.99 $47.98 DRIP TIP, Acrylic, Groovy
[Color: Black]
Product Code: DT04 Edit Delete 1 $3.79 $3.79 510 DCT TANK
[Tank System: 5ml DCT Black ]
Product Code: TK03 Edit Delete 1 $9.99 $9.99 EGO Cartomizer Rubber CAP
Product Code: CP01 Edit Delete 1 $0.49 $0.49 EGO USB CHARGER
Product Code: CH01 Edit Delete 1 $7.89 $7.89 DCT TANK CARTOMIZER, XL
[ohm rating: 2.5 ohm ]
Product Code: C01 Edit Delete 1 $2.99 $2.99 EGO CASE, Colorful
[eGo Case: 4 - Black ]
Product Code: A01 Edit Delete 1 $8.99 $8.99 USA MIX TOBACCO
[Nicotine Level: Medium 18mg ]
Product Code: MJ20 Edit Delete 1 $5.99 $5.99 CARTOMIZER HOLE PUNCH
Product Code: C04 Edit Delete 1 $5.95 $5.95

Agreed, the 1 I have and don't use always needs tweaking. It's not like my protank, just set it on the battery and vape away. Imo the protank is easier to use than a ce4, holds more fluid and provides better hit after hit. Edited by Love2VapeDaily

ok i'll read up on them...thx. So far though the batteries look the same in specs and everything, just the vision spinner is 1 dollar higher...dont really care about the dollar, but anybody else have a perspective as to which battery is more efficient and why? Also could you elaborate on why the dct's are a hassle? The ones you pointed out are only 2.4ml holding capacity...im looking for something that gives solid vapes but holds around twice that amount as to prevent having to fill as often.

I have never seen the batt you linked to before. The Vision Spinners or the Joyetech Twists have a proven track record. The one you linked to appears to be an off brand.

With a Protank or Vivi Nova you just fill and vape. It may take a whole 10 seconds to fill it up. No biggy.

DCT's require punching cartos and they leak.

DCT's are so 2012 :D

I vape a ton, but the dct delivery systems flood frequently, burn up cartomizers and are just a mess. The protank you don't waste fluid if you have to change coils with a full tank. The dct you would have to pull the carto out completely and that means fluid too.the protank is less maintenance.

well im looking at this pro tank and its saying not recommend for vg mixes...use 70%pg or higher...im not sure if i'll be one or the other, guess i'll start with this clearomizer and get a pg/vg mix going and see if I can take a 70 or higher pg mix before I worry about upgrading.

Alright made the leap! I figure why not for a cheaper price then all those above items I got this:

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/ego-1300mah-variable-voltage-evod-and-ce4-kit/

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/kanger-protank-bcc/

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/protank-replacement-coils/

my next ?'s are these: I do not see any wicks with these replacement coils? does the protank not use wicks or do I need to order those seperate? Also anybody round these parts that ust to smoke the marlboro reds suggest a similar flavor/ pg/vg mix/ nic mg? Thanks for all the advice, hope this works, so tired of giving phillip morris all my money haha.

btw im a pack to 1 1/2 packs a day guy, smoking on average 2-3 cigs an hour on my freetime for info. Prepping for the changeover!

It comes with 2 coils if you get the protank in the little black box. The coils do have wicks but it's a bottom feeder or in other words the coil is on the bottom of the tank. The wicks are also short and stay submerged in liquid. It is always a good idea to have extra coils.

Everyone thinks they have to have a 'cigarette" flavored vape juice when they first start ,Me included but honestly for me once I tried really good flavors I realized I hate the taste of cigarettes and I only smoked them for one thing-NICOTINE

once I started getting that from another source-that was it ! yummy apple and vanilla from now on lol .I know a few folks on here like tobacco - but all my friends hate any juice they have gotten .(tobacco)

just for the record i vape 100% VG in my protank and I have two. I have not had any issues besides when i first got mine and tried to use a cotton wick which i found to be too aggressive as if like to flood the coil. BUT!!!! that was more user error then it was a product malfunction.

Ya im totally for changing over to getting my nicotine from something sweeter, i'll be trying apple, cotton candy, vanilla, coffee, and others in the near future im sure. For now though i'll start with something im more familar with...that nasty cigarette taste lol but also cotton candy to try something sweeter.

It's hard to duplicate that cigarette taste. Cigarette tobacco has been treated with chemicals and e juice would mimic non chemically treated tobacco leaves so the chances of you finding a exact match are kinda slim. I have not vaped any tobacco, tried a few but no thanks.

thanks for all the replies, i'll be ordering an atty with a drip tip to start testing different nicquids. Can hardly wait for this stuff to arrive in mail and get started, i know at first its going to be a challenge getting my body ust to it, picking out the right mix and right taste for my liking, but the end results, no more high priced nasty cigs and a healthier living style...my 7 year old will be happy to see his aging father take a turn for the better. Thanks for all the info and I'm sure i'll be back with more ?'s after my new toys arrive.