Battery Going "Rogue"?

A funny thing happened today, and it may just be coincidence, but thought I would throw it out there. I had filled a new T2 with my Candy Cane liquid and vaped all morning on it. The battery died at about a half a tank and I switched to another fully charged identical EgoT1000mah battery. Almost instantly it started tasting like the coil was burned out. I figured maybe I had a bad coil (it happens). So I switched to another freshly filled tank of Spearmint and after a couple draws it tasted the same way. Both tanks now have a couple little black particles floating around in them. The crazy thing is I put both tanks on my Ego Mini 400mah I carry as a backup and no burned taste.

Has anyone ever had a battery that all of a sudden started burning at a higher voltage on its own? This is a first for me.

Once or twice, yes. My batteries charge differently on different wall sockets. I don't know why, but they do.

I would remove the tank, press the button over and over, as if you're vaping, until the freshness is wore off. I don't know if your battery is chronically injured or not, you'll have to decide that for yourself and either keep it or toss it if it vapes correctly after the freshness is wore off. If it happens again, toss it. (in a safety bucket/can for batteries until you can drop it off at RadioShack or wherever). Maybe toss it this time. I really don't know.

Thanks Uma. I wasn't sure, and to be honest now everything seems fine on the tank I have on there now. Gone through about a half a ml with no more funky taste. Maybe it was just coincidence that I popped the coil on the first draw once putting it on the newly charged battery because the taste is still there on the other battery. Going to play it by ear and see what happens. I may have jumped the gun on the post, I just have never noticed any black particles floating around in my liquid but that could just be dirt as I have filled my tanks in all sorts of places and have never really examined them closely. I could have gotten something in there when I changed the coil since my "vape gear maintenance area" is very near my wifes "coffee grinding area".

If it does it again its history, I have a bunch of back ups now. I am also second guessing whether it is just the taste of the coil going out and not wicking very well, gonna change that when I get home. After using the KPT a while the top feeding T2s definitely have a different sort of taste. Looking forward to getting my T3S package Saturday to try the bottomfeeders exclusively for a while.

"taste still on the battery " ? Is that possible? Alcohol and a qtip?

Thats what I did and the qtip was black. I am used to cleaning them every time I charge them as a habit, but I must have missed this one too. As I continue to vape this I am increasingly convinced that I just so happened to blow a coil when I first fired up the freshly charged battery and thought there was something wrong. The residual taste was still on the battery when I put on the fresh tank. All is well now!

I am so impatient, I want my bottom feeding T3S's I ordered to be here today instead of Saturday lol. I cannot wait to compare. I have a feeling, based on the way the KPT works, that I am going to like the bottom feeders better than these top coil T2s. Maybe I can actually finish a tank of Strawberry Fields.

Before I switched from 510 type ecigs I had occasion for one of my batteries to "go Rogue"; it was an automatic and decided to stay on continously burning the Heck out of a cart/head combination and didn't stop until it had devoured itself.

Next day I ordered my Vision Spinner and Protank...

After hearing you go on about Strawberry Fields from Vape Dudes I decided to give it a try. It came in today... along with the watermelon bubble gum. On the Strawberry Fields, is it good right away, or should I let it steep for a bit? :)

Oh. Wow. Since I started vaping over a year ago I've been looking for this strawberry flavor and couldn't find it...until now. Mmmmm, this is really good! Thanks, Bcarter, I'm glad I listened to you. I think I'm going to need a bigger bottle... :D

Oh. Wow. Since I started vaping over a year ago I've been looking for this strawberry flavor and couldn't find it...until now. Mmmmm, this is really good! Thanks, Bcarter, I'm glad I listened to you. I think I'm going to need a bigger bottle... :D

Its a 100ml order flavor for me for sure. Actually thats all I order anymore lol. Spearmint, Candy Cane, and Strawberry Fields. I get extra flavor in the first two but the Strawberry is fine as is.

Its a 100ml order flavor for me for sure. Actually thats all I order anymore lol. Spearmint, Candy Cane, and Strawberry Fields. I get extra flavor in the first two but the Strawberry is fine as is.

Just ordered another 10 ml of Strawberry Fields with extra flavor this time. I really like this as-is but I'm a little flavor challenged so before I buy a large quantity I'd like to see which one is going to be it for me. The flavor is really good, though. I've been vaping it all day. :)