Having bad luck :-/

The RIVA battery I just bought on July 3rd already died. It would only hold a charge for like 4 or 5 hours. I went back to The Vapor Bar and Wendy was real cool and explained to me why the battery crapped out so soon. A combination of not letting the battery die completely before I charge it and using my cellphone wall plug on the USB cord charger they gave me. Because of bad information her employees gave me when I bought it she gave me a new RIVA battery, this one has a passthrough charger. She also gave me a new cord for the passthrough and a wall plug as well. Now an hour after I get it, the button keeps sticking and I have to keep pushing it in order to get it to stop. I just can't win! :-/

post-25327-0-90523200-1374121487_thumb.j

It should be a lith-ion battery and you should be able to charge it at any point without ill effect. The usb plug in point shouldnt matter either. The cord itself should have the transformer and THAT has to be compatible with the battery. Verify that first.

Riva's are a clone of the original eGo, more affordable but not near as well made. Vaping for 6 hours is normal between charges, unless it's a large battery, then you should be getting anywhere from 6-10 hours. (hard to pinpoint when we all vape so differently). The sticky button is unfortunately the most common complaint with the Riva's. I would exchange it right away. They should know about the button and be more than prepared for it. When you can afford it, (which happens overnight once you realize you have enough flavors, attys, and batteries and you don't need to buy any more smokes either), I would invest in the eGo Twist or the Vision Spinner either one. That's not saying they don't have occasional quirksr, but your chances of not getting any are better.

The original eGo's will last a good 6 months before needing replacement, but don't be surprised when you're still vaping them a year or more later. :)

Sorry you're having problems, that really sux. (but that's life, even in the world of vaping. Fortunately, the Vendors and posters usually more than make up for it). :)

I easily get 24 hours out of my 1000mah Egos, 30-36 out of my Spinner 1300mah per charge. Ordered a couple 400mah minis and I get about 10-12 hours out of those, and my wifes new "bedazzled" 650mah designer Egos last about 18-20 hours. Of ocurse everyone vapes differently, but for the most part she and I use the same stuff and we get almost identical time between charges.

My 650mah ego twist lasts me about 12-20 hours depending on if I chain vape or not. I also have a 1300mah battery that lasts up to 72 hours between charges. Lately I been using about 3.2-4 ml per day. With that said I have been charging more often.

She said 8 to 10 hours before having to recharge it, and I miss understood her. On the very first battery I got she said it had to die completely before recharging it, but on the passthrough it can be charged at anytime. I went in today and showed Wendy the button sticking issue and she gave me a new RIVA passthrough. The Vapor Bar is a good store and good people work there, I recommend going there if you are in the McKinney area. Ask for Wendy.

Riva's are a clone of the original eGo, more affordable but not near as well made. Vaping for 6 hours is normal between charges, unless it's a large battery, then you should be getting anywhere from 6-10 hours. (hard to pinpoint when we all vape so differently). The sticky button is unfortunately the most common complaint with the Riva's. I would exchange it right away. They should know about the button and be more than prepared for it. When you can afford it, (which happens overnight once you realize you have enough flavors, attys, and batteries and you don't need to buy any more smokes either), I would invest in the eGo Twist or the Vision Spinner either one. That's not saying they don't have occasional quirksr, but your chances of not getting any are better.

The original eGo's will last a good 6 months before needing replacement, but don't be surprised when you're still vaping them a year or more later. :)

Sorry you're having problems, that really sux. (but that's life, even in the world of vaping. Fortunately, the Vendors and posters usually more than make up for it). :)

You said eGo's last 6 months or more...how long do RIVA batteries normally last? When this one dies I won't get another RIVA, but it has been a good intro battery into vaping. I am leaning towards a Vamo as my next battery, but the size of it is kind of a turn off, I like the thinner smaller size of the RIVA.

Technically the vamo is a mod packed with features normal batteries do not have. It will tell you the ohm of the atty/carto your using, lets you adjust voltage and wattage, has safety features built in and comes in many different colors.

The eGo by Joye (not the clone eGo's), has a warranty of 6 months, because they are so well engineered. They often go over their time span, lasting a good year.

The Riva's are a good clone of eGo Joye, but lack the sophistication to guarantee a warranted time. They last anywhere from a week to a year. It's a roulette wheel, but most of them do last at least 6 months.

There are clone brands out there called eGo that are not made by Joye, and are nothing like the original or the Riva.

The Vamo is pretty nice for an introductory VV/VW mod. It is big, but you can have fun wrapping with Jwraps, to lessen the size shock and increase the fun. I don't like them, but that's a personal preference. Most of the users have become great fans of them for this reason or that. Expect a few good months of trouble free usage out of them, but read the various Vamo threads and watch the various vamo videos to learn what problems to expect, and how to fix them.

The Vision Spinner and eGo Twist are good small VV pv's that most of us old timers like to use, cart around and have in our backup piles. They're pretty nice all the way around. Can't go too much wrong with either one. The Spinner is best for older eyes, because the dial readout is larger.

The main thing is to get the one that catches YOUR fancy, enjoy it, and browse for other ones while you're relaxed and not pressed. Get a feel for what you might like in your replacement, research it while you're relaxed, and plan from there. There are tons of them out there on the market today. The iTasteVV v3 might be a good one for you. It's light, but still has VV and VW both. It's also a passthrough type pv, meaning you can vape it while it's charging in the wall socket. The menu is easy to use too. (I like the itaste much more than the vamo, personally, but that's just my own personal preference and I haven't had it long enough to learn it's weaknesses and quirks or lifespan).