A whole new world...

Dasfriek

Hi!

I've never been a big smoker, But I've used Copenhagen snuff for almost 30 years. I'd have a smoke for pure enjoyment at times tho. I moved to a place I couldn't smoke indoors so I tried Blu e-cigs and was rather disappointed, Both in enjoyment and lack of nicotine. The equipment was temperamental and expensive also.

Recently a vapor shop opened close to where I live and was recommended to me after I tried a family members ego 900mah setup. With no knowledge I was guided at the shop into a great byo setup.

eGo-T 18650 holder as I own several imr cells and Pila charger from my previous flashlight hobby.

2x Kanger MT3 atomizers and spare coils.

Also Buckeye Vapors e-juice.

What I didn't know was that I would stop using the snuff as it wasn't my intention for getting into vapor. But I get queasy if I vape and chew at the same time. Maintenance is a bit higher, But well worth it.

Now I have 2 family members who want me to help get them some good vapor setups and also to get myself something more portable when I'm out of the house.

Any suggestions on a very portable sized pv that's good quality yet somewhat affordable?

I'm also looking to add the Pro tank to my eGo-T or possibly a Vivo Nova tank? Suggestions?

I look forward to learning here and you fine folks helping me spend tons of money but having fun!

for the price i think its an outstanding deal. im getting a ego twist this week. it sucks only having 1 battery. and your very welcome. this site is very informative and people here are very friendly and willing to help.

Can those cells be taken out of the holder so I can buy bare spare cells and just buy 1 spinner?

I wish my lvs had lower prices as they are 50% higher than online dealers. I do like supporting local businesses when possible tho.

I got my spinners for $24.95 each, the 1300mah, from Sweet-Vapes.com. I would love to support local business but in my city of 100k+ there is only a mall kiosk selling knockoff 808 sticks for $40. As far as I know the spinner is solid state and cannot remove the cells. Two batteries of that quality for $50 cant be a bad deal though.

The 1100mah spinner is $25 locally and I may be overlooking the 1300mah one in the store. I have another week before I can snag one tho. I'd prefer a holder that is able to swap cells tho as I'd like to carry a spare cell instead of a separate spinner.

I did get a Protank today and I like it better than the Evod attys, but they will be perfect for new e-juice testing and on the spinners.

They do carry Vivi nova tanks also so I may try one later.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Vivi Novas, I have 4 of the large tanks (both metal and plastic) .. and 7 or 8 of the minis as well as a large assortment of changeable coils in the different ohms.. Its hard to tell someone what is best, cause like taste, its all so subjective. I have a tote full of my beginner/ "finding my me" vape supplies.. 808 batts, cartomizers, blanks, 4 or 5 different vendors clearos etc.. For today... Ive settled on an ego twist and 510 attys for dripping, and my vivi novas for "more socially accepted" moments.. Good luck in finding what works for you !

Can those cells be taken out of the holder so I can buy bare spare cells and just buy 1 spinner?

I wish my lvs had lower prices as they are 50% higher than online dealers. I do like supporting local businesses when possible tho.

No. Generally speaking, eGo setups are proprietary. If you're talking 18650 batteries, you're looking at MODs at this point.

Since everyone else is recommending Spinners / Twists, one of the best variable voltage mods you can get is the Provari. However, that thing is EXPENSIVE!!! And, since you're just starting out, I'd recommend a Vamo as they can be found for around $30, and take 18350, 18490 / 500, and 18650 cells.

Personally, I prefer mechanical mods with low resistance atomizer heads. But that's just me....I've only been at this Vaping thing for a few months, so what do I know?? :lol:

Welcome to VaporTalk, and your new life!!!

Sorry to wait so long to reply, my tablet went to the pawn shop on vacation for a week. Lol

So I've been trying new things in hopes of finding what works best for me.

For one I found out me E-Power 18650 holder sucks at power delivery. I found this out when I tried out a new eGo non spinner and got much better vapor hits. This was across the board with several different tanks I tested.

So yeah, I got a 900mah eGo non spinner which I like but wished I got a spinner instead. I say that as I also got a Vamo V2 also.

It hits like a truck with any tank I put on it.

But I can't figure out the tricks of using VV or VW, Help?

I'm thinking you either use voltage or wattage settings but not both....

I also added a Vision iclear-30 which sucks until you crank it up to 6watts. Is their a guide which suggests hot to use a variable device most effectively?

Also I'm at about 3 weeks with no Copenhagen snuff what so ever, not a bad side effect imo since quitting was never a goal when I began vaping. The Protank hits like a fog machine now and I have to turn things down a tad with such airy devices as this one.

Protank good , told ya!

Set your watts at double your ohms, then play with your volts till you hit the sweet spot, varies with flavors... But it works, well.... Try a 2.2 EVOD head as a replacement ...Big Puffy Clouds!!

I was under the impression it is set to either watts OR voltage, not both at the same time.

I read up on it as much as I could find online about the Vamo.

VOLTAGE settings= steady voltage

WATTS settings= variable voltages set by the resistance of the coil.

If you do try and set it up for both settings it actually just gets set to the last adjustment only.

Am I understanding this right?

I actually am running a 1.8ohm coil in the Protank at 7 watts, very big flavorful hits too!

The highest voltage this Bazinga juice likes is around 3.5v-3.7v in just playing with it last night.

The iclear-30 likes 7+watts or 4v before it even comes alive. And what is so funny is just how weak the E-Power 18650 holder was for me that now everything tastes different with the Vamo.

It makes me want to add an ego spinner instead of using the standard 3.7v non adjustable one I got. Even that holder blew the E-Power away performance wise. I'm thinking it may be defective somehow?

So after 3 weeks of vaping I have 3 power units and 5 tanks to meet my needs, but I do see a need for a spinner to be added and a few more tanks. And btw, luckily I bought 1.8ohm and 2.2ohm and 2.5ohm coils for the Protank and Evods.

I don't think I mentioned it, but Protank coils and Evod coils are NOT perfectly interchangeable with each other as the air intake slot is much deeper on the Protank coils. It also proves it on the coils I have on hand as I drilled out the air holes in the Evods base and flow didn't increase until I used a Protank coil in the Evod, or if I hand file a deeper groove in the coils base.

Variable watt and voltage settings cannot be done at the same time. Furthermore, variable power devices will generally reset to an auto-default, or the last setting entered by the user when switching between watt/volt modes. Somewhere in the wide world of vaping, there may be a device out there that will allow the user to set the wattage, switch modes, and have the readout display the number of volts used to achieve the previous wattage setting given the resistance of the attached device. However, as of this posting, I have no knowledge of any such product.

Edited by CascadianExotics

It would stand to reason the device should report a given voltage being applied when wattage power settings are used. I'd love that option myself. Despite any lack of other options, the Vamo makes vaping extremely pleasurable.

I'm also taking my 18650 E-Power holder in to see about replacement or trading it in on a VV device or spinner is a goal of mine today.

Its bad when a 900mah non-spinner blows an 18650 holder away power wise.