Amazing

It is amazing to me how subjective taste is when it comes to liquids and makes me wonder if reviews are even something to pay attention to lol. Some of the flavors I like the most are those others detest, and flavors I detest are those some seem to like the most. Just a thought after stumbling across a thread on another forum about how disgusting a certain flavor is and that flavor is my all day vape and the best overall I have found after trying at least 50 flavors from 5 different suppliers.

Some people love Dekang, I find it unvapable like many of the flavors I have purchased. I am giving away probably 300ml of assorted liquids to another forum member (if they ever send the flat rate box hmmhmm) and almost all of those got great reviews.

So basically what I am saying is if I like a liquid there is no guarantee anyone else will like it and obviously vice versa. Its just funny how two people can taste exactly opposite things from the same product.

That's the problem with recommending juices and flavors to others. What one finds to be nirvana is another's swill because everyone's taste buds are different. What I've also found is that my own taste buds change with time. My favorite for the longest time can become unpalatable and something I thought was vile can become my all day vape.

Glad you found something that makes you happy! :D

I definitely have, and am done trying new flavors for a while. I am a creature of habit. I drink the same beer (Shiner Bock), the same whiskey (Makers Mark), the same tequila (Patron Resposado), the same soda (Diet Dr Pepper), and for the last 12 years of analogs smoked the same brand (Camel Lights). Having three different flavors I love is even a bit much, and now adding a fourth because my wifes Spearmint has grown on me tremendously lol. Until her 50ml bottle gets here I have been on lockdown from it haha.

I agree with your statement about reviews being of limited use.I have not found many eliquids that I cared for based on positive reviews.I think some are colored by the desire to get freebies to review as I have never watched a bad video review or read many negative typed reviews.You pretty much have to try them all and decide what worx for you.

I mean to me traditional tobacco from my supplier is exactly like an analog or very close at least to me. On another forum there is a 6 page thread bashing it as nothing like tobacco. And I mean forum reviews not the reviews on the supplier sites as they are vetted before posting and can be manipulated.

Me too. I have been baffled by this. Even from the person sitting next to me, lol. I thought about this when I posted my review on vape dudes. I was just excited to finally get some great flavors after trying bunches. Honestly I feel bad if someone takes my word and then finds they hate it although based on what I've tried I find that hard to believe. But it really is subjective and amazingly so.

However I just cracked open the Island Coconut from Vapedudes and I will update my review just to be complete. Hint: cue ukelele..

Tameiki's statement that your taste buds will change in time is pretty dead on. More true to those who've recently quit analogs, as it takes quite a while for your taste buds (and sense of smell....remember, those two senses are endemic to each other) to return to normal. Before I started vaping, I tried a buddy's juice from a vendor who's name I won't drop. It tasted ok to me at the time. But, about 2 or 3 months after starting to vape, I tried it again. After all, it was his FAVORITE that he just ranted and raved about....I had to try it!!! However, this time it had this musty quality to it that I couldn't quite explain. Of course I didn't "know what I was talking about," according to him. But, the big difference between the two of us is that I gave up tobacco completely, while he was still smoking a few cigs every day. Now that I've been vaping for five months solid, I've tried a few things I liked in the beginning, and really can't stand the taste of them any longer. Though, now that my senses have improved some, I'm finding a whole new world of flavors that I may not have liked to start with.

Tameiki's statement that your taste buds will change in time is pretty dead on. More true to those who've recently quit analogs, as it takes quite a while for your taste buds (and sense of smell....remember, those two senses are endemic to each other) to return to normal. Before I started vaping, I tried a buddy's juice from a vendor who's name I won't drop. It tasted ok to me at the time. But, about 2 or 3 months after starting to vape, I tried it again. After all, it was his FAVORITE that he just ranted and raved about....I had to try it!!! However, this time it had this musty quality to it that I couldn't quite explain. Of course I didn't "know what I was talking about," according to him. But, the big difference between the two of us is that I gave up tobacco completely, while he was still smoking a few cigs every day. Now that I've been vaping for five months solid, I've tried a few things I liked in the beginning, and really can't stand the taste of them any longer. Though, now that my senses have improved some, I'm finding a whole new world of flavors that I may not have liked to start with.

I cannot even tell you how true I am finding this. I tried to find that perfect tobacco, and when I did I made sure I had plenty of juice. Certain fruit flavors at first were not good and now I am liking them. The biggest one is Spearmint. I did not like it at first, at all, but now I cannot bring myself to take that tank off lol. Tastes just like doublemint gum. I have been over 45 days without any form of tobacco, and my tastebuds are obviously recovering. Now the Tobacco is good from time to time, but I cannot rave about it like i did the first 2 weeks when I vaped it all day. Just got "Fuzzy Navel" from VapeDudes and it is the bomb, exact on the flavor and great tasting.

Very true guys!! Our tastebuds are so individualized and so ever changing, that the word "subjective" honestly isn't strong or fitting enough. Newbies don't understand this, of course, and I was one of them once upon a time. I mean, come on, it's either good or it's not. WRONG. It's usually both lol. Good today, awful in 3 months, then visa-versa, and then visa-versa again & again!

Perfumey taste? I never ever dealt with perfumey tastes my first year of vaping, but during my second year I tasted quite a few!

Come to find out, those are the ones that need to steep for a few weeks to a few years... depends on how my tastebuds are reacting lol...

I used to love recommending juices, and not I cower. I cower, because I can't handle it when someone knocks a juice I am/was/ madly in love with and recommended to them. I get defensive lol. Especially when they refuse to let it steep to try again later. Dont' they understand??? Don't they get it?? They're missing out on the best ever by being so quick to toss. I'm being downright, SILLY!!!!! I know!!! But, none-the-less, Silly Are I.

and then, I go and do the same thing.... with a new to me brand or flavor that to me is OMGAWFUL....

:facepalm: :rolleyes: