Ohms and Voltage...still lost.

I am buying some Evod replacement coils and T2's.

When looking at buying the replacement wicks and coils, they give you two options:

Evod:

The Evod system comes with a 1.8 Ohm

1.8ohms or 2.5 ohms Replacement Coil

Would the 2.5 be better? The Evod system comes with a 1.8 Ohm

And the T2:

The system comes with 2.0 Ohms

Replacement Coils come as 1.8 Ohms , 2.2 or 2.5 Ohms

The Ego C system I believe is at 3.3 Volts. I don't have a voltage meter, so I am going off the website. Which replacement coils would be better, and last longer?

It is all a matter of personal preference. You pretty much have to try and see what floats your boat. There advantages and drawbacks to all the assorted combinations and the liquid you use also plays a part as some are better hot and some better cooler.

I use either 70Pg /30VG or 80PG/20VG.

I want the system to last longer...

I've had horrid luck with these puppies only lasting 1-2 weeks max.

Hopefully changing the systems will make them last longer.

I bought an eVod, love it, but it flooded after 3 days usage. I saw online that I may need to put an extra wick inside to prevent this from occurring with thinner liquids.

That leaves me to buying the coils for the Kanger T2's. By what I see, 1.8 will be lower, thus producing better flavor and performance, but won't last,where-as a 2.0 will be less performance, but last last longer, right?

My ego has the option to switch from variable to constant, so would that play a part Tameiki?

Edited by SiaTanner

Well it all depends, if you want much better battery life go higher resistance, if you don't care too much go low.

Actually, Afallucco, this is not correct. If you get too high a resistance you will have to activate your battery with the button longer to bring the coil up to temperature enough to vaporize the liquid. = shorter battery life.

Sia- the 1.8 or the 2.0 will give you the best performance for your battery. As far as flooding, you can take apart the T2 and clean and dry it and it will perform like new. I have also found that if you fill the T2 too high up to the metal band at the mouth piece you can flood them. I always fill mine to just below the band and they don't flood. Actually you can fill up to the point where the wick goes in to the coil but no higher. If you fill higher than that on the T2 a thinner liquid can flood the coil.

I started a thread called "a question about resistance" and Viper Ron posted a resistance chart that shows battery voltage versus resistance that is very helpful.

Edited by Bebop12

I use either 70Pg /30VG or 80PG/20VG.

I want the system to last longer...

I've had horrid luck with these puppies only lasting 1-2 weeks max.

Hopefully changing the systems will make them last longer.

I bought an eVod, love it, but it flooded after 3 days usage. I saw online that I may need to put an extra wick inside to prevent this from occurring with thinner liquids.

That leaves me to buying the coils for the Kanger T2's. By what I see, 1.8 will be lower, thus producing better flavor and performance, but won't last,where-as a 2.0 will be less performance, but last last longer, right?

My ego has the option to switch from variable to constant, so would that play a part Tameiki?

For your EVOD, I'd take it off the battery, place a tissue loosely under the bottom of the device and blow into the mouthpiece. It may have gotten some liquid inside the center which will cause gurgling and/or "flooding" of the thing. You may have to do this several times to get all or most of the liquid out. Also, if you see liquid inside the connection part of the battery, dab it with some tissue to dry it out before putting the EVOD back on. That should help.

Nothing is going to last forever but it should last longer than 1 - 2 weeks, although with the lack of quality control on these things, it's just a matter of luck, for the most part.

The variable to constant is pretty irrelevant for this one. The variable on your eGo means that it starts at 3.3 or 3.7 ohms when your battery is fully charged and then, as you use it and the charge goes down so, too, does the voltage. When you change it to constant, the voltage will remain constant until the battery is out of charge. I'm not sure but I don't think it really makes much of a difference. My preference is the constant but everyone is different. It might work for you, or it might not. Sorry I can't be more clear than that!

The one thing I would definitely recommend is to think about getting a variable voltage battery like the eGo Twist or the Vision Spinner. Both are nearly identical except the Spinner has numbers that are easier to read than the Twist. That will make a huge difference in your vaping experience, in my opinion anyway. :D

Well it all depends, if you want much better battery life go higher resistance, if you don't care too much go low. Actually, Afallucco, this is not correct. If you get too high a resistance you will have to activate your battery with the button longer to bring the coil up to temperature enough to vaporize the liquid. = shorter battery life. Sia- the 1.8 or the 2.0 will give you the best performance for your battery. As far as flooding, you can take apart the T2 and clean and dry it and it will perform like new. I have also found that if you fill the T2 too high up to the metal band at the mouth piece you can flood them. I always fill mine to just below the band and they don't flood. Actually you can fill up to the point where the wick goes in to the coil but no higher. If you fill higher than that on the T2 a thinner liquid can flood the coil. I started a thread called "a question about resistance" and Viper Ron posted a resistance chart that shows battery voltage versus resistance that is very helpful.
The amperage draw on the battery is what amounts to the battery life you have. Every electronic device is subject to the physical rules of electronics. At the same power output or watts if you run a higher resistance and voltage you have less amperage draw on the battery than a low resistance low voltage setup. Battery life is all about the draw on the battery referred to as the current or amps. Edited by Afallucco

The amperage draw on the battery is what amounts to the battery life you have. Every electronic device is subject to the physical rules of electronics. At the same power output or watts if you run a higher resistance and voltage you have less amperage draw on the battery than a low resistance low voltage setup. Battery life is all about the draw on the battery referred to as the current or amps.

Okay, cool. I see your point. But is it not also true that the amount of time expended in operating the battery would be a significant part of the equation? How would you measure that? Practically speaking if I use a 2.4 ohm resistance on the same battery (voltage constant) vs a 1.8 coil, I have that battery activated for 2 or 3 times as long to produce approx the same amount of vapor. I'm not arguing the Electical laws, I'm just curious about adding the time in to the equation

• 2 weeks later...

If you have batt that only does 3.3 to 3.7 stick with 1.8 ohms. If batt can go higher than 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 just up the voltage till it tastes the same as the 1.8 at 3.3 or 3.7. Nice thing about having vv is not worrying store being out of a particular one.