Questions from a non-smoker looking to get into vaping

lich122

Hello all, totally newbie here looking for some advice and questions answered. Unlike most members here, i'm not a smoker at all, nor intend to. However, most of my friends i hang out with do and recommended i look into e-cigs/vape-ing; which has lead me here! Just some questions i wanted to ask before i make my first purchase

Are there any side-effects or anything i should know of for casual, non-smokers like me? I only intend on using 0 nicotine juices. My main goal here is mainly just as a hobby and for the flavor. I don't want to get addicted to cigarettes/nicotine or anything since i know it'll be near impossible for me to quit.

Is there a lingering smell associated with vaping? I'll be living at home for a while since i just graduated and i don't want to deal with my parents finding out haha.

I had a few more questions but they're not coming to mind right now, but i think my main concern before i made my first purchase was my first question. If anyone could chime in or comment on 0mg nicotine i'd much appreciate it :)

Can't wait to to join in on the vaping community, and sorry if i misused any terms, feel free to correct me!

It is still too early in the game to know for sure what the effects of vaping are.I am pretty positive they are less harmfull than smoking or dipping.It does seem to be addictive ,haven't heard of but a few folks who have quit vaping in the last four years.I don't think I would rcomend you start ,but if you do use no nic.

Welcome lich122, no smell or side effects for myself. I've read of possible dehydration from heavy users. It seems you'll be vaping with friends so your use will be low. I also use zero nicotine and like the expresso flavors. No worries..

I agree with the others, why even start? Your friends that smoke are admiring you for not being stupid and starting in the first place like they did. They continue to smoke, because they need to, not because they want to, except when they want a smoke then it's because they "want" to. Stay strong! For them, if not for you.

With that said, at least you're looking into Zero nic. I'll assume you have other reasons for being interested in vaping, such as weight control or stress control. Peer pressure isn't in the picture or you would be interested in switching to vaping instead of just starting vaping.

To answer your questions, and leave my judgements behind, (faint), Some of the side effects include but are not limited to nor are they guaranteed to appear are: Acne, Dehydration, Allergic reactions to either a flavor or the PG or the VG, and Empty Wallet Syndrome. There are more, but most side affects are symptoms from quitting smoking and won't relate to you, a non smoker.

Like McQuinn stated, we don't know what the future "problems" might be in gear for us. All we know is that we feel 90% better since we've stopped smoking due to focusing on ecigs/vaping instead. Even COPD patients are healing, which is quite miraculous.

If you go through with this, hopefully your smoking friends will become curious enough to switch over. Is that your angle? If so, you don't have to vape it... just buy a kit (eGo), a variety of flavors, and pass them out as Christmas gifts or .... make it a rule that they can only vape at your house or in your car... or something will come to you besides the act of sucking on something.

I'm assuming many things, I know. I just can't understand why you would want to start something like this.

Vaping is 99% safer than smoking cigarettes as far as we can tell from first hand experience. But, not vaping and not smoking at all, is 200% safer all around. No getting around that.

Good luck and welcome to VT.

If you really want to adopt a hand-to-mouth habit, it would be more productive to take up a hobby of making art-sculptures out of the clippings left over from biting your fingernails. Just my .02 :D

Edited by CascadianExotics

ohh, if you don't smoke, why try e cigs? e cigs is not a absolutely health product and will be addictive, To smokers it is a better choice, but to non-smokers, it is not good

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, totally newbie here looking for some advice and questions answered. Unlike most members here, i'm not a smoker at all, nor intend to. However, most of my friends i hang out with do and recommended i look into e-cigs/vape-ing; which has lead me here! Just some questions i wanted to ask before i make my first purchase

Are there any side-effects or anything i should know of for casual, non-smokers like me? I only intend on using 0 nicotine juices. My main goal here is mainly just as a hobby and for the flavor. I don't want to get addicted to cigarettes/nicotine or anything since i know it'll be near impossible for me to quit.

Is there a lingering smell associated with vaping? I'll be living at home for a while since i just graduated and i don't want to deal with my parents finding out haha.

I had a few more questions but they're not coming to mind right now, but i think my main concern before i made my first purchase was my first question. If anyone could chime in or comment on 0mg nicotine i'd much appreciate it :)

Can't wait to to join in on the vaping community, and sorry if i misused any terms, feel free to correct me!

I feel compelled here to advise you to stay clear of becoming addicted to any drug you never have had before. Innocents is real bliss when it comes to avoiding addiction. Accept for the "Gateway" syndrome I would recommend a NON nicotine solution to enjoy the "POP-Cult" of smoking.

I feel compelled here to advise you to stay clear of becoming addicted to any drug you never have had before. Innocents is real bliss when it comes to avoiding addiction. Accept for the "Gateway" syndrome I would recommend a NON nicotine solution to enjoy the "POP-Cult" of smoking.

I could not agree with this more. I tried dropping the analogs cold turkey and after 3 days of absolute hell I got into vaping. As a solution to quit smoking, it is awesome but if I could do neither that would be my choice in a second. I do not view it as "quitting smoking" as much as a much safer (and cheaper) alternative.

• 1 year later...

I am generally a non smoker. I used to occasionally enjoy a cigar here and there. I really enjoy vaping. I use 0mg juice (most of the time). Vaping is a relaxing activity in itself and has a calming effect on me. Even with 0mg. The act of enjoying a vape does not require nicotine. I say as long as you stick to 0mg and you enjoy it ... why not?