Husband has emphysema

mischi3vous

My husband was diagnosed with early stage emphysema a few years ago and since then he's been telling me that in order for him to quit smoking I need to quit. I can't say that I was ever into the idea of quitting because to be honest I enjoyed smoking. But I bought a couple of the n-joy kits about 5 years ago and gave it a shot, needless to say that was a complete flop what I enjoyed about smoking just wasn't there. Then he was gone in Afghanistan for a few years so I didn't worry about trying to quit.

He returned home about a year ago and he's being treated by the VA, well they finally gave him Chantix (I'm not so sure he really wants to quit). My daughter has a friend on facebook who was talking about this place she found local (Buckeye Vapors). I went and checked out what they had to offer..so much has changed since I bought the first n-joy's and for the better. I ended up spending almost $200 to get us both set up with stuff to start these are so much better the liquid with cartomizers is so much better than the other stuff I get the throat hit think that's what was missing before. First few days I went from 2 packs a day to 5 analogs a day had the typical sore throat for about 2 weeks woke up one morning and it was gone. My husband on the other hand, we've gone back to Buckeye Vapors and got him other flavors, stronger nicotine I've tried to explain to him about the sore throat and that if he'd just cut way back on the analogs and only use the e-cig and give it two weeks the sore throat would be gone but he doesn't believe me.

I can't believe I've figured out how I can quit (the reluctant one) and he's still going at the analog cigarettes. I'm not giving up my e-cigs it's nice to be able to breath when I wake up in the morning without the stuffy head and it's easier to breath period. Wish me luck on this journey because I think it's going to be a rough one to help him get him off the analogs and onto something that will be better for him. :wallbash:

Thanks for telling your story and welcome to Vapor Talk. As I'm sure you know, you can't push your husband too hard (I've been married 21 years and my wife figured that out early-LOL). All you can do is encourage him and maybe tell him to check out the forums. ;) Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally!! First night in a longgggggg time my hubby slept through the night, no coughing fits to wake him up with a need to use his rescue inhaler. He hasn't completely given up his cigarettes but we've found flavors he likes and he is using his e-cig.

Congrats to both of you. I'm living proof it can be done. I was a die hard smoker...I had completely quit quitting. that was 4 years ago.

Very glad to have you with us. Just let him take his time....he'll come the rest of way on his own.

Finally!! First night in a longgggggg time my hubby slept through the night, no coughing fits to wake him up with a need to use his rescue inhaler. He hasn't completely given up his cigarettes but we've found flavors he likes and he is using his e-cig.

That was the key for us finding the right flavors once that happened it was a lot easier. We went threw all the different kits spending hundreds of dollars until we settled in on clearomizers and eGo batteries. You'll find yourself bouncing around as you build a collection of kit types from smaller cigarette sized ones to the larger mod sized ones all depending on your mood. In the end this is much more fun and actually taste good

Congratulation to you and yours best of luck to you!

A few years ago I got him an NJoy, that was expensive buying the cartridges constantly. This time around we started with clearomizers and ego manual batteries. There is a vape shop about half an hour to 45 min away that is where he got the flavors he likes 2 so far couldn't be more opposite each other one is Atomic Fireball and the other is Green Apple (extra juice).