Battery Fire Potential w/noflame ecig battery

I kinda gave it up in the topic but since there is no search function for the forums I apologise in advance if I am duplicating a previous topic.

I have had a noflame ecig (yep collins ave in Miami) for just under a month and the last few times I used it the battery stayed on and the first time I was made aware of this was after I had been using it a few minutes; the LED went out like normal. Several Minutes later I began hearing strange noises from the coffee table area and couldn't figure out what it could be. I began moving items around trying to find the source of the noise and when I went to pick up my ecig it burnt the heck out of my hand. Thinking it might have something to do with the cartomizer I got a couple of thick rags and detached it however the battery continued to heat up even more. I tried a couple of quick "blows" from the cartridge end and a few taps against a tile surface and after repeating this several times it began to cool down. Nothing found indicating cart leaks.

I like the style of ecig this has but not the problems or NoFlame at all.

Advice on Similar systems that don't have the silly heat problem and vaping keeps me away from tobacco after better than 45yrs smoking.

Help......Guide me a bit ?

I'm not familiar with the noflame brand so no help there.

There are several cig-a-like brands,mostly kr808 stuff,that have good reps

and have refillable cartos:Smokeless Image Volt and V4L(vapor 4 life) pop into mind,

If ya wanna go really small and cig like the joye e-roll/ovale e-mini has gotten

very popular but the carts only hold ~.5 ml of juice.They seem to be super easy to fill

and the PCC is neat too lol.

As for the batts they are all Lithium Ion so they all have the potential to overheat/vent/

cause fires.The autos may be more likely to have problems due to liquid getting inside

and causing shorts or switches to stick.

All batts can be hazardous and there are cases where cell phones, laptops etc..had batts go

bad and cause damage.

The percentage of problems is small but the potential is there so caution and study are advised.

HTH

• 4 months later...

I'm not familiar with the noflame brand so no help there.

There are several cig-a-like brands,mostly kr808 stuff,that have good reps

and have refillable cartos:Smokeless Image Volt and V4L(vapor 4 life) pop into mind,

If ya wanna go really small and cig like the joye e-roll/ovale e-mini has gotten

very popular but the carts only hold ~.5 ml of juice.They seem to be super easy to fill

and the PCC is neat too lol.

As for the batts they are all Lithium Ion so they all have the potential to overheat/vent/

cause fires.The autos may be more likely to have problems due to liquid getting inside

and causing shorts or switches to stick.

All batts can be hazardous and there are cases where cell phones, laptops etc..had batts go

bad and cause damage.

The percentage of problems is small but the potential is there so caution and study are advised.

HTH

a friend of mine left his laptop battery on charge to long 1 night and it melted in the laptop. it was the factory dell battery. glad i dont use dell pc's. this toshiba i scored of my brother in law for $75 bucks runs like a champ.

Sounds like a stuck automatic, if your unit starts when you inhale (without pressing a button) its a auto unit, and they can go bad. A buddy of mine has one and will start up if you turn the stereo up!!

Most here use manuals, press a button and inhale.....

Start with a quality unit, bounce around the forum and you will find many choices, and lots of advice!

• 2 weeks later...

lol youre funny ! I dont play video games , so I dont know .

i play a sniper game called "sniper elite v2" it is all about a steady aim and precision. very technical game, your breathing, heart rate, wind and distance are all calculated . its not like call of garbage where you point and shoot.