Would anyone here recommend this set up?

You don't want to turn it upside down. That causes the liquid to flow into the center post which will then ooze down to the battery and causes your "leak". Just tip until the wicks get wet. Also, if you get gurgling? Remove it from the battery and blow the liquid out into a tissue by blowing gently through the mouthpiece. Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Tameiki

Just an observation, I'm starting to notice that the juice in the tank seems to get darker and and maybe thicker as time goes on with every refill... Is this common? I never let it run completely out as I don't want to get the wicks to dry. I use Silver Leaf Menthol, 0.8 nic if this explains anything.

The juice getting darker by just adding more is normal with any kind you're using. Because the juice in the tank is getting heated up by the coil it tends to darken as time goes by. I usually run it pretty low and then empty the tank before adding more juice so that it's a "fresh" batch with each new refill. Hope that helps. :)

By "I emptied the darker juice in my big juice bottle", you didn't by chance put the used juice into your new juice? It's not a good idea to mix old and new. The old juice's composition has been altered by being exposed to the heat so it's not a good idea to mix the two. You're better off just disposing of the old juice and start fresh.

Glad it helped! :D

Ok. How long does a typical coil head last? I guess I'll find out soon enough, just hope I don't find out to soon! Do they just suddenly quit when done or do they slowly deteriorate?

Yes. :D

Each coil can last anywhere from an hour to several weeks. I'm sorry that I can't be specific, it all depends on each individual coil. There are some coils that have lasted for just a few puffs (thankfully, these are pretty rare), to a couple of months. YMMV. Sorry, but I can't be any more specific than that, which is why it's important to have back ups. And back ups of back ups in case the first back up isn't any good.

I Love my mini nova's so far! Both are 1.8Ohm. I have two that i fill with different juice and swap out at will. As others and yourself have noticed as it gets low, around a 1/3, you gotta swirl the juice around the wicks otherwise you'll get that burnt taste. Not a big deal, its just physics! I did however order a Kanger EVOD and two Vision Nano. Just working my way through different pieces of gear trying to find what i like and works good for my Twist and Spinner. The vision nano are 2.4-2.9ohm so im not sure how well they would do on a non vv device. Same with the Kanger it is 2.4-2.6. So we'll see how they work out. I am curious about them tho, as they are both bottom feed.

Happy Vaping!

Is it possible for the coil head to out last the wicks? I mean is there a point where the wicks get clogged or can't absorb the juice correctly any longer giving you a sub par vape?

On my Kangor T2, T3 and MT3 I sometimes wash the wicks (and let dry overnight), and that gives it a day or two more. What are you using?