Yet another newbie...

Carolinamud

Been doing my research and stumbled across this forum about a week ago. I'm currently a Pall Mall pack a day smoker and am getting ready to order a kit this evening or tomorrow.

So after reading tons of posts here and YouTube vids, various websites and reviews, this is what I'm planning on purchasing.

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/joye-ego-kit-matte-black/.

Ego twist (more than likely the 1100mah)

Nova vivi 3.5

Couple packs of boge lr cartos

Juice (few different bottles)

Cones to fit flush with tank

Ok...I've seen nothing but good reviews on the ego, especially for starters. I drive during the day for work so I believe the nova 3.5 would be more suitable throughout the day. Ego twist for ample batt life throughout the day as well.

Any opinions or thoughts or 2¢ worth are welcomed. I'm sure I might be forgetting something and won't realize it till after I place my order so I thought I'd throw my game plan out here for discussion. I do plan on ordering my kit from theveteranvapor.com and might check out some other sites for juices.

One last note: I've been a member of various other forums in the past and had abandoned due to the drama like arguing amongst the members. After reading threads and post that go back two plus years here, I've seen n

Welcome to VT! I think your choice is great. My wife uses both an ego twist as well as a vision spinner. They are essentially the same thing just different brands. She's extremely happy with them. The only thing I can think to mention would be the spinners go all the way to 1300mah, which is pretty awesome for the ego form-factor. You really can't go wrong with either. Once you pick up the boge cartos I would fill with the condom method. There are many opinions on how to fill but this is simply the easiest. There's no way to mess it up really. I personally would prefer a boge in a tank vs a vivi nova but I know there are many that are the opposite. I hope you enjoy your new kit and life for that matter.

Welcome to VT, Mud!! You've made an excellent choice for your first kit with extras, and the vendor is fantastic! You're in good hands, Brian is stellar!!

Your selections are beautiful!! IMHO, This should be the basic beginners kit for everyone. A little bit of everything. Even the old cartridges, and attys, because those are perfect for trying new flavors, getting used to atomizers, easy to refill, .... just the whole nine yards. They do tend to condensate, but you'll learn to keep a kleenex handy. :)

You can also take the filler out of an old one, and learn to direct drip the flavors right onto the atty. Great for flavor testing, and anytime you need stronger punch of flavor. Sweet!

Welcome .Either one would be good.An Ego passthrough with an auto adapter might also be worth looking into.Not much drama here,some perversion in the VIP area but so far as I know it is all virtual.

For me the boge/tank combo is just a stellar vape. The boge produces very saturated flavor which is delicious for warm flavors such as tobacco, coffee, etc. The vivi nova, when it works has it's benefits such as ease of filling. The heads also seem to last quite awhile so they become very cheap over time. For me a vivi is best for fruity or menthol flavors. It, for me, will never hit the spot for tobacco juices. You may feel different after you try them both out. For an excellent cheap tank check out valley vapes. They have a 3ml economy tank made of polypro for like $8. Great tank, I have a couple. Comes with one prepunched carto too. Great vendor in my experience. :D

Edited by mse12

You can't get better customer service than The Veteran Vaper. You've done your homework well. :)

The 1100 might be a bit on the long side if you plan to put it into a pocket, especially once you've put the Vivi Nova on it. Just sayin'. My 1100 with the Vivi Nova MINI measures out at 7.25 inches. If the regular Vivi Nova is a little taller and I don't know if it is or not, it could go about 7.5 inches. My 900 mAh Vision Spinner measures at 4.25 inches. With the Vivi Nova mini it would be around 7 inches. With the eGo 650 and the Vivi Nova mini it's 6 inches total.

Whatever you decide to get, you'll love dealing with Brian at the Veteran Vaper. I just got a package from him today. You may see some drama once I tell Jeffb that I got a handwritten note from Brian in my package though! :lol:

People on this forum are wonderful and very helpful too. All perversions (virtual and otherwise) aside. Welcome!

Received my goodies today from Veteranvaper and Kalamazoo (Still waiting on another package) I used the condom method with a boge carto. The place I ordered drip tips from hasn't come in yet so I guess it is ok to pull out the cotton from a pre filled cartridge and throw it on there right?

I'm a bit new myself. My best advice is to make sure you keep enough supplies on hand. It's not like you can stop in any gas station and pick up what you need. I keep an extra battery with me. Today I forgot it at home so in between vape breaks I charge my battery at my desk. Lucky for me I keep an extra charger in my car or it would be a bad day. It's been a month ofr analogs for me and I would hate to have to break down and buy a pack because my battery was dead.

Anyone who's ever ran out of juice, or battery life....or have had a head or carto inexplicably go t*ts up in the middle of a work day, or evening social event will tell you to always have backups!!! In fact, you should always keep around backups for your backups...