B&m: They're Not All Bad!

Seebs

So today; I'm driving to a client's house for a Math tutoring session and I realize that I'm running low on battery and my last carto is almost dry (I'm still on a V2 starter kit until the eGo I ordered comes in)...

So while waiting at a red light; I punch e-cig, vape store into my GPS and it brings ONE result. Luckily this shop is located about a block away from my client's home. I stepped on the gas and made my way there with about 40 minutes to spare, I walk into the shop and the owner and his wife are puffing away at their leisure. I asked them if they had any empty 808 cartos for my V2 and bought a few of them. We then started talking about vaping, juices, mods and all that good stuff. All in all; I spent 40 minutes in the store, just shooting the proverbial "you-know-what". They pulled out a tray of juices, a Lavatube, a Provari and an eGo twist and let me go to town on them. Never tried to sell me anything, never even tried to push any of their juice on me. We just talked and had a grand time puffing away.

I left the place with a bunch of empty cartos, a 10ml bottle of honey-tobacco (their own mix) and they even recharged my battery while I puffed away on one or their eGos.

I don't know if this is allowed or not, and if it isn't; I'm sorry. But I'm a firm believer in giving credit when credit is due... And the couple at Boca Vapes deserve credit. They're the definition of a mom-n-pop shop (literally), their service is incredible and they have a nice selection of juices (they make their own mixes). The honey-tobacco juice I got from them tastes amazing by the way. So if you're ever in South Florida (Boca Raton area) do pay them a visit. Only thing I regret is that in the haze of all that vaping; I forgot to ask their names, but that's OK; I have to drive up there twice a week so I'll see them again next week for more fun. :)

So there; not all B&Ms are bad. You just have to get lucky and stumble into one where the people running it are as, or more, into vaping than you are.

Seebs

I live in rural Northwestern Mississippi, and we have nothing like that here. Even in Oxford, home of Ole Miss, where you'd think there might be something like that, there's nothing. I've heard about a couple of vape shops in Memphis, but that's over an hour away. I don't mind buying online, but there's nothing like getting your hands on something before you buy it.

It's probably a good thing that there isn't a vape shop around here...especially if they sell ProVaris. My wife would be really pissed if I went into a vape shop and somebody handed me a ProVari and said, "Here...try this one out." Cha-ching!!! :hope:

Edited by Rixter

I could not agree more... There are a ton of eTailers out there that do provide us with a great service and I've purchased from a couple of them already... But there is nothing like walking into a place and having the owner just treat you like your royalty even if he knows you're not going to spend more than $20 in spare cartos and some juice...

These guys are going to get plenty of business from me for sure. Not that I won't purchase online... There are certain juices that I can only get on-line and some mods that the local store would never carry, but for the spare battery replacement, a tank here and there and juice made locally from all natural products... I'm going to them.

Nice couple, nice stock of juices, very affordable prices and superb service... You can't ask for more.

The reason why I had six eGo 650 passthroughs when I joined this forum is because of my local B&M store. The owner is great! I still buy everything I can from him. The only reason why I go online is because his selection is very limited. I even turned him on to Empire Mods' drip shields and the universal drip tip. Although he has a huge selection of e-liquid flavors (all 40 PG/60 VG and 24 mg nic), I don't like any of them other than the Mojito flavor, which is why I buy that in 125 ml bottles.

There are some great B&M stores as well as some not so great. I'm just very lucky to have one in my area. :D

This is how nice this couple is (Hubby is the "chemist" and wifey takes care of customer service)...

I told them that I was after a tobacco flavor with a sweetness to it....

He said: I have my own mix of Honey-Tobacco; here's a 10ml bottle; take it home and have at it. Some time next week, if you have time and want to make an afternoon out of it; just pop in and we'll get to mixing some flavors until we get your mix just right... After that; we'll keep the recipe and every time you want some more just call me ahead of time and I'll have your bottle(s) ready when you show up.

The bottle he gave me is awesome by itself, but I do want to go back there and maybe ask him to put a drop or two of something with a bit of spice to it (maybe some cinnamon or some nutmeg) That would make this flavor just perfect for what I'm after and might even make for a nice base to make Clove. Every time I take a hit of it right now; I get a bit of a "flashback" to when I smoked Djarums... I think all it's missing is the spicy kick after the sweetness... I'm sure he'll get me there next week. Perfect timing for a meet that's going to happen on the 27th at a local bar.

I was like... :yes

Edited by Seebs