Vapor Challenged Noob.

Loucous

Hi all.

I just got my first kit and started vaping yesterday. i choose a Magma kit from Volcano because I liked the idea of refilling the little tanks myself and the product seemed to fit my lifestyle.

My initial observations would be that I tend to take fewer drags, (2-3), off my e-cig per use compared to maybe 10 drags from my old Winston Lights. I also notice that I am using the e-cig more frequently though, maybe 20 times per day compared to before smoking about 1/2 a pack per day. Just wondering if others have had a similar experience as I have no frame of reference.

Welcome to VT. You've found a great place to learn and wonderful helpful people to answer your questions.

Congrats on making the switch to vaping. Once you get into the experience you will enjoy it.

I was a heavy smoker and my vaping has been even more. I use it more than I ever did analogs, but it's so much more healthy and enjoyable.

Good luck and happy vaping :thumbup:

Welcome to Vapor Talk! I also vape more than I smoked. In fact, I took 5 drags reading through this and will probably pick my ecig up and vape when I hit send :). It's just so accessible. Because I chain vape, I keep my nic levels lower so I don't get headaches.

welcome to VT! I'm trying to observe my normal smoking etiquette when vaping, though I have no inhibitions about vaping in my room at my computer. Try not to "over vape." My thoughts are that if you are going from smoking to vaping, it should be a natural progression and the routine shouldn't be disturbed much. We all love our nicotine, but too much of a good thing can be bad. :P

Welcome to Vapor Talk! I also vape more than I smoked. In fact, I took 5 drags reading through this and will probably pick my ecig up and vape when I hit send :). It's just so accessible. Because I chain vape, I keep my nic levels lower so I don't get headaches.
Same here. I'm chain vaping 6mg. I smoked about a pack a day, sometimes more, but I vape more than I smoked, for sure. Welcome and happy vaping!

Welcome to VaporTalk!!! Personally, I'm only about 2 weeks free from analogs, and I vape way more than I ever smoked. My eGo is always on my person, and it feels nice to be able to take a couple hits every now and again pretty much whenever and wherever I want. "Pretty much" being the key phrase, LOL!!! I do follow all social rules regarding smoking until someone in charge tells me otherwise, and don't vape in bars at all. The last thing the e-cig community needs is the publicity of the drunk that got 86'd for lighting up inside because they saw someone vaping.

Edited by CascadianExotics

Welcome to VaporTalk!!

While it may seem that I vape more often than I smoked, in reality, I don't.

I was a 2.5 packaday smoker. I could woof down 2 cigs in 6 minutes. (20 drags?). With vaping, I can only woof down maybe 7 puffs, if that much, in the same amount of time. There are longer pauses between puffs... to allow my wick to regenerate moisture more than anything. I average a puff every few minutes, every 5 minutes actually. Unless I'm craving a smoke, then I can woof down more, or deeper, or stronger mg, but after those cravings are vaped through, I'm back to the averaged out 1 puff per 5 minutes. I can go longer between puffs too, like an hour or so, but I prefer not to. I like my steady pace, it keeps me sane-ish.

Welcome to VaporTalk. I was about a 1/2 pack-a-day smoker of ryo organic tobacco. It's not unusual to vape more than you smoke. I think I do, at times, vape more than I smoked. I'm doing what BHam is doing, keeping my nicotine levels down, around 6mg, so I won't get headaches, or nausea. I also like to take drags here and there. If you keep your nicotine levels low then you won't have to worry about getting too much nicotine. And snubber is right, once you get into it you will enjoy it. I like all the different flavors, batteries, cartos, etc.. Again, welcome to VaporTalk!