Any New Variable Power Mods On The Horizon?

Rixter

The Joyetech Evic is selectable wattage.

So it is. I forgot all about that one. Thanks jeffb. :thumbup:

still thinking about picking up a kick for my sb.......

That thing pretty much makes 'em all VP...big battery mods anyway. I guess the Kicklet takes care of the rest of the 510 lineup. :yes

I'm not thrilled with my kick at all...it may just be mine. When my battery reaches 3.8v not under load it begins giving the studder-vape. That means within the first few hours my vape turns to crap. Off the charger my 18650's read 4.2v so I have from 4.2v - 3.9v of solid vape until I get the studder vape. According to evolv it does the studder vape when under load the battery reads 3.2v or under. I'm sure that it's a built in safety measure but I can't deal with only a few decent hours off a fully charged 18650...my lavatube will vape all day easy with one 18650. That's just my experience.

Edited by mse12

I'm not thrilled with my kick at all...it may just be mine. When my battery reaches 3.8v not under load it begins giving the studder-vape. That means within the first few hours my vape turns to crap. Off the charger my 18650's read 4.2v so I have from 4.2v - 3.9v of solid vape until I get the studder vape. According to evolv it does the studder vape when under load the battery reads 3.2v or under. I'm sure that it's a built in safety measure but I can't deal with only a few decent hours off a fully charged 18650...my lavatube will vape all day easy with one 18650. That's just my experience.

How long have you had it and was it performing poorly from the start?

I've had it several months. I'd have to go back to find the order date. Yes it has performed the same since I received it. Everything I've read points to it being normal. Just a crappy design IMO. Great while it works just sadly that's not very long.

I've only been exposed to variable voltage devices. How would changing the power or the wattage affect a vape? Would it be similar to "higher volts, more vapor/th"? Or is there more to it? Thanks for the replies :).

VV is great, in that you can adjust your mod's volts to suit your atty.

VW is great, in that the mod will adjust it's volts itself, to suit your atty.

Atty's change ohms as they heat up, or die out, or just because they can. The VW helps to keep a steady pace until the last puff.

VV can do that too, with a push of the button to increase or decrease your volts as needed.

VW uses up more battery, as a general rule, but it's well worth it.

For instance, I use mechanical mods mostly, and love love love a fresh (hour off the charger before 1st use), battery at 4.2. The VW will let me vape a consistent equivalent to 4.2 until the battery is depleted at a safe 3.6 or 3.8.

The batteries never get totally drained with the VW, which helps your batteries live longer overall.

Really Bham sir there isn't much difference between VV and VW, only the perceived ones. They both accomplish the same thing in the end, only one does the math for you. On a vv device set to 10 watts with say a 2.5ohm carto or atty, it does the math and sets the output to 5v@2a. On a vv device you have to do the math in your head or with a calculator to know what wattage you're vaping at, but if it you set it to 5v you're still getting the 10w of power. The biggest touted advantage of VW was supposed to be set it and forget it. Only problem is depending on what set up you're using, it's not that simple. A juice in a 3.0ohm carto for example might taste great to you at 10w, in a dc of 1.5ohms might be need more power, a horizontal set up (atty or carto) be awful, or in a single coil 1.5ohm carto be terrible. Too many factors with vaping for anything to be a constant.