Needed: Professional Opinion's On The Right Device

Dejavu

Ok so between me & my boyfriend....we were 2 pack a day smokers. Over the past year we've purchased probably 5-6 different "ego" type battery devices. All of which seem to last about 1-2 hours for us before they need to be re-charged + they just don't produce enough vapor for us to get our "fix" without taking 5 second pulls from them (which isn't good for the atomizer/carto/battery etc.)

So I'm looking to buy 2 new devices today. So far on my list would be the Volcano. I would like to use a device though that i can use my standard 510 tanks/atomizer replacements with. So that's a must for now. I've got too much $ invested in tanks/replacement atomizers atm.

So what's the best device i can get for under $150 right now in your opinion? Keeping in mind I would like to have to suck on the end of something "less" and get "more". Battery life is important but i would rather get my fix quicker & have to re-charge more often....rather than suck more & get more battery life.

Well, you can try the Joyetech eVic. It is at $130, I believe. You can dial in the voltage and whatnot to hit your sweet spot. I have not used one, but it is on my radar. I was just reading a post about the variables.

I have the Joyetech eGo with the 650mAh batteries and the are lasting me about 6 hours or so. 3-4 if I am hitting them fairly often. I got my starter from VaproKings.com as they are having a sale and i have a coupon code for another 10% off: VKBC

http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-eGo-kit-in-matte-black-Genuine-JoyeTech-p/ego-kit-black.htm is the kit I got and it is $69 and change, making getting 2 kits below your $150 price range.

and yes, I am typing this from the gutter.

Edited by Deckyon

Even chain vaping on my eGo 650s I still get a little more than three hours of charge. My 650s are also pass throughs so I can just plug it in and continue to vape while it's charging.

You say you don't get enough vapor. What VG content are you using in your e-juice? Higher VG means more vapor without having to hit it so often. At 50 VG/50 PG, that puts a thick cloud of vapor around my head... :lol:

Well, you can try the Joyetech eVic. It is at $130, I believe. You can dial in the voltage and whatnot to hit your sweet spot. I have not used one, but it is on my radar. I was just reading a post about the variables.

I have the Joyetech eGo with the 650mAh batteries and the are lasting me about 6 hours or so. 3-4 if I am hitting them fairly often. I got my starter from VaproKings.com as they are having a sale and i have a coupon code for another 10% off: VKBC

http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-eGo-kit-in-matte-black-Genuine-JoyeTech-p/ego-kit-black.htm is the kit I got and it is $69 and change, making getting 2 kits below your $150 price range.

and yes, I am typing this from the gutter.

I am currently using this one http://www.vaporshark.com/starter-kits/premium-kits/fusion-kit-pro-with-10-ml-bottle-of-juice.html

Which uses.....

• Replaceable Atomizers (1.8ohm)

• 900mAh Battery (USB Pass Through, 3.7 Constant Voltage)

• USB Pass-Through Cable

So unless their product is just straight up inferior to other 510 ego/kgo types....I'm going to need more.

And I meant $150 per device. Possibly up to 180 if its a magic device.

Even chain vaping on my eGo 650s I still get a little more than three hours of charge. My 650s are also pass throughs so I can just plug it in and continue to vape while it's charging.

You say you don't get enough vapor. What VG content are you using in your e-juice? Higher VG means more vapor without having to hit it so often. At 50 VG/50 PG, that puts a thick cloud of vapor around my head... :lol:

when its fully charged i get about 20 hits that are perfect & its downhill from there....i vape every 3-4mins 14 hours a day

i am using a bit of everything.... rawrvapor, alien stuff bobas/gorilla juice etc. & vapordudes

the device i am using just isn't enough...im going to need some big monstrosity device i am thinking!

Try looking at the following, see if maybe something there will get you going. As I said, I am looking into one of these, but dont know which at this point. Still researching myself.

http://www.vaporkings.com/JoyeTech-eVic-s/3081.htm

http://www.smoktek.com/VAMO-Variable-Power-VV-APV-Rev2--Gun-Metal_p_537.html

You should really try out a good 1.5 ohm atomizer sometime too... you might be surprised. And maybe a step up to an eGo Twist or something would give you enough more.

Good and cheap 510 atty! http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/brdg5105.htm

Have heard good things about the new Lavatube 2 that's out there... and so many more. Start watching a bunch of reviews too... and you can't go wrong with a Provari... I love on mine every single day... my wife even gets jealous.

Edited by DAYVAPE

when its fully charged i get about 20 hits that are perfect & its downhill from there....i vape every 3-4mins 14 hours a day

i am using a bit of everything.... rawrvapor, alien stuff bobas/gorilla juice etc. & vapordudes

the device i am using just isn't enough...im going to need some big monstrosity device i am thinking!

Seriously, with a 900 mAh device you should be getting much longer vaping time. My 900 mAh Vision Spinner lasts easily 6 - 8 hours of constant chain vaping.

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/joye-ego-c-twist-1000mah-battery-matte-black/

I have one of these and it lasts the whole day and then some. Brian, the owner of this store, gives excellent customer service and is very knowledgeable about all of his products.

Oh yeah... your device is jacked if it's that noticeable!

Seriously, with a 900 mAh device you should be getting much longer vaping time. My 900 mAh Vision Spinner lasts easily 6 - 8 hours of constant chain vaping.

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/joye-ego-c-twist-1000mah-battery-matte-black/

I have one of these and it lasts the whole day and then some. Brian, the owner of this store, gives excellent customer service and is very knowledgeable about all of his products.

Well with that info @ $27 i'd be stupid not to give it a try after reading your post. I'll order one of these today and if it works out well, i'll order like 4 more & call it a day!

You should really try out a good 1.5 ohm atomizer sometime too... you might be surprised. And maybe a step up to an eGo Twist or something would give you enough more.

Good and cheap 510 atty! http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/brdg5105.htm

Have heard good things about the new Lavatube 2 that's out there... and so many more. Start watching a bunch of reviews too... and you can't go wrong with a Provari... I love on mine every single day... my wife even gets jealous.

Ok i'll order some of these, i've never dripped before, do i need the 'drip shield' as well for these?

you don't need a drip shield it just keeps things much cleaner.

would a drip shield make my life easier? and it says it fits 910 devices, will this Empire Drip Shield thing fit over the empiremods bridge free lr510 using my 510 device?

the drip shield has done nothing but make my life easier since i got one. so take that for what you will.

yes a standard drip shield will slide over just about any 901 or 510 atty. i believe the ego uses a different type of drip shield so you may need to look into that.

the drip shield has done nothing but make my life easier since i got one. so take that for what you will.

yes a standard drip shield will slide over just about any 901 or 510 atty. i believe the ego uses a different type of drip shield so you may need to look into that.

Excellent thanks for that.

Upon further "thinking into it" i've decided to just order that drip tip / shield from empire mods for now.

I actually read on the mini provari website that it's important to clean your connectors with alchohol & q-tips, so i did that on both of my 900mah devices & they are working i would imagine 25% better now. Perhaps that was also killing my battery (since i have never once cleaned them before).

I'm still going to be ordering a new e-cig device though....and I've decided which one.

I'm going to save some $/hold off a few weeks & purchase the Mini Provari. For one reason alone.....It's made in America. And to me, thats worth the extra $75 v.s. other devices.

Edited by Dejavu

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/emegodrip.htm

The link above is to the drip shields that are made especially for the eGo type of batteries. So is the link below:

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/egodc.htm

The others will...work with an eGo battery but they don't cover the threads like the two links I've posted here. I have several of both types and love them!

510 drip tips (not the 306s) will work with the 510 threaded atomizers. This link:

and the comments give information about direct dripping. It's what helped me to get hooked. :)

This one here:

talks about the drip shields and what NOT to buy for an eGo battery. :lol: Personally, I can't imagine not using a drip shield. It keeps things from getting messy and is very forgiving of people like me who constantly over-drip.

Correct... there are drip shields made specific for ego batts... but the 901 empire ones also work just fine. And the addition of a 'Universal' would get your drip tip out a bit more. Anyway... you know all this by now, lol.

Dayvape, is the 901 drip shields not supposed to cover the eGo battery threads? I've bought several 901 drip shields and while they go over the atomizer just fine, they sit on top of the threads and looks...unfinished. The drip shields that say they are specifically made for eGo batteries cover the threads and look better. :)

You are correct... the threads show (but doesn't bother me) when you use a regular drip shield. Sorry.

Hey, no problem. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong with them. Found some thread covers and they're on the way so that should be taken care of soon. :)