What's Your Tank/carto Combo Of Choice?

Finchx6

I've been asking around with my Provari in the mail.. What are the recommended tanks and cartos people enjoy the most. So far I'm really liking the Pheniac and IBTanked as far as tanks go, but I'd definitely be open to hearing more opinions and makers to look into. I'm really at a loss when it comes to the cartos though. Probably the only one I've heard consistent good things about is the Ikenvape 2.5ohm Punch carto.. It'll be a week and a half before I'm able to order more. Currently that model Ikenvape is out of stock, so I'm hoping they have more by the time I get paid again but like I said earlier, I'm completely open and looking to hear others opinions and to check into any cartos I haven't been told about yet, any other info, etc... thanks in advance everyone

I've been using double-punched 510 XL 3Ω single coil tank cartos from Crystal Clear Vaping as well as from Sure Vapes. The ones from CCV are labeled as being manufactured by SmokTech, but I'm not sure about the ones from Sure Vapes. They look identical and both are double-punched, but the ones from CCV have one hole about 3/16" higher than the other on opposite sides...the holes on the ones from Sure Vapes are both the same distance from the bottom, also on opposite sides.

gallery_15088_188_17902.jpg

CCV's double-punched 510 XL 3Ω single coil tank cartos...note the staggered holes.

Only one carto out of a five-pack from CCV started gurgling and leaking juice, so I tossed it and grabbed the next one in the box...no others from that package leaked. Unfortunately, the first one out of the five-pack from Sure Vapes is gurgling and leaking, but I haven't opened another one from that pack to see what happens yet. I'll post how the others behave once I use up the rest of the package.

My first experience with carto tanks was only recently with a Boge F-16 that I got from Sure Vapes, and it remains my favorite. I, too, am in search of the ultimate tank carto, and I look forward to finding out what others here are having success with. I've been completely blown away with the performance of these devices, and with the exception of two leaking cartos, I haven't found any other delivery gadget that even comes close to providing the amount of vapor and flavor that get from my carto tanks.

Edited by Rixter

I have been using boge 2.0s lately. I use them inside tanks that I get from Valley Vapes. The tanks are dirt cheap and work flawlessly. They use rubber grommets instead of end caps which I absolutely love. They are perfect. They have a side fill hole which I know everyone wouldn't like but for my style of vaping it's the best thing I've found. I also just picked up a five pack of boge fusions that are rated at 2.0 ohms and while they work good I'm not liking the huge gap they make using a shorty 510 adapter.

...the first one out of the five-pack from Sure Vapes is gurgling and leaking...

*UPDATE*

I think I might have found a way to stop the leaking tank carto issue.

First, I drained the remaining liquid from the tank using a syringe, washed it out with hot water, and dried it off inside with a cotton swab. Then I removed the carto from the battery, blew the excess liquid out of the threaded end (blew air into the drip tip end), and cleaned the threads on both the carto and the battery connection with tissue. Next, I screwed the carto back onto the battery, replaced the dry tank and drip tip, and vaped on the still saturated carto without liquid in the tank. I took about 20 or so pulls as if I was vaping on a regular cartomizer. Lastly, I refilled the tank. I've had zero gurgling or leaking from the carto since I performed these steps. :thumbup:

I have been using boge 2.0s lately. I use them inside tanks that I get from Valley Vapes. The tanks are dirt cheap and work flawlessly.

Sure Vapes has the Boge F16 Carto Tank on sale for $5.95 shipped. It holds 4ml of e-liquid and includes a single coil dual punched 1.6Ω Boge F16 cartomizer and drip tip. I've run at least 50 ml of juice through mine and it still works like new...great o-ring seal on the carto and tank. I recommend these to all of my vaping friends and everyone that gets one loves it.

*UPDATE*

I think I might have found a way to stop the leaking tank carto issue... :thumbup:

*ANOTHER UPDATE*

...and then again, maybe not so much. :thumbsdown:

The carto in question (first one out of the box from SureVapes) kept gurgling and leaking despite all efforts, so I grabbed the next one in the box and moved on with my life.

No leaks...no gurgles...an outstanding vape. :wave:

Tank carto success rate: 71%

Edited by Rixter

And then again, there are CE2 Tank Cartomizers and Artemas Locking Cartomizer Tanks to check out now, too. :yes

Mini-Tanker

gallery_15088_188_29100.jpg

Boge 700 mAh VEC pass-through (3.7v eGo) with Artemas Locking Carto Tank and 2Ω SC CE2 (wick-style) Tank Carto. (Shown next to a 50 ml bottle of juice from EC Blend for size comparison.)

Edited by Rixter