Battery Question

Mike

I'm having a newbie moment wondering about a particular battery. I have a couple of mods that take a single 14500 battery. My Mark's mod and VV Robust A that I recently picked up. It was recommended that I use AW batteries in the Robust so I got 2 which are 600mAh. The one that I've been using in my Marks mod is a UltraFire and 900mAh. This battery is over 3 years old and it was one I used with my very first e-cig(701 e-cigar). Needless to say, this battery has a lot of cycles on it and it is pretty much toast but it WAS a good battery. The 2 new AW's I have don't last as long as the UltraFire did and one of them is a dud and only lasts a few vapes. My question is which battery should I get for these 2 PV's? I'd like to have 900mAh, Does AW have these or should I go with a different kind? I've always read that AW's are the best but are they really?

AWs are "high drain" which means they can handle more current but I've found that they do not hold a charge as long (IMHO). You can use these in your Marksmod. Hmmmm? Won't let me paste the link. I use either trustfire or ultrafire 14500s from Madvapes.

The IMR's discharge faster but when charged you get more current faster so things heat up quicker,they do drain down quicker though.I tried them but ended back with Trustfire 900 mAh 14500's as the best balance between usefull life and cost.The IMR's I had were flat tops ,so I have to use a spacer to make contact in my boxmods,kind of a pain.I supose I could put a blob of solder on the connector .

• 4 weeks later...

Alot of that all has to do with the C rating of the battery. In general, the mAh rating, in most cases will not matter, what really matters in my experience, is the actual C rating of the battery itself.

In my own personal mods that I make, that do not use standard lithium ion batteries, but lithium polymer battery packs, I always use a high C rated battery (20C rated, with a 40C burst rate, or higher. 20C at a minimum), and these alaways have a much better performance, simply because they have a much higher load handling capacity, and a better chemistry than LiOn.

Just my opinion of course.