My 1St Vaping Experience.

Hello there,

I still remember when I saw an electronic cigarette for the first time. I asked what it was and how it functions. I was really hesitant then, somewhat paranoid that it might electrocute me if I use it and a bit curious about the feeling. I definitely loved tobacco smoking then (been at it for like 15+ years). Though, I knew the effects, I still continued with it up until I noticed that I have shorter stamina and was dependent on it. I somehow figured that it was about time to quit or at least reduce my smoking as I was consuming more than 2 packs of cigarettes a day (Talk about costly)! Then, a friend of mine showed me for the first time how the e-cigarettes actually work and told me to actually give it a try. After, I sipped it, I was really surprised, it was Cherry flavored and it felt good! I was lucky he had an extra starter kit and agreed to give it to me. Then, it wasn't for long that I noticed that I had switched from the traditional cigar smoking habit into the e-cigs! With all the flavors and blends, I simply enjoyed it... Now, I'm particularly prefer mixing 2 different e-juice flavors, mostly with apple flavor... I'm just glad that I discovered it!

Share how you started vaping.

• 1 month later...

I was having an epic fight with a fuel nozzle at a gas station, the damn thing just wouldn't cooperate with me. The thing was not functioning right - the automatic fuel shutoff thingy didn't work properly - it overfilled my tank, and I wasn't happy about the puddle of gas under my car. After putting the nozzle back on the pump, I made my way inside to inform the gas attendant that pump number so and so was malfunctioning. While I was there, I saw he had a disposable e-cigarette for sale - for $7.99, I figured, why not? I'd just gotten a virtual yelling at by my doctor a few days before, my health was indeed suffering - lungs were not happy - and my skin was giving me trouble too - which the doctor said was related to the smoking...2 packs a day were not good for me.

As I got into my car, I reached for my box of American Spirits and lighter - and then stopped myself - and said, let's try this e-cig thing. Got on the road and started puffing away. Okay, nicotine... check, definitely here. Gonna need something more powerful if I'm gonna stick with this, but, yeah, this could work...

I went thru the disposable (supposedly equivalent to 2 packs of real cigarettes) within 2 hours... and on with the search for something more suitable to my nicotine needs...

I bought an e-cigar that I found while surfing online. Had no idea about it. Just thought it would be a good laugh at parties. I didn't realize there was nicotine in it nor did I know that people use these in place of smoking. My smoking habit decreased substantially in the first few weeks, I bought a 510 starter kit and was ready to give up the cigs when I found Vapor Talk. I quit on 12/30/09 and joined VT on 12/31/09 after 2 days of "lurking".

I was having an epic fight with a fuel nozzle at a gas station, the damn thing just wouldn't cooperate with me. The thing was not functioning right - the automatic fuel shutoff thingy didn't work properly - it overfilled my tank, and I wasn't happy about the puddle of gas under my car. After putting the nozzle back on the pump, I made my way inside to inform the gas attendant that pump number so and so was malfunctioning. While I was there, I saw he had a disposable e-cigarette for sale - for $7.99, I figured, why not? I'd just gotten a virtual yelling at by my doctor a few days before, my health was indeed suffering - lungs were not happy - and my skin was giving me trouble too - which the doctor said was related to the smoking...2 packs a day were not good for me.

As I got into my car, I reached for my box of American Spirits and lighter - and then stopped myself - and said, let's try this e-cig thing. Got on the road and started puffing away. Okay, nicotine... check, definitely here. Gonna need something more powerful if I'm gonna stick with this, but, yeah, this could work...

I went thru the disposable (supposedly equivalent to 2 packs of real cigarettes) within 2 hours... and on with the search for something more suitable to my nicotine needs...

Interesting! I have psoriasis, asthma, and arthritis (all three are related). My psoriasis isn't terrible...but it is annoying and a bit embarrassing at times. I wonder if that will clear up some with vaping as opposed to smoking....

• 3 weeks later...

I am an online gamer. I found myself in front of the computer playing online games and I would lite a cig and put it down while I played and found myself burning 1/2 to 2/3 a pack of cigs without taking a drag. Well a online friend/teammate told me about ecigs and of he told me about using one of them while gaming just to keep from burning up cigs. Well I figured I would give it a try to at least cut down on the wasted cigs. Off to the local tobacco store I go and find a brand that seemed like a good fit (clerk tried to help as much as possible but was not very knowledgeable about ecigs). Well taste was a little off but seemed to work at least while i was in front of the computer. I was looking for more information and more variety and a stronger th. That being said I went on Yelp.com and searched e cigs and actually found a brick and mortar vape shop. I went in and asked questions and they were outstanding in answering all my questions even though I had stated to the clerk that I was not sure I was going to buy today, (gotta give VapeRevolution a shout out here as they were the shop in question). I walked out with a ego (don't remember the exact model) pen style drip set up and that was the last day I had a cigarette. I have since moved on to the Itaste MVP and love it. Its nice having a storefront so close to my house cause I can try before I buy juices and staff is always very helpful and great to meet other vapers.

Back in the summer of 2010, my former roommate bought an eGo C kit, and tried getting me to quit smoking with him. Didn't put much stock in it then, as he is probably one of the most gullible idiots I've ever met regarding the latest fads and trends. :lol: The funny thing is that it actually did work for him a year or two later, and he ended up selling his eGo C to a mutual friend so he could upgrade to a better e-cig. Ever since my better half and I met, she's been trying to get me to quit smoking. As fate would have it, that same mutual friend brought his e-cig to my girlfriend's attention....and then her persistent nagging about my smoking turned to persistent nagging about getting me on the e-cig. So much so, that I started hating Stephen Dorff, and his stupid Blu e-cig commercials..... Finally, I caved and decided to make yet one more new years resolution to stop smoking. So, I started researching, got a kit, and wound up here on VaporTalk. Now I am four weeks off analogs, and feeling great!!! :D

Edited by CascadianExotics

My wife, mother and DR were nagging me too much about my 3 pk a day habit. I saw a head shop advertising them on it's sign and picked one up to shut them up. Much to my surprise it worked and I quit smoking, and they all stopped nagging me about smoking. They have all since found many other things to nag me about.