Please Help

I have a friend who tried my ego mini nivi vova and stardust ce4 clearomizer and she coughs as soon as it hits her lips. she's tried 11mg and even 6mg and coughs no matter what. She's tried not inhaling for a few seconds, vg base, more pg, and she coughs no matter what. She only smokes 6-8 cigs a day.

Should we try 3mg nic?

Which juice is best for soothing throat with little irritation.

Thanks y'all!

In my limited experience the creamy flavors are by far the smoothest. You didn't mention which flavors she tried so it's hard to tell if that was the culprit or not. I just got a whole mess of new flavors as well as 50 ml bottles of my current favorite: EC Blend's Dulce de Leche. Both are at 6 mg nic, 60 PG/40 VG. One bottle is extra flavor, which I'd bought in a small 5 ml bottle to try previously, and the other is at double extra flavor. I figured the double extra flavor, if I didn't care to vape it alone, it would be great to mix with other flavors without having to use as much.

The straight fruit flavors are... sharper in taste, IMO, and can be harsher for me. The bakery blends like Nilla cookie, vanilla cupcake, strawberry shortcake, pineapple upside down cake, etc. are easier on my throat and taste delicious!

Just a thought. :)

I have found that people who are really not interested in vaping seem to do that a lot.It also could be you just need to try a different brand of liquid some brands just have something in thier base that is the same for all flavors .I have noticed that some of the domestic liquids I tried were all similar in some respects.

1st....is she pulling into the mouth first then inhaling, or taking straight into the lungs.....makes a huge difference.

2nd...as mentioned above, could be the flavor. depending on the liquids...the flavoring could be the culprit.

I have found that people who are really not interested in vaping seem to do that a lot.

You know, I never thought about it before, but you're right. It's almost like they're saying, "yeah...no thanks...smoking is better for me".

I have seen people take one really tiny pull, go into an extremely exaggerated coughing fit, and hand it back shaking their head at me with a look on their face like I'm crazy for doing it. Some others tell me that they saw on "The News" how dangerous "Those Things" are and flatly refuse to try it.

By contrast, I haven't had a coughing fit since April 8, 2012...the day my first PV arrived in the mail. Haven't had a single cold since that day, either. :thumbup: Coincidence...I think not.

I know when I smoked ,I liked it and had no desire to quit.I resented folks who infringed on my right and sometimes got downright irritated.So I don't get too pushy .But if they ask about them I tell them more than they ever thought they wanted to know.There are a lot stupid things I used to do I don't do anymore and some I still do .I try very hard to not be one of those people who you hate to see coming.

Similar to what kitsune alluded too, when I don't direct inhale (straight to the lungs) the vape whether PG dominant or VG dominant is not as harsh. I will inhale in my mouth and then slowly breathe it into my lungs when I first wake up because I've go through something similar (but not nearly to that level). Try different e-liquids or even higher resistance cartomizers to significantly decrease the TH. I use 3.0ohm (+ or - .1ohms) cartos because lower resistance cartos irritate my throat.

• 2 weeks later...

there are a few reason why people cough at first inhale , the main reason is straight to there lungs thing . I ussally ask "did you cough the first time you hit a anolog ?"Try to show her how to suck into her mouth then into her lungs altho going into lungs isnt neccesary, but remember there is a learning curve . I usally pull into mouth then sharp breath thru nose then exhale thru nose

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like my father on law. He's 50, been smoking at least 35 years. He has copd, and broken his back twice. He lives on long term disability in a one bed camper. I bought him ecigs after hearing a sob story about he needs to just give up the analogs blah blah blah. That was about a year ago or so and he is still smoking pall mall ultra lights. His starter kit probably wound up in his garbage can. The one or two hits I ever saw him take on it looked like he was dying his cough was so hard. I think he just wasn't willing to give up the smokes to begin with. Good luck to your friend. :)